Television Marvel Studios Secret Invasion

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I think I'm about done with Marvel. I was able to keep up with the original phase up until End Game because it was mainly movies that are separated by months and only take a couple hours to get through. Was also in awe of how they're tying everything together.

But now, there's too much stuff to watch and I'm not sitting through hours of TV shows to stay up to date and a lot of the stuff being released now also seems to not be as inventive or as fun anymore.

caid

Bleh.
Was thinking, oh this could be a fun 2 hour spy movie with an interesting premise, right up to the last second of the trailer. Dragged out tv series riddled with cameo's as content, interest evaporated.

Drawfull

Like others, I'm pretty much done with Marvel. Too many series now, and too many of the recent movies are crap. And Disney+ now having a 'better' version of the films over the physical releases pisses me off.

muller

Looks amazing. Really looking forward to this one.

Sylar

Think this looks good. It looks more focused than the last few series. Was thinking it's 2023 but that's only three months away.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I like Ben Mendelsohn and Olivia Colman.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This looks good, seems to be a thriller similar to The Winter Soldier film uncovering a conspiracy. Good to have Fury back in a more prominent role.

stevoc

Like others, I'm pretty much done with Marvel. Too many series now, and too many of the recent movies are crap. And Disney+ now having a 'better' version of the films over the physical releases pisses me off.
Are the movie on Disney+ different?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Marvel seems to have antagonised their fanbase with a drop in story quality accompanied by a Disneyfied ideological vibe that makes everything feel over processed and predictable. Seeing the same thing in Star Wars.

Drawfull

Are the movie on Disney+ different?
Yes - all the recent releases (and a lot of the back catalogue has had similar features added retrospectively) have IMAX aspect ratio shots, which aren't present on the 4K physical releases, so you get a more-immersive picture from Disney+ that's hard to tell apart from true 4K or upscales, but comparatively-shit sound quality.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

Looks insane, with a couple of heavy hitters in there. Thought it was a movie at first.

Drifter

American
Well it is confirmed that it will not be on the scale of the comics, which is understandable, but more a Marvel version of The Thing.

Ekeke

From the trailer it doesnt seem to involve superheroes and villains, more just the army, government, spies etc which would be different from the comic event and looks boring to me

Adamsk7

This actually looks good. The MCU has got way too jokey recently and the CGI has been subpar. The original formula of some witty one liners in amongst the action worked well. Thor Love and Thunder was the last straw for me on that and I was dying for something at least a bit more serious. It seems Wakanda Forever and this could be a return to form, although I do worry about Ant-Man 3 because if any film has a chance of going for that weird uncanny valley bobble head faces on suits that aren’t really there whilst “the volume” creates an utterly bland looking background with zero depth then that is it.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Thought this has looked better than some of the other Marvel show's trailers. Looks a bit more gritty, which could be a nice change of pace.

dinostar77

Comics Explained site going through the comic version of this story. Which will have similarities and obviously differences to the disney+ show.

Sylar

Releasing in two days.

And a reason to post this out of context :nervous:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Strong start. Ending emphasised that nobody can be trusted to be who they seem.

Unam333

The first episode was really good. Didn't expect that ending. Happy to see a few Phase One cast members back again.

Hamnat

Really strong start. Just what you want in this storyline. Suspect everyone, trust no one. Assuming everyone is sus. Expect some long standing characters to be shock or not so shock infiltrators.

Last edited:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
They should give it a go at writing a coherent plotline considering the state of everything post-Endgame
Shang chi, wankanda forever, no way home and guardians 3 are all decent to excellent films. Doctor strange 2 is pretty good on rewatch.

The rest, meh.

Oldyella

More Ben mendelson is never a bad thing. Did feel a bit slow but cant wait to see how it turns out, just hard to have a big impact in this, anyone cast, you will auto assume they are a skrull..

Sylar

I liked it, and I like the cast.

Focusing mostly on fury is the best move, and I think the mystery of who you can and can't trust is great

Cal?

CR7 fan
Good first episode, but one question:

Why didn't they just give the Skrulls Garden (Thanos retirement plan)

Hamnat

Good first episode, but one question:

Why didn't they just give the Skrulls Garden (Thanos retirement plan)
I mean really in the MCU to date we haven't met the big cosmic empires yet. We met the Kree, Skrulls, still a few big ones normally tied to X-men. Captain Marvel though hinted she was handling crises all over the Galaxy in Endgame why she didn't find them a planet in 30 years is a question. Or why didn't they ask Quill if they could move to a neighborhood on Knowwhere.

The Asgardians got their own refugee town , the Skrulls do have a legit gripe it seems.

Oldyella

2nd Episode was pretty good. Not much happened but there were a few good scenes in it, Fury/Talos, Fury/Rhodey and whatever Olivia Coleman is up to.

I like the way it appears they are going to introduce Super Skrull too.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I mean really in the MCU to date we haven't met the big cosmic empires yet. We met the Kree, Skrulls, still a few big ones normally tied to X-men. Captain Marvel though hinted she was handling crises all over the Galaxy in Endgame why she didn't find them a planet in 30 years is a question. Or why didn't they ask Quill if they could move to a neighborhood on Knowwhere.

The Asgardians got their own refugee town , the Skrulls do have a legit gripe it seems.
To be fair to Fury, I can see humans being much more open to accepting aliens who looked human like Asgardians than reptilian like Skrulls.