Film Marvel Inhumans

Half way through. Still watching it but I repeats, its not... great.
Its like they dont have much to do and are finding excuses for inhumans not to use their powers. Maybe its a budget thing? Dunno, but if youre making a show about inhumans, you need to be displaying inhumans powers to the max.
Even though its a cut series to 8 eps, it still feels like thats about 5 eps too much and they are filling time to get to a moment (which will be the finale).
Shame.

Half way through. Still watching it but I repeats, its not... great.
Its like they dont have much to do and are finding excuses for inhumans not to use their powers. Maybe its a budget thing? Dunno, but if youre making a show about inhumans, you need to be displaying inhumans powers to the max.
Even though its a cut series to 8 eps, it still feels like thats about 5 eps too much and they are filling time to get to a moment (which will be the finale).
Shame.

Yeah it’s definately not as bad as the critics made it out to be - but it’s certianly not great and it could have been a much better.

Ep 1 spoiler
Medusa getting her head shaved felt like it was to save budget and my goodness does this piss me off

Yeah it’s definately not as bad as the critics made it out to be - but it’s certianly not great and it could have been a much better.

Ep 1 spoiler
Medusa getting her head shaved felt like it was to save budget and my goodness does this piss me off

Exactly what I thought as soon as I saw that scene. Its annoying. And then when I watch other parts of the show, im thinking, how much budget did they have and what exactly did they spend it on? surely it wasnt all spent on the finale.

I worked on the trailer for this. Probably the worst thing I've worked on. Looks so cheap and tacky, with a by the numbers plot. Awful stuff.

it's shite. you can tell it was forced into production rather than organically chosen like every other movie and tv show. fecking agents of shield delayed a few months to air this too, cnuts.

Exactly what I thought as soon as I saw that scene. Its annoying. And then when I watch other parts of the show, im thinking, how much budget did they have and what exactly did they spend it on? surely it wasnt all spent on the finale.

Yeah it is a shame - it really seemed to be better fit for a movie - especially if they are going cosmic for the next phase. Instead we get this rushed, budgeted effort that is underwhelming.

Thanks guys. I have a lot of other stuff to watch and it's been 50/50 whether I watch this or bin it.
Deleted.

Dog shit, was pointless even doing an Inhumans show if they weren't going fairly big budget.

Watch "The Gifted" instead, that show is actually decent.

I'm kind of weirdly hanging on in there, but keep watching it pissee each week and can barely ever remember what happens.
The massive dog was sick?

Finally finished this. OMG, what a tragedy this ended up being. It was doomed to fail from the start and it never even tried. The dude who directed this also directed Iron Fist and the last seasons of Dexter, right? What a mess. How is this guy getting work?

The one thing about inhumans is you want to see the power at least. The main character was a mute but the actors inability to actually show his facial expressions killed the character. But ok, fine, this is the one character you build up to see his power finally unleashed in the finale. Sure, fine, whatever.
But why the F are they taking powers away from the rest of the main cast?

Crystal was pretty much useless except for being dreamy eyed over a surfer and making a few lightning bolts.
Medusa had her powers chopped off 15 or so minutes into the opening episode and.... yeah thats it.
Karnak of course loses his powers when on Earth cos... why not? And then somehow gets it back once back on the moon but then never uses it again?
Fish dude somehow appears towards the end and is some badass ninja type warrior. Ok fine.
Mordis was probably the best character and they hardly used him, then hes... gone.
Of course Lockjaw was only used for teleportation and then pretty much sidelined for about half of the episodes, probably cos they didnt have the budget for it. Madness.

It was a mess. The whole story of the cast system had so much potential as well. Maximus should have been much much better than he was too.

Aghhh

Finally finished this. OMG, what a tragedy this ended up being. It was doomed to fail from the start and it never even tried. The dude who directed this also directed Iron Fist and the last seasons of Dexter, right? What a mess. How is this guy getting work?

The one thing about inhumans is you want to see the power at least. The main character was a mute but the actors inability to actually show his facial expressions killed the character. But ok, fine, this is the one character you build up to see his power finally unleashed in the finale. Sure, fine, whatever.
But why the F are they taking powers away from the rest of the main cast?

Crystal was pretty much useless except for being dreamy eyed over a surfer and making a few lightning bolts.
Medusa had her powers chopped off 15 or so minutes into the opening episode and.... yeah thats it.
Karnak of course loses his powers when on Earth cos... why not? And then somehow gets it back once back on the moon but then never uses it again?
Fish dude somehow appears towards the end and is some badass ninja type warrior. Ok fine.
Mordis was probably the best character and they hardly used him, then hes... gone.
Of course Lockjaw was only used for teleportation and then pretty much sidelined for about half of the episodes, probably cos they didnt have the budget for it. Madness.

It was a mess. The whole story of the cast system had so much potential as well. Maximus should have been much much better than he was too.

Aghhh

Makes me glad I gave up half way through the first episode!

I cant believe I watched all of it, expected the finale to be something special, ie showing black bolt and others use their powers, but my oh my, that was such a shit finale

Absolutely terrible

I forgot this exist, and just started watching it.

Interesting thread, I think you guys have too high pre-expectations which is fine. I have a low pre-expectations and love Episode 1.

I like all the cast, somehow I felt a connection with all straightaway. Iwan Rheon did fine, was hoping for more but it'll do, I enjoy his performance - despite being the no power character, had to use his charisma, strategy and connections. Surprise to see Serinda Swan here, didn't expect that. Black Bolt, Karnak, Gorgon, Maximus and Auran are all cool, and personally thankful this series have another two "quakening" characters (Cr- and Aur-) *ahem*. The love story between Medusa and BB is interesting enough, it's been a while seeing a good love story in any movie/series. BB and Maximus are relateable for me, for their character and "disabilities", and each representing two different political perspectives in ruling and future development of their small kingdom, yet both I think have the same goal (? still haven't finish it). Also referring to a certain normal character, yeap it's so annoying having a narrow minded inconsiderate boss who love to point finger and put all the blame on someone else.

Downside, being a superhuman series, this series lacks more scenes of them using their powers, and it's a lot more of a human type of struggle I anticipated than conflicts among superhumans. Some of the special effects is horrible though. After a Quick read through this thread and get spoiled, yeap, I'll probably felt similarly disappointed towards the ends. Meh, nvm don't have a high expectations of this series anyway. Will consider it a good series, not one of the best, but still, good watch to pass time.

I forgot this exist, and just started watching it.

Interesting thread, I think you guys have too high pre-expectations which is fine. I have a low pre-expectations and love Episode 1.

I like all the cast, somehow I felt a connection with all straightaway. Iwan Rheon did fine, was hoping for more but it'll do, I enjoy his performance - despite being the no power character, had to use his charisma, strategy and connections. Surprise to see Serinda Swan here, didn't expect that. Black Bolt, Karnak, Gorgon, Maximus and Auran are all cool, and personally thankful this series have another two "quakening" characters (Cr- and Aur-) *ahem*. The love story between Medusa and BB is interesting enough, it's been a while seeing a good love story in any movie/series. BB and Maximus are relateable for me, for their character and "disabilities", and each representing two different political perspectives in ruling and future development of their small kingdom, yet both I think have the same goal (? still haven't finish it). Also referring to a certain normal character, yeap it's so annoying having a narrow minded inconsiderate boss who love to point finger and put all the blame on someone else.

Downside, being a superhuman series, this series lacks more scenes of them using their powers, and it's a lot more of a human type of struggle I anticipated than conflicts among superhumans. Some of the special effects is horrible though. After a Quick read through this thread and get spoiled, yeap, I'll probably felt similarly disappointed towards the ends. Meh, nvm don't have a high expectations of this series anyway. Will consider it a good series, not one of the best, but still, good watch to pass time.
To be fair I had pretty low expectations and some how it didn’t even meet those. It was atrocious with really nothing that gave me any hope for a season 2. Has it even been renewed?

@Andersons Dietician
Still no official announcement. Apparently there are fans of this series who petitioned for its renewal of season 2. Personally not looking forward to it, but will watch it anyway since it's marvel. I don't like Marvel's ABC's series that much though, it's too plain for me compare to the Netflix ones. The best moment for Agents of Shield is only Ghost Rider. :devil:

To be fair I had pretty low expectations and some how it didn’t even meet those. It was atrocious with really nothing that gave me any hope for a season 2. Has it even been renewed?

This is how I felt. The trailer was like a wtf moment. You can tell how rushed the whole thing was.

It's often always subjective anyway, some people will like it, some don't which is fine.

I like the series, but the final episode is rubbish and messy. Horrible final going-no-where storyline, and disappointing ending. So once again, the "good guys" wins, while the damaged "bad guys" have that usual boring kind of ends. Maximus and especially Mordis (as we know what happened with Gorgon) should have better individual endings.

@Sylar Agree the series seems rushed, maybe it has to do with the schedule issue with ABC. Its trailer is boring.

It's often always subjective anyway, some people will like it, some don't which is fine.

I like the series, but the final episode is rubbish and messy. Horrible final going-no-where storyline, and disappointing ending. So once again, the "good guys" wins, while the damaged "bad guys" have that usual boring kind of ends. Maximus and especially Mordis (as we know what happened with Gorgon) should have better individual endings.

@Sylar Agree the series seems rushed, maybe it has to do with the schedule issue with ABC. Its trailer is boring.

Mordis just seemed a fantastic character. Thought he was interesting and they just needed to get rid off him due to his power
Shame

I know this is bumping a very, very old thread but I stumbled across Inhumans on Disney+ last night and watched the first 3 episodes. Really not sure what to make of it? Waiting for it to peak and something to happen.

I will say that I'm finding Black Bolt very irritating.

I know this is bumping a very, very old thread but I stumbled across Inhumans on Disney+ last night and watched the first 3 episodes. Really not sure what to make of it? Waiting for it to peak and something to happen.

I will say that I'm finding Black Bolt very irritating.
Nothing happens, it's terrible