Martin Baturina

Sign him at all cost. Can't miss out on a CM potential anymore. Feck Frenkie, get Baturnia.

I'm curious how can you know Modric was far better at the same age when he was playing in the croatian league as well. I'm not going to pretend I watched the croatian league, but it seems people followed Modric's career since his youngster years.

Am Croatian

Sign him at all cost. Can't miss out on a CM potential anymore. Feck Frenkie, get Baturnia.
He's more of an AM actually, although he's somewhere between an 8 and a 10.

He's not massively overrated like one poster wrote in a page before, but on the other hand Modrić was better at his age which isn't a slight on him cause Modrić was a generational talent.
He needs a next step in his career and the next step is certainly a move abroad.
He has all the tools to be a great player imo.

He's not massively overrated like one poster wrote in a page before, but on the other hand Modrić was better at his age which isn't a slight on him cause Modrić was a generational talent.

Pretty much this. With Modric I was sure he is gonna be great even at that age. Can't say the same with Baturina despite his potential. And it's not a slight on Baturina as you say.

I mean, Modric by the age of 21 had a solid case that he was already best Croatian midfielder and one of its best players. He was already the best player in the league and when he debuted for Croatia against Argentina (with young Messi) in 2006 he was among the best players on the pitch. I would argue that Kovacic also looked more talented than Baturina at the same age.

Does't mean that Baturina isn't a nice prospect. Am just not sure is he a prospect for those few, very top clubs. And no shame in that.

Pretty much this. With Modric I was sure he is gonna be great even at that age. Can't say the same with Baturina despite his potential. And it's not a slight on Baturina as you say.

I mean, Modric by the age of 21 had a solid case that he was already best Croatian midfielder and one of its best players. He was already the best player in the league and when he debuted for Croatia against Argentina (with young Messi) in 2006 he was among the best players on the pitch. I would argue that Kovacic also looked more talented than Baturina at the same age.

Does't mean that Baturina isn't a nice prospect. Am just not sure is he a prospect for those few, very top clubs. And no shame in that.
Yeah, he could have a good career even if he doesnt end up at very top clubs. Comparisons with Modrić don't help him. I watched Luka at Dinamo and even then it was obvious how good he is. Also he got very few minutes at WC 2006 despite the fact he was ready even then to step up after a great debut season for Dinamo that season.

Baturina has some nice tools, nose for a goal, a good dribbling, and a pass, but sometimes he disappears when the game is tough. That's why I think he should move abroad and should be wise in choosing the next club.

Modric wasn't always a winger. He played in midfield for Croatia before he joined Spurs. That's how I found out about him. Back then they had Srna as their captain.
He was never a winger. At Dinamo he played a LM in a 4-4-2 formation and I think at Spurs he played that position too at the start.

I'm not sure how willing I am to believe in a Croatian footballer whose name doesn't end in 'ic.

I'm sure they've existed, but Davor Suker aside, I don't want anything to do with them.