Marcus Rashford new contract thread | It's officially signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not pick and choose, if we signed Harry kane and he was average in the Premier league but great in the Europa and league Cup, I'd be very disappointed with that signing, again I wouldn't have thought it was controversial to say that performances and stats from the Premier league and champions league should be valued far higher than two second rate competitions
Do we count Vincinius' goals in Copa del Rey and Club world cup? Cause those are not valued competiton as La liga and CL?

Vinicius is probably a top 5 player in the world, rashford is nowhere near that level, probably not even top 10 in the pl
:lol:

You're having an absolute mare.

Dont know which statement is more wrong.

Most people would agree with both of those statements
How would you know that exactly?

I mean I can say some silly thing and claim most people would agree. It wouldn't make the statement any less silly.

So he scored 17 goals in all competitions this year.
As much as Rashford scored in PL.

And as I said, vincius plays as a more traditional winger, in a team that has another focal point of attack, rashford was basically our sole outlet for goals, and thr focal point of our attack.

Listen lads. Goals against Fulham and Southampton are much more difficult than goals against Barcelona or Newcastle because they were scored in the Premier League. Also Vinicius is way better because he plays in a league notorious for how difficult and competitive it is.

Goals that won us points against Arsenal and City are nowhere near as good as the goals Salah adds to his tally when his team is 3 and 4 nil up.

I get where you're coming from, I just think that when Woodward left this should be the time to show we've moved on from those days of sky high contracts to players who don't really deserve them, if we give rashford a 4 or 5 yesr contract at 20m a year, that's us saying that that's our wage structure that we're happy with. If we look to sign kane, and rashford has just been given 375k a week, kane's well within his rights to ask for 500k a week when before 375 would have been about his level, we saw it with sanchez and de gea and how that affected sancho and varane coming and what they could ask for.

Look at Madrid with Ronaldo, had they kept him another few years and got his juventus level combined with the rest of the side they had, they might have won another champions league, 4 in a row potentially. But flo didn't budge and he sold him, they could have been like Barca and given Ronaldo a ludicrous contract but it would have encouraged others.

Being a well run club doesn't come about by magic, it means making financially prudent decisions even when they aren't the easy decisions, because if you're only financially prudent until a player gives you an ultimatum then immediately relent, that's how you end up with two league cups and a europa league to show for a billion pounds in transfer fees and feck knows how much in wages over thr same period

That's fine, though I think you're massively overrating the degree to which Rashford's contract would impact what Kane asks for relative to the rest of the market. He'll be fully aware of what other clubs pay players and what other clubs would pay him in a year's time on a free transfer too.

But you should be clear on what you're arguing for: a contract offer that would more likely than not see Rashford leave and our plans for the coming couple of seasons massively disrupted. Because the 300k offer you argue for as the max offer from us will be out bid by multiple other clubs, likely including from some within our own league. There's zero point imagining a fantasy world where that isn't the case and he's likely to accept less money than the extended negotiations with him have suggested.

And it should be no surprise that to the club and most fans, it's worth paying Rashford that extra amount of money to ensure he isn't playing for a club like PSG or (worse again) Chelsea the season after next, while we struggle to replace him. Because if we put ourselves in that position because we were unwilling to pay him the extra 75k a week that those other clubs were, people would be screaming murder at our lack of ambition.

And as I said, vincius plays as a more traditional winger, in a team that has another focal point of attack, rashford was basically our sole outlet for goals, and thr focal point of our attack.
How many games Rashford has played as a winger this year?

Numbers? You quote transfermarket, not the goals.
Goals? Vincinius plays as a winger.
Goals in competition? VIncinius plays as a winger.

As I said.. Pick and choose, pick and choose.

That's fine, though I think you're massively overrating the degree to which Rashford's contract would impact what Kane asks for relative to the rest of the market. He'll be fully aware of what other clubs pay players and what other clubs would pay him in a year's time on a free transfer too.

But you should be clear on what you're arguing for: a contract offer that would more likely than not see Rashford leave and our plans for the coming couple of seasons massively disrupted. Because the 300k offer you argue for as the max offer from us will be out bid by multiple other clubs, likely including from some within our own league. There's zero point imagining a fantasy world where that isn't the case.

And it should be no surprise that to the club and likely most fans, it's worth paying Rashford that extra amount of money to ensure he isn't playing for a club like PSG or (worse again) Chelsea the season after next, while we struggle to replace him.

I don't think I am. Without de gea being on 375k a week I don't see us paying sancho or varane the same amount. If rashford is turning down 300k a week then he should leave, we can't base our decisions on how psg is run or Chelsea, I don't think we should be copying those clubs

Its not pick and choose, if we signed Harry kane and he was average in the Premier league but great in the Europa and league Cup, I'd be very disappointed with that signing, again I wouldn't have thought it was controversial to say that performances and stats from the Premier league and champions league should be valued far higher than two second rate competitions
Rashford’s tally wasn’t average. He was the 6th top scorer with a better minutes per goal ratio than Salah. Adjust for penalties and only Kane and Haaland outscored him.

How many games Rashford has played as a winger this year?

As I said.. Pick and choose, pick and choose.

Vinicius finished 8th in the last ballon d'or rasgford didn't make the top 30, nor has he ever.

I feel as though people may agree with me that vinicius is a far better player, but I'm sure you'll find a way to say the ballon d'or doesn't count either

Vinicius finished 8th in the last ballon d'or rasgford didn't make the top 30, nor has he ever.

I feel as though people may agree with me that vinicius is a far better player, but I'm sure you'll find a way to say the ballon d'or doesn't count either
Oh another one. :lol:
You just keep proving my point time and time again.

Rashford’s tally wasn’t average. He was the 6th top scorer with a better minutes per goal ratio than Salah. Adjust for penalties and only Kane and Haaland outscored him.

And a worse minute to goal ratio than awoniyi, isak, firmino, foden, Rodriguez, mitrovic, Wilson, toney, kane and haaland while being the main goalscorer for the team that finished 3rd in the league

Oh another one. :lol:
You just keep proving my point time and time again.

Yes those ballon d'or results where rashford doesn't place and vinicius finishes 8th certainly prove something alright

Ah OK, so even though he isn't first choice for his country that's actually a positive for him because he might have done something had he been first choice?

Again rashford has ok stats, but if you look at pl only rather than the europa league and the league cup (two competitions that aren't rated that highly) then they certainly don't look like those of a 375k a week player

England are blessed with a lot of options for the wings but, even so, Southgate deciding not to play Rashford on the left wing against France was one of the great mysteries of that tournament. He gave him 5 minutes and he still nearly rescued them with a free kick which missed by fractions. I think most people regard his failure to play the Rashford-Kane-Saka frontline as a major error.

Yes those ballon d'or results where rashford doesn't place and vinicius finishes 8th certainly prove something alright
Of course. Your agenda.

And a worse minute to goal ratio than awoniyi, isak, firmino, foden, Rodriguez, mitrovic, Wilson, toney, kane and haaland while being the main goalscorer for the team that finished 3rd in the league
We caught another one! Keep it coming.

Of course. Your agenda.

We caught another one!

Stick Up a vincius vs rashford poll in the football forum. It'll probably go about as well as the mbappe and rashford one previously did

Salah should probably be paid less than them too.

England are blessed with a lot of options for the wings but, even so, Southgate deciding not to play Rashford on the left wing against France was one of the great mysteries of that tournament. He gave him 5 minutes and he still nearly rescued them with a free kick which missed by fractions. I think most people regard his failure to play the Rashford-Kane-Sake frontline as a major error.

Maybe, but a guy who's never scored 20 pl goals, who just last sesosn scored 5 in total, who isn't even first choice for his country, is not a 20m a year player ffs

Stick Up a vincius vs rashford poll in the football forum. It'll probably go about as well as the mbappe and rashford one previously did
As I said, saying he's slightly better I'd understand but saying he's miles better and Rashford isnt in top 10 in PL is silly as it gets.
I dont even think many people think Vincinius is a top 5 player in the world. Great prospect sure, but top 5 in the world?
Come of it.
Care to find some other stat to prove your ag.. pardon me.. case.

Salah should probably be paid less than them too.

And if Salah's contract was only based off last season rather than all the seasons before it I'd agree. This increase in Rashford's contract is for one season, no one would have suggested doubling his salary at the start of 21/22, and certainly no one at the start of 22/23. So it is based on one season

And if Salah's contract was only based off last season rather than all the seasons before it I'd agree. This increase in Rashford's contract is for one season, no one would have suggested doubling his salary at the start of 21/22, and certainly no one at the start of 22/23. So it is based on one season
Rashford has averaged almost 30 goals and assists over the last 4 seasons, including the disaster of last year. He’s currently our most important player. It’s not because of one season alone and it’s not solely based on what happens on the pitch.

Sure, contract negotiations go on like that. Look Marcus you had that one season in which you were really good. How about 375k? Oh yes its definitely for one season only, no other aspects both on and of the pitch in there, I'll take it.

As I said, saying he's slightly better I'd understand but saying he's miles better and Rashford isnt in top 10 in PL is silly as it gets.
I dont even think many people think Vincinius is a top 5 player in the world. Great prospect sure, but top 5 in the world?
Come of it.

I think yiu just haven't really watched vinicius, there's Madrid fans that would rather keep him than mbappe. Alongside haaland, mbappe and de bruyne he's in that same group, even someone like kane is probably a bit down from those 4.

I don't think rashford is top 10, he's not a better player than casemiro in our own team, then you've got a couple from Liverpool and more from city you'd probably say are better. If you were basing it only off the last seaosn maybe rashford sneaks into the top 10, but over the last 3 seasons? I don't think he does

I think yiu just haven't really watched vinicius, there's Madrid fans that would rather keep him than mbappe. Alongside haaland, mbappe and de bruyne he's in that same group, even someone like kane is probably a bit down from those 4.

I don't think rashford is top 10, he's not a better player than casemiro in our own team, then you've got a couple from Liverpool and more from city you'd probably say are better. If you were basing it only off the last seaosn maybe rashford sneaks into the top 10, but over the last 3 seasons? I don't think he does
Conveniently you said 3 seasons. Nice touch, goes along with all of your other posts.

Rashford has averaged almost 30 goals and assists over the last 4 seasons, including the disaster of last year. He’s currently our most important player. It’s not because of one season alone and it’s not solely based on what happens on the pitch.

What's he averag3d in the league, not all comps. Because 375k a week is for more than europa and the league cup

Conveniently you said 3 seasons. Nice touch, goes along with all of your other posts.

Fine, 4 seaosns, 5 seasons, 2 seasons whatever, any metric apart from maybe last season, he hasnt been in the top 10 over that time period

Fine, 4 seaosns, 5 seasons, 2 seasons whatever, any metric apart from maybe last season, he hasnt been in the top 10 over that time period
And Vincinius is in top 5 based on how many seasons?

And Vincinius is in top 5 based on how many seasons?

The Last two or 3 probably. Over the last two or 3 rashford barely makes top 20. Vincius is also 22 so expecting him at 18 to be in the top 5 is ridiculous

The Last two or 3 probably. Over the last two or 3 rashford barely makes top 20. Vincius is also 22 so expecting him at 18 to be in the top 5 is ridiculous
Oh poor Rashford, he isnt even in top 20...

I just wondered if you had the same metrics for the 2.

Oh poor Rashford, he isnt even in top 20...

I just wondered if you had the same metrics for the 2.

Well you probably wouldn't judge a 22 year-old and a 25 year old the same. By 25 you'd expect 3 or 4 good seasons, by 22 you'd only really expect one or two. Look at Ronaldo for us, and how it wasn't til he was 22/23 that he really exploded. Sure some players mature earlier but it's not the norm

Well you probably wouldn't judge a 22 year-old and a 25 year old the same. By 25 you'd expect 3 or 4 good seasons, by 22 you'd only really expect one or two. Look at Ronaldo for us, and how it wasn't til he was 22/23 that he really exploded. Sure some players mature earlier but it's not the norm
You were presented with goals Rashford scored till he was 23 previously, which you of course ignored. Just like any other argument which doesnt suit your agenda.

What's he averag3d in the league, not all comps. Because 375k a week is for more than europa and the league cup
You keep saying this but why is a goal against Fulham better than a goal against Barcelona? Why is a goal against Newcastle and Forest worth less because it was in the league cup? He has 5 goals in 6 games against the rest of the top 4 last season. His goals were directly worth 16 points last season without even considering games where he opened the scoring and we won by more than 1.

In Champions League he averages a goal or assist every 116 minutes despite playing for a team nowhere near the elite of that competition.

Where Rashford actually struggles in comparison to his peers is topping up his tally in routs.

You were presented with goals Rashford scored till he was 23 previously, which you of course ignored. Just like any other argument which doesnt suit your agenda.

Its not just goals scored though is it? Otherwise de bruyne would be far down the list as an attacker, vincius played a big part in the team that won the Champions league setting up goals throughout and scoring the winner in the final

You keep saying this but why is a goal against Fulham better than a goal against Barcelona? Why is a goal against Newcastle and Forest worth less because it was in the league cup? He has 5 goals in 6 games against the rest of the top 4 last season. His goals were directly worth 16 points last season without even considering games where he opened the scoring and we won by more than 1.

In Champions League he averages a goal or assist every 116 minutes despite playing for a team nowhere near the elite of that competition.

Where Rashford actually struggles in comparison to his peers is topping up his tally in routs.

It's not that these goals are inherently worth less, it's that he hasn't shown enough in the league, where it really matters to warrant this. The cups are a nice extra, but it's natural to have questions for someone scoring 1 in 1 in the league cup or europa league and 1 in 2 in the premier league

Its not just goals scored though is it? Otherwise de bruyne would be far down the list as an attacker, vincius played a big part in the team that won the Champions league setting up goals throughout and scoring the winner in the final
Of course it isnt. As I said, whenever you're presented with one argument you start with the other one.
Goals, transfermarket, age, Ballon D'Or, goals per minute, competition, pure winger or not, you just choose and go along.
And round and round in circles.
How many PL goals is one winner in CL final worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.