Marcus Rashford confidant thinks some critics are "bullying" him.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Such a baby. Can't wait to be rid of him.

He has no shame. Takes an obscene salary but doesn’t feel he should be held accountable for it.

Another thread for cnuts to pile on again? Let's not...

Lock this shit. Remember when we used to laugh at the media making up shit to sell papers.

very disingenuous journalism

starts off by saying "Marcus Rashford believes"

but if you read the quote it's clearly the opinion of someone else

my rashford doll isn’t used to half time kisses.

Quotes from who? No one will ever know, so it’s just as likely made up as real.
Who indeed. I'll take the quotes at face value because I trust where I sourced them from. There's plenty of these types of articles that never have quotes, this one convinced me because of them.

Who indeed. I'll take the quotes at face value because I trust where I sourced them from. There's plenty of these types of articles that never have quotes, this one convinced me because of them.
What do you mean? You haven’t sourced shit. You’ve pasted quotes that someone else “sourced”.

So last month I created a post about Maguire having great PR as he managed to turn his critic's words into a bullying narrative that eventually got him sympathy and a lower bar of judgement. People in the replies of course disagreed as they fell for the PR move in typical RedCafe style. A few weeks later I saw an article about Rashford struggling at home, and now there is this. There is definitely a PR push from English players to get sympathy when they're getting criticised for being shit. Sancho has tried the same. People in this country are soft.

Marcus, you're probably not gonna read this, but alas. No one hates you personally, we admire the work you did for charity, we admire the player we know you can be, what we don't admire is the Theo Walcott style tactic of playing your arse off for a new contract and then half arsing it once you do. We don't like the lack of work ethic or the seemingly lack of fecks given in body language. Other than that, at your worst you're still twice the player Danny Welbeck ever was.

Discuss his performance in a reasonable and not unhinged way in the performance thread?
Well done to United, good performance in which Rashers played a significant part and looked good.
That said he can't go complaining about critics if this performance turns up 1 in 4 games. He should get his head down focus on consistency and naturally silence the critics

Sky Sports saying its his 1st goal in the Premiership in 189 days, does that include the 2 months over the summer when he wasn't playing any games? If not that's a shocking stat, if it does, its misleading

So last month I created a post about Maguire having great PR as he managed to turn his critic's words into a bullying narrative that eventually got him sympathy and a lower bar of judgement. People in the replies of course disagreed as they fell for the PR move in typical RedCafe style. A few weeks later I saw an article about Rashford struggling at home, and now there is this. There is definitely a PR push from English players to get sympathy when they're getting criticised for being shit. Sancho has tried the same. People in this country are soft.

I agree Marcus has a PR team putting out stuff, but I doubt this article is part of that because it just makes him look like a soft twat

I agree Marcus has a PR team putting out stuff, but I doubt this article is part of that because it just makes him look like a soft twat
That's the point, it's to humanise the player in order to show he's a human too. It worked with Maguire.

Rashford deserves some criticism because he was mostly crap last season but there is definitely a lot of nonsense posted by both the media & our own fans

Saw him getting slated for looking moody in the new kit launch but when you look at the other players they have all quite obviously been told to do that by the photographer

But it's always like that when you play badly, people overanalyze every word, pic etc - Rashford unfortunately seems like someone who reads all the online and media bollocks and lets it affect him, the solution is to ignore all the noise and focus on your game

Glad he got the goal, hopefully it helps him push on

That's the point, it's to humanise the player in order to show he's a human too. It worked with Maguire.

if you read the article it reads like a hit piece with the intention of making marcus look shite

if that's come from his PR team lord help him

Well yeah. He is incredibly harshly treated and gets a lot of nonsense posted about him. Hes right.
If he truly thinks that, the best way to shut all the negative noise up is to score goals. People are being harsh because he hasn’t been performing

Bet he loves positive noise though

Rashford hardly ever gets criticised by commentators and pundits covering the game. Not sure what this “confidant” is referring to.

He has been rightly criticised by fans as he has been quite poor for a long period of time

But you know they aren’t attributing those quotes to Marcus right? So even if you trust the article/source, it’s simply someone’s opinion who isn’t the fecking player.

Rashford hardly ever gets criticised by commentators and pundits covering the game. Not sure what this “confidant” is referring to.

He has been rightly criticised by fans as he has been quite poor for a long period of time

Obviously getting frustrated with him is legitimate, as he's an underperforming senior player who is very highly paid and at times has not done the basics of even contesting the ball, but at times the response to it has been outright toxic and vitriolic. Sadly, like with much of the online fan discourse around the club...

It's crystal clear to anyone that's not his camp that the criticism comes because of the contrast between his pay and performance levels.

If he was paid £150k as a semi regular starter and not advertised as a superstar, he'd get far less stick. But he took the superstar pay packet, and isn't delivering as a superstar. That's the issue.

It would be in the interests of his various hangers on and leeches, in the 'camp', to shut up and let him focus on his game instead of engaging in this constant media war of attrition.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/09/13/man-utd-star-thinks-club-legends-pundits-bullying-21603593/

I saw talk of this in his performance thread and other activities of his during the international window, let's start new threads people.

‘When someone else misplaces a pass it does not get mentioned, but when it is Marcus it’s different. Very different.

I hope our highest paid player is not out here looking at the criticism others don't receive.

The highest earning players will always get the lion share of glory and criticism. Serie A title winner was basically Maradona. Fiorentina were Baggio and then Batigol. So on so forth

If players don't want that level of scrutiny then they should lay low and let others shine (and be paid to do so). It's possible even at clubs like ours. Scholes did that for example