Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
I thought it was an average performance. If it’s followed by a tranche of good performances it’ll be quickly forgotten.

If he strings together 6/7 of these on the spin then big questions will be asked
Yeah that's where I'm at. It was average, not good, not bad, not worth commenting much on and he did pick the right decision and just didn't execute it perfectly but not bad enough to criticize imo. Because it's Rashford though everyone has had enough.

Everyone is extra critical of Rashford because we’ve seen glimpses of what he can be when motivated and confident. He’s capable of 20+ goals and being dominant. But unfortunately he’s also moody, unmotivated, and his play seems to go up and down with his confidence. The range of outcomes he can provide is huge, maybe bigger than any other player in the world. I can’t think of another player that on a good day is Rashfords level but has the ability to be as bad as Rashford on his off days.

I thought he was fine. He looked interested and fought for the ball. Things just aren’t coming off but I feel like he will get one soon and have a big scoring season again. He doesn’t seem to do at all well when things aren’t going well behind the scenes. He literally has everything to play for again, I think he’ll do well under INEOS.

He was okay and mostly played it safe without offering any penetration which is definitely better than the run into a crowd of defenders and pretend to be Ronaldo we've seen in the past. But for me, just okay doesn't deserve 90 minutes. Amad had the much much better first half but went off. ETH seems to find peace in experience regardless of quality.

Nothing to write home about nor give out about for me.

It's positive it wasn't bad. I think the key thing he needs is consistency, even if the level he gave tonight and doesn't go below that for a few games then I think a good run of games can come for him.

Come on Rashy, you can do it!

Absolutely gash performance, he has to do better, alot better, he needs to be benched and brought on as a sub and made to earn starting spot, him starting means he thinks he'll be guaranteed to start week in week out and that has to be removed from his mind totally, that's the only way I see he performs, because if he doesn't he'll not start again.

I think he is a top level LW on his day but his floor is super low like today

He should not be starting games at all. He can't even beat his man anymore. With a manager who picks on merit, it would be Nacho and Amad till further notice.

He atleast appeared to be trying but his dribbling annoys me so much. It nearly always seems like his plan is to run straight into the defender and just hope for a lucky ricochet
It's always been like this "kick and run" dribbling with him. He did pull this of ridiculous number of times 2 years ago, but this requires two things
1. We're counter attacking and there's a lot of space in behind
2. He is lightning fast

Neither seems to be the case at the moment so I really, REALLY don't know where we go now with Rashford.

He didn't have a bad game, he was okayish, but still looks like a passenger in that attacking formation.

Did okay. Played a perfect pass to Garnacho…. Other than that, he had one decent cross, but didn’t do much else.

I thought he was fine. He looked interested and fought for the ball. Things just aren’t coming off but I feel like he will get one soon and have a big scoring season again. He doesn’t seem to do at all well when things aren’t going well behind the scenes. He literally has everything to play for again, I think he’ll do well under INEOS.

Sums up in 1 line where looking interested and fighting for the ball is seen as a revelation.

First half was absolutely fuming with him and praying he was going to get subbed off. Half arsed pressing, nanda generally poor decisions. 2nd half he was better but the delay on that pass made it more difficult than it needed to be but still Garnacho should be finishing that. I was actually shocked he did pass it but that was the right decision as if the pass is right Garnacho should be tapping that in to an empty net.

How he lasted the full game is a mystery. Worst player on United's side.

I'm worried about the message that it sends to everyone else fighting to get into the team when Rashford could probably play like this until April before he's dropped

Did okay, was nice to see a bit of desire in running back to attempt to win the ball back. Needs to do more in the final third with the ball at his feet but I thought he did okay.

Was decent, almost made a chance for Mount as well (not sure he meant it). Having Dalot overlapping him didn't help as they have similar styles of cut back and pass.

That performance last night would have been his best performance of last season.

He was so so bad last year

Last night he was tidy, looked eager and whilst he wasn’t heavily involved with our better attacking moments (last minute aside) it was at least more promising. First game of the season is always tough. Hope he kicks on

That said. Currently I’d still prefer Garnacho and Amad starting.

There’s no excuse for Garnacho missing that chance. Can’t blame Rashford for that

The bias here is crazy. Yes, he sucked last year but today he was our best winger. Worked hard off the ball. Made many runs behind that weren’t picked by his teammates and wasn’t always looking for his shot like last season. If he continues to perform like that the goals and assists will come

He’s reached the Sterling phase of his career. He’s peaked but because he’s only 26 people are slow to acknowledge it by thinking it’s just a dip in form or that he can get back to his old level.

He’s only top 4 starting quality when he’s in form. A standard Rashford performance isn’t that valuable to the team anymore.

The bias here is crazy. Yes, he sucked last year but today he was our best winger. Worked hard off the ball. Made many runs behind that weren’t picked by his teammates and wasn’t always looking for his shot like last season. If he continues to perform like that the goals and assists will come
He was easily our worst winger, and it wasn't close. He really added nothing.

I can't quote for some reason but if Rashford was our worst winger last night, what were Garnacho and Amad who did nothing of note save for a missed chance.one of them should have scored set up well by yes you know

He was easily our worst winger, and it wasn't close. He really added nothing.
I have to agree. Garnacho came on and made an immediate, direct impact (yes he missed a sitter but the pass was crap too) by getting past the full back and getting crosses in

Rashford has issues with decision making and just generally behaving like a top forward. Would you ever see Robben or Ronaldo barely ever try to take players on, and when an attempt is made it usually looks something like just running into them (as we saw today)?

I’m not against keeping him around to see, but he really needs to do better. We need a clinical forward that we can rely on, and who can take a player on.

I have to agree. Garnacho came on and made an immediate, direct impact (yes he missed a sitter but the pass was crap too) by getting past the full back and getting crosses in

Rashford has issues with decision making and just generally behaving like a top forward. Would you ever see Robben or Ronaldo barely ever try to take players on, and when an attempt is made it usually looks something like just running into them (as we saw today)?

I’m not against keeping him around to see, but he really needs to do better. We need a clinical forward that we can rely on, and who can take a player on.
He lacks the ability. As someone wrote he suits counter attacking and he's lost some speed. He doesn't have a lot else.

That’s an absolute lie :lol: We can have an honest conversation about him but if that’s your starting point then I can already tell it’s pointless.

United’s 12th highest scorer of all time (one decent season away from being around the likes of Hughes and Best) in a terrible period for the club. All with one good season apparently.

Anyway, I think I’ll just mute this thread and let people crack on.

'12th' hardly something to shout about is it. And yes he's had only one good season. The rest of the time he's been incredibly inconsistent with one or two good months here and there but generally poor overall. Play anyone half decent as consistently as he's been played on up front and on the wing and they'll score a decent amount of goals. He's played so much and never gets dropped, I'd expect him to be higher than 12th.

Rashford will be the man to cost Ten Hag his job if the manager continues to persist with him. He's simply not good enough and the one good game in 10 that he does have, means there's 9 games where there could have been someone more clinical and more effective in his position.

He's had more than enough chances.

I thought it was a reasonable performance from him, especially compared to a lot of what we saw last year. He was more involved, created a couple of chances that should have been taken, worked a bit harder defensively. Not saying he was great but he wasn't poor either. Looks a little low on confidence still but if he can get a few goals early on then I have confidence in him having a very good season.

I thought it was a reasonable performance from him, especially compared to a lot of what we saw last year. He was more involved, created a couple of chances that should have been taken, worked a bit harder defensively. Not saying he was great but he wasn't poor either. Looks a little low on confidence still but if he can get a few goals early on then I have confidence in him having a very good season.
He was ok last night, like most of the team.

For some reason, an ok performance from Rashford is treated very differently to other players and I find that really strange. If Rashford had missed Garnacho's chance last night, I dread to think of the reaction he'd be getting.

Some of the language used when talking about him is disgusting and this online discourse filters his way into the "real world."

At the inevitable point when Mainoo has a couple of dodgy performances, the same thing will happen with him. Twats like Mark Goldbridge will start saying he's arrogant and things will spiral from there.

Last edited:
He was ok last night, like most of the team.

For some reason, an ok performance from Rashford is treated very differently to other players and I find that really strange. If Rashford had missed Garnacho's chance last night, I dread to think of the reaction he'd be getting.
Maybe that's because he earns 3x as much and despite the mothering that goes on with him, he's actually a 27 year old and not 20. Comparing a player who should be at his peak against a player who just turned 20 shows how much his fans are scraping the barrel now.

In the real world when you ask to be one of the best paid employees at a Company there's an expectation to perform regularly. In any other industry he'd have been fired by now for constantly putting in "ok performances" week after week.

"Decent/ok performance" is so worn out at this point.

I doubt since he's signed that new contract that he's put in a single 90 minute performance that has justified it.

'12th' hardly something to shout about is it. And yes he's had only one good season. The rest of the time he's been incredibly inconsistent with one or two good months here and there but generally poor overall. Play anyone half decent as consistently as he's been played on up front and on the wing and they'll score a decent amount of goals. He's played so much and never gets dropped, I'd expect him to be higher than 12th.
Considering he’s 26, it’s decent. Like I say, one average season and he’s up with the likes of Hughes and Best, so I’m happy to revisit this conversation in 12 months.

His goals per game is similar to Ole, Hughes and Best, who all played in much better teams, so your argument about games played doesn’t stack up.

said this for years, we will never be an elite team while he has a starting role at the club.

The new contract was a joke, not for the amount hes being paid anyway. Thought he was poor again last night, I would have no issues with selling him what so ever

I’m sure Marcus himself would be the first to admit that he was disappointed with his performance last night. His performance was not poor, but it was nowhere near his or our expectation. He still hasn’t gotten off the blocks after a dismal pre-season and after a very poor last season and the frustration of not being selected for the Euros, with good reason.

I’m actually confident we’ll see much better from him in upcoming matches.

I can't quote for some reason but if Rashford was our worst winger last night, what were Garnacho and Amad who did nothing of note save for a missed chance.one of them should have scored set up well by yes you know
Did you miss the first half?

Jesus, it's some reach to blame Rashford for this. He had a good game...

GVIfEiKXcAA6voh

Considering he’s 26, it’s decent. Like I say, one average season and he’s up with the likes of Hughes and Best, so I’m happy to revisit this conversation in 12 months.

His goals per game is similar to Ole, Hughes and Best, who all played in much better teams, so your argument about games played doesn’t stack up.
Excluding pens are the goalscoring records comparable? Hughes was, for long periods, the target man holding up the ball to bring others into play and Ole was a creative force when he played wide right.

Credit to Marcus his crossfield balls have become a useful new feature. I think a sizeable number, if not an absolute majority of posters are legitinately worried, as to whether ETH will have the stomach to consistently bench Rashford if Garnacho maintains his form and Amad steps up. None of the other current players have created such a consistent media tizz and had so many journos willing to be their advocate even when form didn't warrant it. Sancho is on the periphery or, hopefully, will be somewhere else soon.

Its pretty strange seeing people quoting his wages, as if they're the ones paying it himself. The club or the manager doesnt want to get rid of him. He doesnt want to leave. He's paid what they feel he deserves as a player and commercial asset.