Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He's going to keep starting even if he plays terrible. He's lost a yard of pace and it's telling

Played decently well, linked up and worked hard, should’ve had an assist. He can be an important asset to us this season.

Have you posted anything that isn’t about Rashford tonight. It wasn’t on a plate but I’m not sure he could have played it in front of him, the defender was covering his right foot. Reverse the roles and you’d be screwing about the finish.
But then you have to question whether he should have passed in the first place (for the record, I was happy that Rashford was looking to create for once.)

He's going to keep starting even if he plays terrible. He's lost a yard of pace and it's telling
Absolutely, players like Tete catch up with him very quickly these days.

I dont think I've ever see him make a good start to a season. Like a lot of ex-United legends, needs time to get into it. So give him a bit of time.

He's been given time for years and has had one good season in 8. He's the weakest link in the team and there are far better players who should be starting ahead of him.

Dross. Not having Shaw behind him doesn’t help, but he doesn’t look mentally present.

Still doesn’t look right. Not a patch on the Rashford of 2 seasons ago. As others have said, that blistering pace and acceleration seems to have gone as has any sort of composure he once had in front of goal. Only a snap shot but I’m worried.

Must have gotten an assist, if not for Garnacho miss of the year. Rather than that was unimpressive

I think it is another performance that wasn't as bad as some have said, but one that still isn't good enough.

He tracked back well on a few occasions, he still looks most dangerous on the counter with a ball over the top. He looks to have lost a little pace, was quite weak and gave the ball away too easy. He still looks best when he keeps things nice and simple.

I wouldn't start him, but then Amad tonight didn't give a reason not to.

He's been given time for years and has had one good season in 8. He's the weakest link in the team and there are far better players who should be starting ahead of him.
I'm a kangaroo with teenagers braces in my teeth.

See I can lie, too.

Perhaps one gear up for the effort from the last year, doesnt say much. Technically still the same Rashford not the best dribbler without open space and lose touch with bad decision making. I

am not sure why he is not instructed to shoot a bit more from distance, and find those positions.On the wing, hes just not good enough anymore. But playing instinctively cutting inside was always better him. Perhaps our system still really sucks for him to get enough balls in advanced positions and enough space to run into but if this is how we play we need to replace him.

He's as much of a one-trick pony as Antony is at this point, and his one trick rarely works anymore. It's only by sheer luck that his one trick inadvertently put Mount in a great position to score, not that it mattered anyway.

Rashford shouldn't be starting anymore, our best setup out wide is clearly Nacho and Amad.

Thought he did ok, looked a lot more positive and direct, and wasn’t jogging around slowly, Mounts chance came through his direct run so more of the same positivity please!

That’s an absolute lie :lol: We can have an honest conversation about him but if that’s your starting point then I can already tell it’s pointless.

United’s 12th highest scorer of all time (one decent season away from being around the likes of Hughes and Best) in a terrible period for the club. All with one good season apparently.

Anyway, I think I’ll just mute this thread and let people crack on.

I just think he is never going to be that player that people hoped. He just doesn’t have the technique, touch or make the decisions of a top player.

He was exciting because of his pace and power, which now seems compromised too. He isn’t a great who can adapt his game. So I think this is the player he is now, and he is on 300k a week.

Probably biased because the bunch of guys behind me made their displeasure clear every time Rashford did something wrong (which apparently was quite often), but I thought he was pretty poor. He just doesn’t seem to fit with whatever we’re doing. At least when we’re dominating possession. He’s clearly an asset when we’re playing on the break. He plays on the wing but rarely beats his man and his decision making has been lacking for years now. It’s the little things as well. Refusing to compete for loose balls or taking an absolute age to get back onside. If he keeps his place all year with performances like that whilst Garnacho has to compete on his weaker side with Amad I’ll despair.

The reason the poor pass annoyed me was that he had such a good chance to score. In that situation a top striker either uses Garnacho to score himself, or uses his own threat to create a tap in. The fact he managed to do neither was really poor. As I keep saying, Garnacho should have scored but he had to stop running, react to a ball slightly behind him and use his weaker foot. None of those things should have happened. Which is on Rashford.
I guess I'm just being sympathetic with him.. a confident Rashford obviously just shoots, while current Rashford I think was just trying to take the unselfish (and correct) decision by playing the pass. And it was fine enough where for me it's a pass (improvement) on last season... Baby steps.

Played pretty well today, but of course he's getting slagged off on here. Of course he's the lowest rated player (lower than Garnacho, for fecks sake) in the match ratings. Anyone that thinks he played worse than Garnacho today is not worth listening to, quite frankly.

Could've had two assists, not his fault they were missed. Plenty of room for improvement, but he did alright in a game in which few sparkled.

First half where United was really pushing, he did absolutely nothing on the press, giving Fulham an out every time.

Was quite a bit better in the second half and should've had an assist.

First half where United was really pushing, he did absolutely nothing on the press, giving Fulham an out every time.

Was quite a bit better in the second half and should've had an assist.

His pressing was fine in the first half. Did some decent closing down of Leno on a couple of occasions as well - led to one of Bruno’s chances.

Think it was the third game against Liverpool two seasons ago when he grabbed a goal after what had been a disappointing previous year for him and it kicked off what was his best ever season. Just hoping something like that happens again.

Again, his overall workrate was fine, just not really firing yet.

Still think he needs to be sold. He's lost his main asset, his pace and he's just as wasteful with the ball, as he was as a youngster breaking through. The club will have a decision to make on him next summer and I hope it's him being shown the door.

He's lost some pace and he isn't good enough of a dribbler, creator(and/or decision maker) to compensate for it. It's only gonna get downhill from here, I'm afraid.

Another player on big wages who is just going to sit out his contract without contributing much, but that is tradition at United, I suppose.

He’s just not really good enough, at this point.

For my money, Rashford was never one of the elite academy prospects - he was just in the right place at the right time to get an opportunity in the first team, and he took his chance well. Like a better version of Macheda, but not a Greenwood that we had high hopes for and knew was going to be quality.

I'm defending him today. He can still be a bit casual in possession, but overall he was unselfish and dangerous when attacking, and created two chances wd should have scored from.

Frankly, we aren't using him enough. In the first half in particular, there were three separate occasions where he was in acres of space and wasn't found. Frankly, if you want to start him, you need to play balls in behind for him early so he can run at goal; that's where he's best. For that reason, there will be some games that don't suit him, but there was space for him tonight and we didn't make the most of it.

His pressing was fine in the first half. Did some decent closing down of Leno on a couple of occasions as well - led to one of Bruno’s chances.
I thought he was far away from the right sided defender (and not close to anyone else) on quite a few pressing sequences, leaving an option for Fulham to get out off. Might've pressed sometimes but left me frustrated often. It might not be his style but it's off when the entire team commits and he's out of position or not closing down properly.

I thought he was far away from the right sided defender (and not close to anyone else) on quite a few pressing sequences, leaving an option for Fulham to get out off. Might've pressed sometimes but left me frustrated often. It might not be his style but it's off when the entire team commits and he's out of position or not closing down properly.

He seemed to be tasked with switching into the CF position quite a lot - and he can’t be in two places at once. If you’ve got a problem with him not picking up the RB in that scenario, then that’s a question for ETH.

I'm a kangaroo with teenagers braces in my teeth.

See I can lie, too.

Great argument sir. It's not a lie. He had a good season the season before last. The season before that he was dreadful. The seasons up to that point he'd had a good one or two month spell per seasons and been poor the rest of the time, and last season he was the worst he's ever been.

It wasn't a perfect pass but he definitely still did put it on a plate for garnacho, come on... The miss is all on Garnacho.

Garnacho should score 100%.

However, if Rashford's pass has more pace and is into Garnacho's stride, then it's in the back of the net before Leno even attempts to dive. The laboured pass has allowed Leno to dive across and basically put Garnacho off his shot.

At least Rashford squared it. I would have been fuming if he had gone for it himself and not scored.

I thought it was an average performance. If it’s followed by a tranche of good performances it’ll be quickly forgotten.

If he strings together 6/7 of these on the spin then big questions will be asked