Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Started off poorly but grew into our main outlet (when we aren't creating chances from quick transitions high up the pitch) and could have had at least 2 assists to his name if not for some poor finishing. Needs to stay alert defensively especially closer to the end though. Just about a 7/10 IMHO.

How people are laying equal blame on him for Garnacho's shocking miss is disappointing.

It was a poor pass. In that situation he either has to score or put it on a plate for Garnacho. He did neither.

Would much rather see Garnacho on the left and Amad on the right. Maybe bring him on to stretch teams in the last 20 mins. Not sure his ego would allow that but I think that’s his best option right now.

I felt like he ran a lot tonight... by his standards. Which isn't a lot but it's still surprising.
Overall — a standard Rashford performance. I'm still hoping for Garnacho & Amad as a starting pair of our wingers/wide forwards, this version of Rashford suits the role of a substitution more.

Started off poorly but grew into our main attacking outlet (when we aren't creating chances from quick transitions high up the pitch) and could have had at least 2 assists to his name if not for some poor finishing. Needs to stay alert defensively especially closer to the end though. Just about a 7/10 IMHO.

How people are laying equal blame on him for Garnacho's shocking miss is disappointing.
He wouldn't have an assist for a failed dribble that found Mount.

Garnacho's finish was bad but the execution of the pass was also poor.

I dont think I've ever see him make a good start to a season. Like a lot of ex-United legends, needs time to get into it. So give him a bit of time.

It was a poor pass. In that situation he either has to score or put it on a plate for Garnacho. He did neither.

This is nonsense. You can argue he should have taken the shot but he gave Garnacho an open goal 8 yards out - have to expect him to sweep that in 10/10 even on his wrong foot. It’s hardly like the bobbly pass Garnacho gave to him against City which everyone blamed Rashford for missing!

Not a great start to the season. The pass to Garnacho was weak and otherwise didn't create or get himself into positions to finish. But he did run hard.

He did put a good ball in with his left foot that nobody was in the box or getting near. But when he went through and played a less than stellar pass to Garnacho - who still should have scored, but cmon. Take some care with your end product. Frustrating performance

It wasn't a perfect pass but he definitely still did put it on a plate for garnacho, come on... The miss is all on Garnacho.

Better from him, but miles off what's expected in terms of quality from him.

MOTM.. created so much with his world class dribbling and passing. Garnacho should have scored with that pass behind him from Rashford, so poor from him. Constant pressing and running after the ball, always making the right decision, never just ran into opposition defence like last season. Really a different Rashford this.

ETH should never bench him.

What are you basing this on?

Opta, a British sports analytics company and the official provider of Premier League statistics, defines an assist as "The final touch from a teammate, which leads to the recipient of the ball scoring a goal".

Seems pretty clear he would've gotten it.

This is nonsense. You can argue he should have taken the shot but he gave Garnacho an open goal 8 yards out - have to expect him to sweep that in 10/10 even on his wrong foot. It’s hardly like the bobbly pass Garnacho gave to him against City which everyone blamed Rashford for missing!
I think you're generally way too easy on Rashford (can't help but wonder if you might be Henry Winter...) but I pretty much agree with you here - Garnacho needed to score that.

Garnacho should have scored with that pass behind him from Rashford, so poor from him.

This is harsh on Garnacho. You can’t expect players to score into an empty net from 8 yards out.

MOTM.. created so much with his world class dribbling and passing. Garnacho should have scored with that pass behind him from Rashford, so poor from him. Constant pressing and running after the ball, always making the right decision, never just ran into opposition defence like last season. Really a different Rashford this.

ETH should never bench him.
I only caught the last 20 minutes but I suspect this post is either parody or incredibly rose-tinted.

Like I said, he should have either scored or given Garnacho an easy tap in on his stronger foot. An underhit pass behind Garnacho was not a good outcome. Even though Garnacho should have scored.

I agree that the pass could have been better not just the angle but also the unnecessary bobble, but at this level Garnacho should have been finishing that still.

I like that he offered us a lot of thrust down the left especially in the 2nd half when we were under the cosh and that gave us more space in the other areas of the pitch. Maybe my expectations are really low but I'm pleased with the effort and overall attacking threat tonight.

I think you're generally way too easy on Rashford (can't help but wonder if you might be Henry Winter...) but I pretty much agree with you here - Garnacho needed to score that.

The forum is generally too harsh on him, so whilst I have (of course) have had my own concerns about his performances at times, I’m going to very much call out when I don’t feel some of the comments are accurate.

Garnacho should 100% have scored but that doesn’t make Rashford’s pass any less poor. Watch a replay.
Meh. It's not bobbling, it's not behind him, but he does make him stop rather than pass it in stride. It's like a 5 or 6/10 pass, it's enough to do the job but of course should do better, but it's still the right decision and enough for me not to criticize him for it.. they're professional footballers, he should be scoring that and that's all there is to me. Could blame Rashford more if it was behind him more or bobbling but it wasnt

He’s done IMO. Looks slow. I don’t even think he’s not trying now.

He lacks so much skill and technique.
Consistently found space. Set up two excellent chances. Passing was crisp. Effortlessly switched between the LW and CF positions. Great first touch on several occasions to keep us in a strong attacking position. Tracked back well especially when Martinez left himself one on one with Traore. As I said, it was about a 7/10 performance.
2 excellent chances?

Can’t be our poster boy if Tete keeps you quiet. Unacceptable

I thought he played quite well. Was a good outlet for his teammates to ping long balls to him.

Like I said, he should have either scored or given Garnacho an easy tap in on his stronger foot. An underhit pass behind Garnacho was not a good outcome. Even though Garnacho should have scored.

The pass to Nacho’s right foot wasn’t on. The question is whether Rashford would have had more chance of scoring from where he was on his right foot or playing it to Nacho’s left foot for an open goal. I’d say he probably made (just) the right decision and could have been a fraction better with his execution. It’s a 0.7xg chance for Nacho though and you have to score those.

That pass was bad, Garnacho did shit, but Rashford should have made it a lot easier on him.

He’s done IMO. Looks slow. I don’t even think he’s not trying now.
He knows he’s been found out, he knows defenders are comfortable with playing against him and that has made him lost confidence

Shot of confidence. Rashford of two seasons ago puts that chance away. But I thought he was decent tonight. He needs to step up because I feel Diallo and Garnacho will only get better with more games

Have you posted anything that isn’t about Rashford tonight. It wasn’t on a plate but I’m not sure he could have played it in front of him, the defender was covering his right foot. Reverse the roles and you’d be screwing about the finish.

Meh. It's not bobbling, it's not behind him, but he does make him stop rather than pass it in stride. It's like a 5 or 6/10 pass, it's enough to do the job but of course should do better, but it's still the right decision and enough for me not to criticize him for it.. they're professional footballers, he should be scoring that and that's all there is to me. Could blame Rashford more if it was behind him more or bobbling but it wasnt

The reason the poor pass annoyed me was that he had such a good chance to score. In that situation a top striker either uses Garnacho to score himself, or uses his own threat to create a tap in. The fact he managed to do neither was really poor. As I keep saying, Garnacho should have scored but he had to stop running, react to a ball slightly behind him and use his weaker foot. None of those things should have happened. Which is on Rashford.

He knows he’s been found out, he knows defenders are comfortable with playing against him and that has made him lost confidence
He needs a full back overlapping. It’s far too predictable.

The good thing is: I expect very little from him this season, so if he even does remotely well, it'll be a huge surprise.