2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Aston Villa 0:0 Man Utd New
Was lucky to not get sent off. Seems like Ten Hag told him to improve his defensive work after the Porto game and, like a spoilt child, Rashford committed a couple of blatant fouls to show the manager what happens when you tell him to track back. Completely unprofessional. He needs to be dropped.

26 years of age with over 470 senior appearances to his name yet he's one of the most immature players in the squad

Didn’t score today. Clearly Dalot’s fault for not providing enough attacking support.

Didn’t score today. Clearly Dalot’s fault for not providing enough attacking support.

How did our other attackers look? Seemed to me as though we set up to not lose and gave our attackers no support generally? I can only recall Rashford creating anything whilst the rest looked completely hopeless. The reality is that he had a decent game in a team not set up to score.

Was lucky to not get sent off. Seems like Ten Hag told him to improve his defensive work after the Porto game and, like a spoilt child, Rashford committed a couple of blatant fouls to show the manager what happens when you tell him to track back. Completely unprofessional. He needs to be dropped.
Had exactly the same impression.

I think that’s a bit speculative - I just think he’s not very good defending.

How did our other attackers look? Seemed to me as though we set up to not lose and gave our attackers no support generally? I can only recall Rashford creating anything whilst the rest looked completely hopeless. The reality is that he had a decent game in a team not set up to score.
I agree. Just a parody of how our attackers are blamed when we concede.

I actually thought attacking-wise he was the best of a bad bunch in the first half but yeah, that kick out was ridiculous and he was lucky not to be sent off. Also looked moody when subbed. Clearly not happy, again. It's not just EtH though, he's done this before under Ralf during that season.

Was he our best attacker? I don't know. It feels like trying to determine which of the seven dwarves has the hottest ass

I actually thought attacking-wise he was the best of a bad bunch in the first half but yeah, that kick out was ridiculous and he was lucky not to be sent off. Also looked moody when subbed. Clearly not happy, again. It's not just EtH though, he's done this before under Ralf during that season.

Agree with everything you've said.

The two fouls in quick succession are probably why he got subbed. Certainly could have done with him late on when Villa tried going forward a bit more and left more space to run into.

At the same time though you see the sulk. Clearly had his nose put out a joint a bit by Ten Hag's management of him and is clearly not buying whatever the manager's selling. As you point out, not for the first time.

The manager isn't my cup of tea either but its crazy to me how many of our squad seem to give it the big one when most have only won tin pot stuff. They get wages and treatment that the likes of City and Liverpool would laugh at them if they demanded there.

To be fair he had some decent attempts at goal. Not his worst game for us.

You could easily argue that our attackers just mindlessly run up the pitch as soon as they get the ball.

Agree with everything you've said.

The two fouls in quick succession are probably why he got subbed. Certainly could have done with him late on when Villa tried going forward a bit more and left more space to run into.

At the same time though you see the sulk. Clearly had his nose put out a joint a bit by Ten Hag's management of him and is clearly not buying whatever the manager's selling. As you point out, not for the first time.

The manager isn't my cup of tea either but its crazy to me how many of our squad seem to give it the big one when most have only won tin pot stuff. They get wages and treatment that the likes of City and Liverpool would laugh at them if they demanded there.
Well said.

The state of this post.

Our "best" attacker isn't even good enough to be in England's squad.

It tells a lot how much we have fallen

His attitude is just…I don’t even have words for it. Never has a footballer so clearly and obviously fallen out of love with the game. He looks like he’s being forced to play at gun point.

I remember a few years ago when PSG were being linked with a big money move for him and plenty of people were saying we should take the money and run, I thought it was a crazy idea to sell him, boy was I wrong.

Would not be at all surprised if he goes the Lingard/De Gea root once his contact expires.

The idea that you think Rashford deliberately tried to get himself sent off to make a point to Ten Hag is absurd. I've seen some wild takes on the Caf, but this one has to be up there. Absolute madness!
I never said he deliberately tried to get himself sent off. He made two petulant fouls with no attempt to go for the ball on either occasion. It was lazy defending from a sulky footballer.

He needs to be sold. It was unbelievably petulant and he's a waste of space now.

Had to be subbed as he would 100% have been sent off for the next time he got the opportunity.

He's finished here.

He needs to be sold. It was unbelievably petulant and he's a waste of space now.

Had to be subbed as he would 100% have been sent off for the next time he got the opportunity.

He's finished here.
It will be interesting to see how he performs at another club if indeed he does leave. He’s so tied up with the last decade of general mismanagement and underachievement. It’s difficult to predict how he’d perform outside of it.

Decent game?

No idea why you have such a massive hard on for Rashford.

They were all poor. Rashfords best moment was literally two shots straight at Martinez, that's it. Nonentity for the rest of the match until he made two daft tackles within a few minutes and had to be taken off.

No doubt someone will churn out a 20 min highlight reel to stick on YouTube.

His attitude absolutely stinks, has ego of Ronaldo without even 5% of his work ethic, never mind the talent. Get rid, he is poster boy of everything which has gone wrong at this club post Fergie.

I actually thought for once he did the defensive work that he had been lacking. Got tired at the end I think which led to those rash tackles but he vastly improved from his usual effort levels.

Does make you wonder what conversations between he a ETH have been regarding his defensive work and was that why he was pulled on Thursday as today was night and day from what he was doing Thursday. Made a few good runs that weren’t found as well but somewhere we need to find the balance but the team looked much more compact in its shape. Just need to find a way to do that and create opportunities

I actually thought for once he did the defensive work that he had been lacking. Got tired at the end I think which led to those rash tackles but he vastly improved from his usual effort levels.

Does make you wonder what conversations between he a ETH have been regarding his defensive work and was that why he was pulled on Thursday as today was night and day from what he was doing Thursday. Made a few good runs that weren’t found as well but somewhere we need to find the balance but the team looked much more compact in its shape. Just need to find a way to do that and create opportunities

More like he got tired of doing the dirty work and putting the efforts defensively is clearly beneath him.

Was fortunate not to be sent off today, had some moments in attack, defended slightly better.

Should have seen red.

It was the brazen laziness behind the tackle that got me, like he didn't really give a sh!t.

At least EtH doesn't think he's indispensable anymore. I still think he can be part of a successful squad, but not when his usage rate is disproportionate to his effectiveness.

That's a great take. Looked like he wanted to get sent off. F**king spoilt brat.

At least EtH doesn't think he's indispensable anymore. I still think he can be part of a successful squad, but not when his usage rate is disproportionate to his effectiveness.
Let’s see what happens with the new manager.

Only attacker who seemed remotely effective today. Not great, but compared to others, he tried. The bar is that low now.

Tried to defend more today and almost got sent off because he can’t/won’t do it properly. Still, he was our only threat going forward.