2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Mental assessment with all due respect.

Personally I dont give a feck what happens to our players in 2032, we need to be the best we can be now. Garnacho is a certain starter, yes rotate in extreme case but he will start.

In regards to Rashford and Diallo I think it's a very valid question to ask who should start. Rashfords saving grace might be that Garnacho actually is class on the right and Diallo might not be so good on the left (maybe he can be).

Saying Garnacho is worst of all 3 is mental. He needs a bit of polishing but he is a star in the making.

Mental assessment that I don't want the kid overplayed who had close to 100 appearances for Manchester United before turning 20. :lol:

That you say he is behind both Rashford and Diallo? yes mental. You said is not as good as either also. Once again, mental assessment.

He should be behind them right now, because he's 19 and has played too much football last season, whereas for Rashford it shouldn't be a problem at 27 to play 50 games this season, and Amad has barely played first team football and he's 22. Garnacho also went to Copa America in the summer.

And if I look at their potential ceiling, yes, I'd put Garnacho 3rd behind Rashford and Amad. But that doesn't mean I consider him an average player.

Better attitude and work rate. I'd still like to see him work on releasing the ball quicker, taking too many touches and running into trouble could be a problem, particularly when we've got Ruud working with our young strikers.

I think he needs to leave Utd and go somewhere else for a fresh start. He just looks like he isn't happy or enjoying his football.

A journalist recently made a really good point. Because academy/home grown players dont have a transfer fee attached to them,there is a different expectation to their performances. We as fans expect them to have the extra passion, determination and desire to succeed because they came through the ranks of our club.

Sometimes for them,a transfer to another club can reenergize them as they can get complacent and too familiar with their surroundings. At a new club, with a sizeable fee on their heads,they have to prove themselves again to a new fan base.

He should be behind them right now, because he's 19 and has played too much football last season, whereas for Rashford it shouldn't be a problem at 27 and Amad has barely played first team football and he's 22. Garnacho also went to Copa America in the summer.

And if I look at their potential ceiling, yes, I'd put Garnacho 3rd behind Rashford and Amad. But that doesn't mean I consider him an average player.
The argument is who should start in our best XI. How is Diallo ahead of Garnacho?

Rashford has been had one good season( very good to be fair) in the last 3 but to put Garnacho behind both is silly to me. Im sure most would take my side.

Nobody is saying that Garnacho doesnt need some protection ( ala giggs under fergie) but he's clearly a starter, the fact you dispute this is what I took umbrage with.

I can see ETH starting him against Fulham so as not to shatter his confidence but if he doesn't perform and Garnacho does decently that'll be the end of him as a guaranteed starter in the near term.

I just think his hard work during preseason won't go unrewarded.

It's like having a child that is really terrible at football, but you keep encouraging them because you have no other option when they're one of your own.

I can see ETH starting him against Fulham so as not to shatter his confidence but if he doesn't perform and Garnacho does decently that'll be the end of him as a guaranteed starter in the near term.

I just think his hard work during preseason won't go unrewarded.

The only reason why he should start against Fulham is if Garnacho is still not 100% to start a match, otherwise, it's Amad and Garnacho for me on the wings. He should not be rewarded after last year's stinker of a season and all the disciplinary problems. I'm pretty sure Antony also did hard work in the pre-season, but I don't see Ten Hag preserving with him.

The argument is who should start in our best XI. How is Diallo ahead of Garnacho?

Rashford has been had one good season( very good to be fair) in the last 3 but to put Garnacho behind both is silly to me. Im sure most would take my side.

Nobody is saying that Garnacho doesnt need some protection ( ala giggs under fergie) but he's clearly a starter, the fact you dispute this is what I took umbrage with.

I don't care about best XI discourse, to be honest. I don't like the concept of it. I want a good squad where there are different tactical variations and setups, good depth, and no set in stone best XI. It should also heavily depend on the opponent what the best XI is.

With Garnacho, he went from 1205 minutes to 3574 minutes last season. At most I think he should be given the same this season or a bit less, around 2500-3000. It will be a long season and there will be many games for him to start in, no need to overplay him.

The only reason why he should start against Fulham is if Garnacho is still not 100% to start a match, otherwise, it's Amad and Garnacho for me on the wings. He should not be rewarded after last year's stinker of a season and all the disciplinary problems. I'm pretty sure Antony also did hard work in the pre-season, but I don't see Ten Hag preserving with him.
Yup. Starting Garnacho despite him not being match fit would completely shatter Rashford - who's clearly put in a lot of hard work to get ready for the season. Which is my point.

It's a long season and you've got to try to keep everyone onside and contented for when they are needed.

Did he test citys full back once today? Pass inside, pass inside ad nauseum. We are Manchester Utd, not a fecking charity. He has good qualities but he is dusted.
I don't care about best XI discourse, to be honest. I don't like the concept of it. I want a good squad where there are different tactical variations and setups, good depth, and no set in stone best XI. It should also heavily depend on the opponent what the best XI is.

With Garnacho, he went from 1205 minutes to 3574 minutes last season. At most I think he should be given the same this season or a bit less, around 2500-3000. It will be a long season and there will be many games for him to start in, no need to overplay him.
First XI talk is important though because invariably you will find that the more times you put your best team out the more chance you have of winning.
The charm with Garnacho is he is equally effective playing from both sides.

I already adressed the rotation point, my contention was when you said that Garnacho was your 3rd choice.

Did he test citys full back once today? Pass inside, pass inside ad nauseum. We are Manchester Utd, not a fecking charity. He has good qualities but he is dusted.
First XI talk is important though because invariably you will find that the more times you put your best team out the more chance you have of winning.
The charm with Garnacho is he is equally effective playing from both sides.

I already adressed the rotation point, my contention was when you said that Garnacho was your 3rd choice.

Yes, and that alone will get him a lot of game time, so there's no need to worry if he starts the season on the bench anyway. Rashford is lost on the right, and Amad is not ideal on the left.

You can have all the PR bulls*** showing you coming back early and training but in reality you’re just not a good player.

He is now basically 3rd choice winger if we are being realistic. Wish he would just move on.

Garnaco
Amad
Rashford
Antony/Sancho

Im old fashioned I like our best players starting. Far out idea ....man.

I'm happy that we finally have real depth. I want us to make use of it. Amad and Mount basically didn't play last season. Zirkzee is a new signing. Martial basically didn't play either so losing him doesn't impact much. Sancho will also get some game time, if he doesn't get sold. Potentially a huge difference from last season's situation. We could barely put together a decent XI most of the time. This season, if everyone stays injury free, we'll have a hard time keeping everyone happy. Huge difference.

Happens, his overall game was fine and his work rate was very good. He'll gobble these chances up in the next few weeks.

Exactly, people are jumping on him. He will get goals and he will get more opportunities against weaker sides.

We need him back up and running.

From what I've seen of him on the left wing I think his talents are being wasted in this position because:-
1. He is very often unaware of what's going on around him inside the box
2. He tends to run up blind alleys because of (1)
3. I can't remember him crossing regularly with his left foot which is what wingers should do.
When he was producing the goods two years ago his speed was used to get in behind defences from good passes and score.
Maybe I've got the wrong slant on this so would welcome any other views.

Troublesome. Not good enough to start, certainly not ahead of the alternatives, but paid way too much to be second choice. Could become a big issue if he doesn't improve over last season.

Looking like a player who's just going through the motions. No intent or convinction in anything he does. That shot that hit the post, a proper in form player makes a dceent connection with that and scores, it just seemed to hit off him.

Would like to see him turn it around, but if he continues playing like this, there's only one solution.

If Amad and Garnacho keep playing as well as they have, then Rashford doesn't really have a place in the team.

He was fine today, what’s with this thread already? It’s a friendly but I thought he was decent, just really needs to spend some time with Evan after training. Has always been hit and miss as a finisher and he’s at the age it should be clicking.

Thought he was noticeably bad defensively compared to Amad in terms of tucking in and the increased responsibilities we're asking from our wingers in this new system, but he also looked pacy and got in behind a few times, so bit of a mixed bag.

The sign of what’s bad about him and why he can’t start wasn’t the sitter that he missed. It was two or three moves that he completely ruined. If anything scoring the goal from Garnacho assists would have just masked his overall flaws.

1) Maguire made a delightful pass to Rashford on the wing. Rashford completely miss controls it.

2) a great moves released Rashford he runs, turns , spends 5 seconds to long on the ball and wastes a great move.

3) a great move ends with rashford ruining it by trying to do a placed finished. That he simply isn’t good enough it to do.

I think rashford even if he scores, lacks the football IQ to suit the system ETH is trying to play.

The sign of what’s bad about him and why he can’t start wasn’t the sitter that he missed. It was two or three moves that he completely ruined. If anything scoring the goal from Garnacho assists would have just masked his overall flaws.

1) Maguire made a delightful pass to Rashford on the wing. Rashford completely miss controls it.

2) a great moves released Rashford he runs, turns , spends 5 seconds to long on the ball and wastes a great move.

3) a great move ends with rashford ruining it by trying to do a placed finished. That he simply isn’t good enough it to do.

I think rashford even if he scores, lacks the football IQ to suit the system ETH is trying to play.
This.

Credit to ETH he had the cojones to leave an out of form Casimero out for the Cup Final. Rashford shouldn’t be in the starting 11 for Fulham as Amad and Garnacho deserve to start and offer so much more creatively. If ETH spends his time worrying about protecting the confidence of a soon to be 27 year old Utd will remain a champions league alternating team. Fergie made the big calls like discarding Leighton and dropping Beckham or Ruud because he put the team and the club’s well being first. This is a make or break season for ETH and he needs to make the big calls and not worry about the English media reaction.

Spain were the standout team at the Euros in part because they carried such a threat out wide. Yesterday’s game saw some great wide play from Amad, Bobb, Doku, Garnacho and Savinho. Sancho and Rashford have fallen below that level. Would much rather Utd had someone like Lino (dribbling ability and pace) or Adeymi (raw pace and off the charts defensive work rate) in Rashford’s place as they would allow the team to be better balanced thereby allowing other players more space and time on the ball. Amad, Bruno, Casimero and Garnacho played some brilliant attacking football yesterday and not solely on the counter attack. Building upon those players and Kobe, Rasmus and, hopefully, Zirkzee will ensure Utd carry a much greater goal threat than last season whilst having more in game control.

Reactions: Cheimoon
The first chance he missed should have been hit with more conviction, but rather he tried to guide it, instead of wrapping his foot around the ball with a bit more intent.

Yep, Rashford is a local but he has seriously regressed and if the club received a decent offer, they should really take advantage and sell him. His game no longer has any authority and seems like he would rather be elsewhere, he may well need a change to reinvigorate his game, and think how that would impact our spending given he came through our system, seems like a no brainerif someone comes in.

Yep, Rashford is a local but he has seriously regressed and if the club received a decent offer, they should really take advantage and sell him. His game no longer has any authority and seems like he would rather be elsewhere, he may well need a change to reinvigorate his game, and think how that would impact our spending given he came through our system, seems like a no brainerif someone comes in.
The season he hit 25 goals (or something), he was also playing for a new class contract. He got his 300k a week and then dropped off like a stone. Aubumeyang, Sanchez, Ozil and so many others have done the same.

I don't like judging players by numbers only, but Rashford is one of those that don't do much else. Still, the team created chances for him and on another day he scores a couple. I'm not that worried, although I would've preferred if those chances fall to Garnacho at the moment.

I think he needs to leave Utd and go somewhere else for a fresh start. He just looks like he isn't happy or enjoying his football.

A journalist recently made a really good point. Because academy/home grown players dont have a transfer fee attached to them,there is a different expectation to their performances. We as fans expect them to have the extra passion, determination and desire to succeed because they came through the ranks of our club.

Sometimes for them,a transfer to another club can reenergize them as they can get complacent and too familiar with their surroundings. At a new club, with a sizeable fee on their heads,they have to prove themselves again to a new fan base.
No one will pay those wages, the only way to get rid is to wait out his contract.

Suspect Rashford will start against Fulham with Garnacho off the bench again but would love it if EtH played Amad and Garnacho on the wings.
Rashford needs to make an impact and get some confidence back and that might be best coming off the bench for the start of the season when he hopefully will have a better impact than starting.

He's crap. Get rid. Sick of hoping him and Sancho will suddenly flourish. It'll never happen.

Easily the worst finisher in the PL.
He should do nothing at the training ground except practice his finishing.
I haven't seen a player with so many clear chances in front of a goal and unable to finish most of them.
Such a bad player in front of the goal.

Rashford is on his last chance now, for the 24/25 season he has the backing of EtH and Ineos, but he can't have another poor campaign. Pressure is on Marcus!

He has look decent in pre-season and could of scored a brace in the CS. But when you play for United you know after few missed chances you are going to be subjected to the media circus.

Missed glorious chances and created very little again, though his abs are world class. On merit and not PR Garnacho and Amad deserve the start against Fulham.

I came from the era where Luis Nani was regarded as mid and people expect me to accept Marcus Rashford and Antony?

Luis Nani was a very useful player with a great work rate and he used to be the MOST criticised player back then because fans thought he was inconsistent (sometimes he actually was).

Nobody really cared if Nani had confidence issues or not, or if he needed an overlapping full back to perform, or if he was more comfortable as an inside forward and not as a winger.

He used to be the most criticised player despite having decent numbers as a wide player.

In the 2010/11 Premier League season, Luis Nani dropped 28 G/A (from 33 appearances) and he was criticized for being the most inconsistent player in the squad.

Now, fans find like a million excuses for even more inconsistent players. The standards have dropped so much it’s actually sad.

But not surprised considering that the majority of United fans on Social Media have never seen United win the league.

This isn’t a criticism of Rashford, it just shows the time we Unjted fans are enduring. He may have had some off field issues he’s been going through but a professional athlete has only a small number of years at their peak and I’m afraid he’s just going through the motions. A fat contract given by the club may have played a part but ultimately it’s the player that needs to realise the situation and decide whether he wants to realise the immense potential he has. I’m hoping he does because a firing Rashford means United will be firing too.

Spot on.
I can't count the amount of times he gives possession back to the opponent or tries a trick or two and then just passes it backwards or loses it.
People keeps believing that 22/23 Rashford is his real identity but if you divide that season into three equal parts majority of his goals came in the middle third and the most notable thing I have always realised is that when he plays well, none of the other forwards play well because he never really cares to create for anyone else, The 19/20 season was probably the best season he played as a team player because Martial always combined well with him but after that season, Martial was finished and that was it for Rashford as a team player, even in his great 22/23 season until now, all I ever saw was a player who gave the ball away probably more than any other good winger that I can think of, probably has the least amount of crosses accurately delivered or even just delivered, probably takes more shots than any other winger in the league, maybe with the exception of Salah.

You can never win a league title if only one player is scoring all the goals, everyone else has to be involved, but when you have a player that literally only plays for himself and also gives the ball away at a volume more than most wingers in the league, always seems to shoot on sight even though his accuracy is woeful, you're already playing catchup to the city's and Arsenal's of this world.

The most painful thing for me to watch that he does is when we build up the play and then once it reaches him, either the move dies and we have to start all over again or when he gives possession away and we have to start running and trying to press to get the ball back and when we finally get it back and build up again, he gives it away again and the worst part about that is that when he gives it away, he chases like a mad man for about 3-5 seconds then he's done.

Ten Hag is finally building a more technical team and the only players that are left who are not as secure in possession are Rashford, Mctominay, and to a smaller extent, Maguire, Garnacho and Bruno, but I can live with the latter three because at least Bruno and Garnacho are always trying to make something happen and I have always believed that you can always have a maximum of two of these types of players on your team but if you have more than two in the starting line-up, it is a huge detriment to the whole team and keeps you chasing, pressing a lot more because you keep losing possession and obviously getting tired a lot quicker, plus Maguire is now the fourth choice center back so hopefully the less we see of him the better and hopefully Mctominay gets sold.

A friend of mine messaged me yesterday, as he was building his fantasy team. He mentioned he had been following United’s preseason, and that Rashford was looking really sharp. And this from a Liverpool fan. It’s funny how perspectives tend to differ. I tend to agree with him, and have a feeling Rashford will have a decent season. Only time will tell, I guess.