Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Shocking decision dropping him for this. Would perhaps have gotten away with it but after wasting so many chances there's no excuses for Ten Hag
Don’t see it as shocking. He came in and showed nothing that would justified saying that.

No use bringing him on right as we take Zirkzee, Amad and Eriksen off. He isn’t going to create his own chances, a bit like Hojlund he needs service.

Him getting on pretty much killed us. Should only play against lower league teams.

Shocking decision dropping him for this. Would perhaps have gotten away with it but after wasting so many chances there's no excuses for Ten Hag

The only thing shocking was his performance after coming on

We didn't even use him when he came on. Martinez took ages with the ball and Dalot was too busy playing DM, leaving Rashford isolated against two sets of Palace defenders on the half line. Was absolutely infuriating watching them pass around the back without even trying to attack from the left.

Don’t see it as shocking. He came in and showed nothing that would justified saying that.
He came into a limp attack after zz went off, you expected him to the change the game I get it.... ETH gambled and it didnt work

He shouldn't have been dropped based on form, but that was an atrocious sub appearance. He didn't show any hunger and I can't remember a single positive thing from his appearance today.

He came into a limp attack after zz went off, you expected him to the change the game I get it.... ETH gambled and it didnt work
Absolutely expect him to change the game. He is technically our star man and highest earner.

And that sequence when Garnacho had a ball and he offered himself for the ball leaving behind instead of making run. Not sure what was that.

No league one, no fun.

What the hell is going anymore :lol: . We've been wanting a performance like Rashford gave us in midweek for over a year and when he does deliver it he's dropped.

The thing is, the first half was probably the best we've played in terms of dominating a game for a long time so perhaps you could argue the manager got the call right but i can't help but think he's got a much higher goal threat than Amad, who has probably a better overall game.

Wasn't impressed when he came on. I thought we were back on the right track with this guy.

Absolutely expect him to change the game. He is technically our star man and highest earner.
What are you basing that off? Last season? a few games? Or do you just mean highest earner.... such a tired line of argument. Either way the team dipped due to zz going off and unfortunately Rashford di not change the game for us....

Pretty poor sub appearance but it was baffling game to drop him for really.

He did nothing in pre season and first 4 games of the season and yet kept his place, and now the last 2 games he's scoring and suddenly he's benched.

Just very weird management.

As attacking cameos go, that was about as poor as it gets. Did literally nothing positive.
Yeah it didn't look good did it. I don't know whether to feel annoyed at EtH that he didn't start him after his midweek game or frustrated that he didn't exactly do his case for starting the game any good when he did come on.

Yeah it didn't look good did it. I don't know whether to feel annoyed at EtH that he didn't start him after his midweek game or frustrated that he didn't exactly do his case for starting the game any good when he did come on.

I’m also concerned there’s been a falling out over ETH’s comments about him not being professional enough in his private life. That was a very sulky looking performance.

I’m also concerned there’s been a falling out over ETH’s comments about him not being professional enough in his private life. That was a very sulky looking performance.
Was a silly thing to say to be fair. I actually didnt pick up on it at the time or didnt think much of it anyway, only became aware of the narrative forming when people started posting about it here..... in hindsight probably should have stfu. Time an time again he shows that he doesnt have that nous, that emotional intelligence in dealing with all the different personalities like a SAF. We were playing some good shit though so I'm not fussed .... lets get onto the next media cycle

Last edited:
What the hell is going anymore :lol: . We've been wanting a performance like Rashford gave us in midweek for over a year and when he does deliver it he's dropped.

The thing is, the first half was probably the best we've played in terms of dominating a game for a long time so perhaps you could argue the manager got the call right but i can't help but think he's got a much higher goal threat than Amad, who has probably a better overall game.

Wasn't impressed when he came on. I thought we were back on the right track with this guy.
I think he got the call right. We looked more fluid. The first time passes and one touch football you get from Zirkzee, doesn't happen much with Rashford. Combine that with all the offsides that break up the flow.

He's our third best winger based on this season's form and he didn't show anything that would've changed that standing in the minutes that were given to him.

Save him for our next league 1 opposition and then drop him when he scores .
Rubbish when he came on though

Somethings happening with him behind the scenes. ETHs comments highlight this.

When he comes on today he needed to be immense. Chasing every ball. Showing for the ball, getting stuck in.. he ended up jogging about. That’s the issue.

Will struggle to get in over garnacho and amad if he plays like that.

Somethings happening with him behind the scenes. ETHs comments highlight this.

When he comes on today he needed to be immense. Chasing every ball. Showing for the ball, getting stuck in.. he ended up jogging about. That’s the issue.

Will struggle to get in over garnacho and amad if he plays like that.
The thing is he's a better goalscorer than Amad. I really like Amad a lot but i don't see enough goals in the team despite the midweek game scoreline. We've been relying on Rashford to get it together for the past few years now and now it seems we have more drama with our most senior star forward. Whatever may be going on behind the scenes we don't need it. So frustrating!

His attitude is just so bad. Felt like he was deliberately not putting in any effort due to starting on the bench. Lazily jogging and half-hearted pressing. Same as last season, his lack of effort at times seems to be out of spite or just sulking.

Dropping him to the bench should have been no big deal, need to rotate and keep everyone fresh. We have a game midweek where he would be expected to start instead.

I reckon not reading that stuff is a lot easier said than done. It's in our nature to care what people think about us. I think anyone having thousands of things publicly written about them every day (good or bad) is pretty unhealthy.

Yep-I would agree with that sentiment but for most people their social network is relatively small. For Premiership footballers, it's actually very toxic for THEIR mental health to care what a million people may think about them

How are people acting surprised that he played badly when he came on? What have you been watching for the past 2 years?

We know he's streaky - we know he's a confidence player. He was finally showing signs of confidence again after months and months in the doldrums - we scored against Southampton and then the gods blessed us with the perfect game midweek to springboard a nice little run and then our moron of a manager undoes all that good fortune by bursting his bubble at the very first opportunity.

We know he's not a mentality monster. He was never going to come off the bench today and change the game. Maybe if he was 3 months into a brilliant scoring run he might have come on with the bit between his teeth, but after months of shite and criticism - any person with a passing knowledge of football and the player knew his head would drop.

There's no point criticising the lad for it tonight, he isn't going to change who he is at this stage.

Ten Hag on the other hand has a 300k a week forward who scores goals in streaks when he's feeling good, and he has a team that is struggling to score goals. To not make use of the past two games just proves he doesn't understand his players and will never be able to get the best out of them. It's one of the single worst decisions (and there have been plenty of shockers) in his entire time here.

What are you basing that off? Last season? a few games? Or do you just mean highest earner.... such a tired line of argument. Either way the team dipped due to zz going off and unfortunately Rashford di not change the game for us....
What I meant is that expectations are higher for someone with his positions and salary at the club. Whether he deserves that, it’s a different kind of conversation.

Ten Hag basically confirmed that claims of a falling out are ridiculous. It was rotation.

I believe him. Altough it's a bit surprising to rotate Rashford out when he finally hits a bit of form. But we move on.

Agreed that Rashford was disapointing after coming on today. I bet he will start vs Spurs' high line. And then it's on him to perform as it would have been today if he started.

Sigh. One step forward and two steps back with him. Feels like he can only do it against poor sides at this point. That left hand side had been run ragged all game, yet they got a new lease of life when he came on.