Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
First player across to celebrate Garnacho’s goal with a big smile on his face. Not sure when else he should have been smiling - I can just imagine the reaction if he hadn’t looked upset when he missed the two chances.
Thought he looked good today bar the missed chances. Sharp, worked hard. I think it would be no harm if the fan base could give him a few weeks amnesty from the incessant bitching to see how his attitude looks.

No, he needs to take up acting lessons so that armchair experts won't think he's half-arsed.

Thought he looked good today bar the missed chances. Sharp, worked hard. I think it would be no harm if the fan base could give him a few weeks amnesty from the incessant bitching to see how his attitude looks.

I’m not a fan but I agree with this. He already looks better - happier than he did last season. He was doing more than his slight token press and tracking back. I think once he buries one he’ll be grand. He should have scored one of those today. He does look short on confidence. Point to the head celebration… ?

He'll be 2nd choice to Garnacho on the wing. Amad appears to be a better option on the right side so Antony should also be worried. It's going to be another long season with lots of injuries. My fear is we'll have to rely on Rashford to be the main striker far too often.

Hoping him getting up well for the header to McT on the corner he missed the sitter is a sign that he's at least starting from a better place this season. Will disintegrate quickly if he doesn't start putting chances - Garnacho and Amad doing much more to justify their places and we can't afford a slow start to the season

not worth wasting energy critizing him anymore.
He's shit and that is that. Club wants a diva icon and he will stay no matter how shit he is.

Needs one goal and it will all click into place
If I had £1 for every time I read this, I would be a very rich person by now.
And when he scores that "one goal" army of his fanbois will scream from the top of the mountain: "He is so Baaaack!" Only him to do s**t all next 10 games or so.

He should've done better with his two chances, especially with the second one as he had more time to calm himself and take another touch. I think he did well when he kept things simple, but I genuinely expect him to produce nothing most of the time when he tries to dribble at or past players as he has become far too predictable. Wasn't his best game, wasn't his worse but still feel that he is still underwhelming overall.

I'm honestly more hopefully when Garnacho and Amad get on the ball that they will do something more positive.

Still lacks a clinical edge and remains so inconsistent, has always been a confidence player so hopefully he starts off the Premier league season next Friday with a goal.

If ten Hag isn’t careful he will lose his job for sure by playing Rashford and Mount. Neither look very interested on the pitch and both are lacking ability. Not watched Mount a lot at Chelsea but I have watched Rashford since his debut and he looked to be the real deal. Haven’t a clue what has gone wrong but he needs to sort it, and fast.

He should've done better with his two chances, especially with the second one as he had more time to calm himself and take another touch. I think he did well when he kept things simple, but I genuinely expect him to produce nothing most of the time when he tries to dribble at or past players as he has become far too predictable. Wasn't his best game, wasn't his worse but still feel that he is still underwhelming overall.

I'm honestly more hopefully when Garnacho and Amad get on the ball that they will do something more positive.

The first one was the one he should have done better with. Was perfect for that first time curler and he got it all wrong. The second one was tougher as it was bobbling up towards his left foot and he had to hit it first time - will still be disappointed he missed it but not one I’d necessarily expect to be put away this early in the season.

Terrible finishing today. Perhaps you could excuse one golden chance and attribute it to rustiness but not two. Really we’re glorious chances spurned.

Hope we see a Rashford rebirth this season but if we’re going off form, Amad (on the right) and Garnacho (on the left) should be starting over him for the PL opener.

Not clinical in front of goal, but encouraging that he got chances and we had a plan to get him in space. Hope he can kick on properly as we need goals from him.

Should be dropped against Fulham, Garnacho should be on our left for that, Amad on the right.

If manager don't drop him play him through the middle, then take off for Zerk around 75mins mark.

He’s had a full preseason and he looked piss poor…..again. Amad and Garnacho both should start ahead of him in a heartbeat.

I didn't think he was good, but his effort was clearly there. I find that criticism puzzling. Amad should start over him if Garnacho starts.

not worth wasting energy critizing him anymore.
He's shit and that is that. Club wants a diva icon and he will stay no matter how shit he is.

Stupid post, although impressive thing is how many stupid comments can be made in such a short comment.

If I have a choice out of Diallo and Rashford Im choosing Diallo now. Garnacho obviously starts.

Garnacho is 20 years old with 55 PL matches played in the previous two seasons. 87 in all competitions.

He should have a season now IMO where we don't overplay him. It happened to due us being over reliant on him, but that's not the case anymore IMO. He's a great option to start a lot of games, but also to come off the bench in a lot of them.

Rashford is turning 27 and barring injuries, he no problems playing 50 games per seasons at this point in his career.

Amad is 22 and hasn't had a lot of first team football in recent seasons. He's at a point where he needs a season where he starts most of the available games. Garnacho is at a point IMO where for his own sake, he needs a season where he plays a bit less than in the previous one.

If they're all in good form, Garnacho is arguably the worst player of the 3 as well, and I don't say this as an insult to Garnacho. He's a very good player, already experienced for his age and seems to have a good mentality and understanding of football at a young age already. But I don't want us to ruin him by basically playing 40-50 games every season from 18 years old. Could easily lead to physical decline by the time he's 28-30.

What does this mean?
He's from our academy and made it, through climbing the ranks. That's a story you want to sell.
Whatever he "offers" to the club right now I'm sure it's not his performance. Well until someone replace that " status" of him (Garnacho, Mainoo hopefully), Rashford'll play.

His pace and crossfield passes are the positives. His dribbling has become so predictable and his defensive support is half hearted. There was a reason he was the only player booed in the Liverpool game in the States.

If Sancho leaves and is replaced, don’t see Rahford making 20 plus starts in EPL this season unless widespread injuries amongst attackers.

We are actually in a perfect position for him right now. If he performs to his level we have a great player. If he doesn't Garnacho will take his place. It's make or break for him this season. I want him to get back to his best but if he doesn't, so be it.

I didn't think he was good, but his effort was clearly there. I find that criticism puzzling. Amad should start over him if Garnacho starts.

A player who's been consistently poor in competitive games over more than a season has a poor game again and get's criticised. :confused: Personal insults are never ok, but I haven't seen any of that.

If I had £1 for every time I read this, I would be a very rich person by now.
And when he scores that "one goal" army of his fanbois will scream from the top of the mountain: "He is so Baaaack!" Only him to do s**t all next 10 games or so.

What previous poster mentioned is the only accurate narrative with Rashford, if fans forgot he was incredibly wasteful in the beginning of the season he scored 30 goals across all comps. At the time he was playing as the lead striker before Weghorst came in and though Marcus had good movement he wasn't clinical.

Was only when he was coming in from the left and during turnovers the goals started coming in with him being played in behind.

I’ve been as vocal a critic of Rashford as anyone on here and my patience for him is basically gone but people like you losing their shit in here over a pre season game where he was actually decent and then blasting anyone who says such is just so fecking weird.

As long as his effort is there, Ten hag will persist with him but both him and Sancho are on woefully high wages to be justifiably staying here.

He was better than he was for most of last season. Still not good, but at least it was a bit of an improvement. Hopefully it continues.
Yeah agree. He was ok.
However he's gotta hit the target with at least one of the chances.

Finishing was obviously bad (which can happen to anyone tbf) but thought that was encouraging otherwise. Much better intensity.

Garnacho is 20 years old with 55 PL matches played in the previous two seasons. 87 in all competitions.

He should have a season now IMO where we don't overplay him. It happened to due us being over reliant on him, but that's not the case anymore IMO. He's a great option to start a lot of games, but also to come off the bench in a lot of them.

Rashford is turning 27 and barring injuries, he no problems playing 50 games per seasons at this point in his career.

Amad is 22 and hasn't had a lot of first team football in recent seasons. He's at a point where he needs a season where he starts most of the available games. Garnacho is at a point IMO where for his own sake, he needs a season where he plays a bit less than in the previous one.

If they're all in good form, Garnacho is arguably the worst player of the 3 as well, and I don't say this as an insult to Garnacho. He's a very good player, already experienced for his age and seems to have a good mentality and understanding of football at a young age already. But I don't want us to ruin him by basically playing 40-50 games every season from 18 years old. Could easily lead to physical decline by the time he's 28-30.
Mental assessment with all due respect.

Personally I dont give a feck what happens to our players in 2032, we need to be the best we can be now. Garnacho is a certain starter, yes rotate in extreme case but he will start.

In regards to Rashford and Diallo I think it's a very valid question to ask who should start. Rashfords saving grace might be that Garnacho actually is class on the right and Diallo might not be so good on the left (maybe he can be).

Saying Garnacho is worst of all 3 is mental. He needs a bit of polishing but he is a star in the making.