Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
If this guy gets going again we should have a good season. Our "fans" who've been abusing him while he's struggling are a disgrace. If Rashford is good, the team benefits from it. He looked good today, was finally striking the ball the way we all know he can. Once that confidence came in he just looked unstoppable and we need him in that mental state.

I'm not sure if we'll see the explosive version of Rashford again, though we did catch glimpses of it when Amad put him through. That said, I thought his link-up play was strong, even before he scored. I’m glad he got his goal—it clearly boosted his confidence, as he started taking shots and attempting things he might not have done otherwise.

Hopefully, he can build on this performance. A fully in-form Rashford, along with Garnacho and Amad, could really take our attack to the next level.

Good goal. Positionally poor defensively and kept leaving Dalot exposed.

He was showing his quality today. Made good decisions and his link up play was better. Could have had 3 goals and that demonstrates the difference in his performance because he made those chances. Looks like we could see the Rashford from 2 seasons ago.

Do this for the next 10 games and we can start to get excited, until then head down, no complaining about the critics and focus on your game

Very good finish. Decent overall.

Amad played well. Garnacho got his second of the season.

You can be both pleased that he scored and played better and disagree with the inevitable outcome that Amad and Garnacho will continue to fight it out for one position whilst Rashford's name is the first on the team sheet each week for the next 20 games

Good to see him shooting and shooting well again. His hesitation to do so thus far this season was a big concern. Hopefully he goes on a nice little run now to work his way back to his 22/23 self.

We need to see this weekly.

Had a few good moments after the brilliantly taken goal but I still think that in his current form he's an overall net loss for the team. Just... work harder? Surely it's not that hard, no pun intended.

Dalot had a mare individually but the lack of support from Rashford and Eriksen was borderline criminal and should've resulted in a goal or even two (thankfully, Onana had managed to bail us out in both cases). And only one of those players is 32 (feels older) with a fecking ICD — it doesn't excuse him completely but at least it's more understandable.

The lad is a waste of space stealing a living.

Not only does he get to do what millions consider a dream job, but he wins the lottery each month as a bonus.

On top of that he's defended by his own boss and pundits whenever he decides he can't be arsed putting in effort, which is every week.

To add insult to it, the people who pay money for tickets to watch him, also sing and clap for the lazy waster in the hope of motivating him.

Then some pillocks have the nerve to say he's being bullied or treated like shit whenever someone has the audacity to call out the entitled egomaniac for not having the professionalism to do his job properly.

Marcus Rashford is an example of everything wrong with modern day celebrity culture. He's entitled, lazy, overpaid, idolised, and uses social media to brainwash the simpletons who follow him. He wants the fame and the money without the hassle of needing to do the hard work.

Just going to let this hang in the air like the disgusting stinky fart that it is

To me he hasn’t lost his pace at all, some people are confused or got the wrong impression of Rashfords strength. He always hasn’t been great and consistent when dribbling past players with the ball at his feet from a standing position, however when the ball is put in front of him his pace is apparent as per that pass that Amad has put him through today.

Last edited:
To me he hasn’t lost his pace at all, some people are confused or got the wrong impression of Rashfords strength. He always hasn’t been great and consistent when dribbling past player with the ball at his feet from a standing position, however when the ball is put in front of him his pace is apparent as per that pass that Ahmad has put him through today.
He hasn't lost all his pace, he's just lost some of it. And that's the reason why we're never going to see the best version of him ever again.

The difference between scoring or assisting a goal, or beating a defender is often milliseconds and inches, and that bit of pace is the difference. And it messes with a players confidence when he knows he's not as quick as he used to be.

He hasn't lost all his pace, he's just lost some of it. And that's the reason why we're never going to see the best version of him ever again.

The difference between scoring or assisting a goal, or beating a defender is often milliseconds and inches, and that bit of pace is the difference. And it messes with a players confidence when he knows he's not as quick as he used to be.
The reason why his ‘pace’ has looked more apparent from his peak season is largely due to the team setup and him being at the top of his game, his perceived lack of pace has no correlation to his form over the last year or so.

Seemed to liven up straight away after the goal. Hoping it gives him a much needed confidence boost.

Just going to let this hang in the air like the disgusting stinky fart that it is
He was good today but one good performance after 18 months of consistently terrible, and for a large part, lazy performances isn't really a good counter argument there is it?

Big threat today, if he plays like that every game he’ll score more often than not

Top players adjust. Problem for Rashford is his pace really was his biggest asset by a mile

I agree he has lost some pace and that’s a major issue for him. However, I was relieved to see him beat Ugocgukwu in a foot race for his big chance in the second half.

Not the worst of games today. Maybe still doesn’t deserve to start ahead of Garnacho, but deserves playing time, let’s put it this way. Hopefully will improve going forward

Nice goal, and could have scored more, but Ramsdale had a good performance

A bit better today after the goal but I'd still rather see Garnacho and Amad as the first choice wingers over him.

Given he scored that'll automatically mean he'll be staring the next 10 games in Ten Hags mind. But as someone said above, overall Rashford is a net loss for the team. We'd be a far better team without him.

I think I'm starting to sound slightly bitter at this point but I think it's absolutely ridiculous he gets so many more chances that other players. If you play anyone on the wing and never drop them, they'll eventually score or have one half decent game. It doesn't mean they are good enough.

If this guy gets going again we should have a good season. Our "fans" who've been abusing him while he's struggling are a disgrace. If Rashford is good, the team benefits from it. He looked good today, was finally striking the ball the way we all know he can. Once that confidence came in he just looked unstoppable and we need him in that mental state.

It's true as you say, if he's good, the team benefits. Problem is he's almost never good nowadays. So the team is impacted negatively. He got a goal today so likely in your mind he's good again. Now he'll likely go on to have 5 poor games and we'll keep persistent month on month, year on year, hoping he hits from again. Anyone else would have been dropped and sold long ago.

Not the worst of games today. Maybe still doesn’t deserve to start ahead of Garnacho, but deserves playing time, let’s put it this way. Hopefully will improve going forward

Nice goal, and could have scored more, but Ramsdale had a good performance
Agree. Solid game, no major feck ups, pretty lazy defensively but I've come to expect that mostly, quality finish, some good combinations with his teammates.

At this point he is what he is as a player, so it's going to take him consistently producing end product to be valuable. Maybe today will be a nice boost of confidence

Decent performance with a nice goal. Lacking defensive workrate that left Dalot exposed at times. Overall though, he did ok, got his goal and probably should have bagged another when Amad played him. Good, but we all know he can do better. It's up to him to prove it now by going on a consistent run.

Will benefit from having a Zirkzee in the team, a player who can find balls in behind to the wingers is essential for Rashfords game.

When was that?

He seemed sharper today and less afraid to take on his man. I'd start him vs Barnsley in the hope that it triggers a confidence-boosting run of goals in consecutive games.

This is the sort of game I expect from him generally, which is to say a very, very strong goal threat for a winger, very poor defensively and a bit below average in link up/creating for others. Feels like he should be a player with a healthy number of goals and that justifies him being one of our 3 main wingers but probably still below the Gordon line he needs to be England's best LW, which is the level of quality we need here.