Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Standard performance. Needs to be on the bench.

He was rather ineffective today once again. Didn't seem too different from the majority of his performances last season. I would hope Garnacho and Amad start on the wings for the league opener.

One easy chance that he struck unconvincingly with his left foot against the outside of the post and a decent opportunity on his right in the first half that missed by some distance.

Both Amad and Garnacho looked superior at the moment. Be interesting to see if Ten Hag is prepared to bench Rashford early in the season.

Same as always trash performance. But ofcourse he will play every game and ruin our scarce goal chances.

We are making a big mistake having to rely on this guy, he cannot be a starter in this team.

One easy chance that he struck unconvincingly with his left foot against the outside of the post and a decent opportunity on his right in the first half that missed by some distance.

Both Amad and Garnacho looked superior at the moment. Be interesting to see if Ten Hag is prepared to bench Rashford early in the season.

The first chance was as good as the 2nd, had more than enough time to even take a touch.

Strange the hold he seems to have over every manager that comes in, he scores the odd goal but his average performance is poor. Amad and Garnacho on the wings all day , every fan knows this yet somehow come next weekend Rashford will be shoehorned into the team once again.
They seem to keep him for 90 minutes expecting he will make something happen.

Looks poor. Looks very sharp, but just like a poor footballer in terms of quality.

I feel he’ll be very lucky to start by Christmas and will be behind Garnacho and Amad in the pecking order.

Getting in the positions, but can't do much with it. Also did his token tracking back and the completely not bother the next time. Must improve or he's on the bench.

I'm not even surprised anymore. Typical Rashford. He is a burden on this team.

Garnancho and Amad should be keeping him out of the team this season I hope.

I know I'm swimming against the current here but he was good IMO.

The missed chances are frustrating, but too many of you have become so used to Rashford being able to pull off difficult things with ease, that now you subconsciously dismiss them whenever he does them. Great switches of play with those long diagonals today, and he created a goal-scoring opportunity for McTominay when he headed down the ball in front of him after that corner as well. Also, as it always is the case, he's one of the biggest transitional threats in world football.

If ten Hag stops deploying him as a touchline winger and Rashford can go back to being more of an inside forward, where he had his best seasons so far at United, this could easily be another 30 G/A season for him.

Those calling him useless and a clown etc. are the actual clowns themselves. 0 insight into things and just letting out their frustrations because of some missed chances. What you should be focusing on is that he got into 3 good goal-scoring opportunities, plus created one on top of that, against the best team in world football...and then somehow people will laugh at me for saying he is one of the deadliest transitional threats around.

He was terrible today. A little bit of composure in front of goal and the game would have been over in 90 minutes

I know I'm swimming against the current here but he was good IMO.

The missed chances are frustrating, but too many of you have become so used to Rashford being able to pull off difficult things with ease, that now you subconsciously dismiss them whenever he does them. Great switches of play with those long diagonals today, and he created a goal-scoring opportunity for McTominay when he headed down the ball in front of him after that corner as well. Also, as it always is the case, he's one of the biggest transitional threats in world football.

If ten Hag stops deploying him as a touchline winger and Rashford can go back to being more of an inside forward, where he had his best seasons so far at United, this could easily be another 30 G/A season for him.

Those calling him useless and a clown etc. are the actual clowns themselves. 0 insight into things and just letting out their frustrations because of some missed chances. What you should be focusing on is that he got into 3 good goal-scoring opportunities, plus created one on top of that, against the best team in world football...and then somehow people will laugh at me for saying he is one of the deadliest transitional threats around.

Yeah, he looked really good today. Just missed the two chances. I don’t think anyone would complain if that means Garnacho gets the nod ahead of him next week, given how well he took his chance, but Rashford looks ready for a strong season to me.

Why cant he just cheer up? Its so depressing watching him.

Drains the life out of me, always looks like he's playing with a gun held to his head.

Why cant he just cheer up? Its so depressing watching him.

Drains the life out of me, always looks like he's playing with a gun held to his head.

First player across to celebrate Garnacho’s goal with a big smile on his face. Not sure when else he should have been smiling - I can just imagine the reaction if he hadn’t looked upset when he missed the two chances.

We know his all round game isn't good. But if he can't finish anymore either I'm not sure what the point is. Those 2 chances he had today are textbook Rashford goals and he fluffs them.

Ten Hag needs to stop showing favouritism. Bring him off the bench, he's actually had a decent impact as a sub over the years, it's just he's so rarely benched we don't get to see it.

His sorry ass needs to be on the bench. No one is surprised with his performances anymore. He’s a net negative on the team.

Pathetic finishing on those two chances. Really terrible to not even get them on target. But, he's getting into those positions so there's some hope left.

The only poor United player today (could also make an argument for Mount).

He brings nothing to the table that Garnacho and Amad don't. I'd seriously condider picking Antony as the first sub, as he at least beings a lot of grit.

Should have had a goal (maybe even 2) and an assist today. At least he tried and was not the Rashford of last year wherein he was just jogging around with a stinking attitude.
As long as he works hard for the team, he will be fine as he will start knocking these chances in sooner rather than later. Key thing to watch this season is whether he will continue with this good showing or will revert to type.

Thought he looked good today bar the missed chances. Sharp, worked hard. I think it would be no harm if the fan base could give him a few weeks amnesty from the incessant bitching to see how his attitude looks.

He's slowly turning into a younger version of Welbeck, isn't he?

Well, minus the workrate.

Yeah, he looked really good today. Just missed the two chances. I don’t think anyone would complain if that means Garnacho gets the nod ahead of him next week, given how well he took his chance, but Rashford looks ready for a strong season to me.

I don't mind him getting benched a few games into the season if he keeps missing big chances and doesn't contribute as much as he can either. At least we have at least 3 solid options now with Rashford, Garnacho and Amad.

But a lot of people are focused on the wrong things IMO. Use Rashford as an inside forward in a half-decent tactical setup, and he's still the same player that was one of the best wingers in the league in the 22/23, 20/21 and 19/20 seasons. It's not like those teams were title challengers.

Big call for ETH on Friday , should be an easy one, I am a Rashford fan and think there is a very good player in there but his form is still on the ground.

If he starts on Friday it is on name only , and it sets a bad tone in the dressing room.

His finishing was poor but in general I thought he had a good game.

Shocking excuse for a professional footballer.Should be sold at first opportunity.

Can’t do another season watching Rashford, this lad is never going to be consistent enough for united and doesn’t have the mentality to be a Utd player when the chips are down.