View full 2017-18 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rashford is perfect in every sense except finishing, not sure why but the very last decision he makes is always just about lacking in one aspect or another. It can be fixed i think with a player of his quality. Once he refines that he will be out of this world with the pace he has. He makes so intelligent runs that are a delight to watch then come short on a lackluster last decision.

Yo, everyone!! Please appreciate having the two of them at the club. I'd be quite envious if another club had them.

Was frustrated by his constant dribbling into nothing and potshots on goal, but the lad is very young and has huge potential. He will learn from games like this no doubt.

Should have scored. He is missing proper goal scoring chances and it is reaching Welbeck levels. Don't know what is wrong though. It was excellent in his first season. He is getting minutes but missing chances could hurt his confidence. Lucky that Martial is in good form and is able to kill off matches when teams press us. If the opposition manage to score though, Rashford will be under more pressure and this might affect his performances.

Other aspects were pretty good though. His wing play was very good and he took the opposing fullback on many times and put crosses in. Most of our attacking threat was coming from his side.

Rashford has to score at least half of the clear cut chances he is getting inside the box. He has got clear cut chances in all 3 competitive games we have played so far and converted none. That is a very bad return for a striker.
If he does not improve his finishing, I will be worried for his future at the club by the end of the season.

Should have scored. He is missing proper goal scoring chances and it is reaching Welbeck levels. Don't know what is wrong though. It was excellent in his first season. He is getting minutes but missing chances could hurt his confidence. Lucky that Martial is in good form and is able to kill off matches when teams press us. If the opposition manage to score though, Rashford will be under more pressure and this might affect his performances.

Other aspects were pretty good though. His wing play was very good and he took the opposing fullback on many times and put crosses in. Most of our attacking threat was coming from his side.

He's at quite a complex point in his career. During his debut season he had the pressure of trying to prove himself a first team player but he also had freedom because nobody knew what to expect from him. Now he's a fully-fledged first team player he's under more pressure to be clinical and it's forcing him to overthink things rather than finish instinctually the way we all know he can because of his first season. It's also not helping him that he's probably spent more time on the wings in the past year than he has done as a proper striker. His finishing will come good and even if it doesn't we have a very exciting winger on our hands - happy either way.

The Welbeck comparison is reaching a bit far, Rashford's already shown that he's comfortably technically superior to Welbeck.

Rashford has to score at least half of the clear cut chances he is getting inside the box. He has got clear cut chances in all 3 competitive games we have played so far and converted none. That is a very bad return for a striker.
If he does not improve his finishing, I will be worried for his future at the club by the end of the season.
How could you question his position at the club ffs??

He's 19/20 years of age, from Wythenshaw, he's devoted to the club, unbelievable raw talent.
And you're flogging him because he's not the finished article??

I'm sorry but that's horrendous support.

Yo, everyone!! Please appreciate having the two of them at the club. I'd be quite envious if another club had them.
This! Let's enjoy both please. Just have some patience. Rash will learn. Today he got too wound up. With maturity and experience he'll learn how to block out things that have nothing to do with what he has to accomplish on the pitch. Still only 19. Happy to have him and Martial. They both bring their own qualities, and eventually we might get them both starting together.

For the well-being of the team as well as his own sanity and confidence levels, he has to score that chance he messed up in 1st half.

I think it's too soon to place so much responsibility on him because his game is still underdeveloped in many areas. Because if he starts, he should be judged and assessed like everyone else.

One of those days. I really think the booing affected him because it seemed like he was on a mission to score himself so that he could shush the crowd or something. I think he needed to keep it simple at times, rather than make it a one man mission. hopefully he learns from that.

Great thing is, hes not even 20 so he has so much room to improve. and I think he will. Have no issue if hes a sub next game.

One of those days. I really think the booing affected him because it seemed like he was on a mission to score himself so that he could shush the crowd or something. I think he needed to keep it simple at times, rather than make it a one man mission. hopefully he learns from that.

Great thing is, hes not even 20 so he has so much room to improve. and I think he will. Have no issue if hes a sub next game.
With experience and maturity he'll learn to block those things out and not react to it in future. Seems a smart kid so I'm sure someone will point it out to him and he will do better for sure.

With experience and maturity he'll learn to block those things out and not react to it in future. Seems a smart kid so I'm sure someone will point it out to him and he will do better for sure.

defo. I think he needs to look at Ronaldo as an example. The dude lived off people booing him to shut them up, whether it was something simple or something outrageous.

I dont mind rashford using it as motivation, as long as he realises he has a team around him to help.

Scintillating when whizzing forward especially down the wing but he sometimes gets himself in a mess and too often his finishing is poor or worse. Compared with Martial his close control in the box and under pressure is weak.

I think Martial deserves a start (60/70 minutes) next week most likely, although not necessarily, in place of Rashford.

Last edited:
Everything still screams that he's going to be a star. He's a kid, decision making will only improve. But his raw attributes are fantastic.

He's 19/20 years of age, from Wythenshaw, he's devoted to the club, unbelievable raw talent.

I agree he is a massive talent and he is home grown. Then again matches are not won with talent, rather with goals/assists. We are Manchester United and only the best players should start for us.
I think we will sign another world class Winger/SS next season to compete for the Champions League. If Rashford keeps a conversation ratio of 0.2 or 0.3 , I am afraid he is not going to start next seasonand will be a sub player.

I want him to perform well and cement that LW position. Not sure why you think my support is horrendous. Do you think we should keep on starting a LW/SS game after game even if he misses 3 out of 4 chances throughout the season ?

defo. I think he needs to look at Ronaldo as an example. The dude lived off people booing him to shut them up, whether it was something simple or something outrageous.

I dont mind rashford using it as motivation, as long as he realises he has a team around him to help.
This is the key. He will learn though. Seems like someone who is receptive to advice. Ronaldo though is made of unbelievably stern stuff:D not sure Rash or anyone else at the moment can actually reach his heights of mental strength. In any case, Marcus just needs to focus on himself.

He's at quite a complex point in his career. During his debut season he had the pressure of trying to prove himself a first team player but he also had freedom because nobody knew what to expect from him. Now he's a fully-fledged first team player he's under more pressure to be clinical and it's forcing him to overthink things rather than finish instinctually the way we all know he can because of his first season. It's also not helping him that he's probably spent more time on the wings in the past year than he has done as a proper striker. His finishing will come good and even if it doesn't we have a very exciting winger on our hands - happy either way.

The Welbeck comparison is reaching a bit far, Rashford's already shown that he's comfortably technically superior to Welbeck.

Watched Arsenal last week, welbeck's technique is silky-smooth and quicker than Rashford. That's for sure.

End product wasn't very good today but he made smart runs and got into the right positions. I think the booing plus the referee ignoring every foul on him got into his head and hampered his game. Good learning experience though.

Watched Arsenal last week, welbeck's technique is silky-smooth and quicker than Rashford. That's for sure.
Welbeck's a slicker passer but his dribbling is nothing like Rashford's.

Rashford is perfect in every sense except finishing, not sure why but the very last decision he makes is always just about lacking in one aspect or another. It can be fixed i think with a player of his quality. Once he refines that he will be out of this world with the pace he has. He makes so intelligent runs that are a delight to watch then come short on a lackluster last decision.

So a striker that doesn't score. Like Welbeck?

He missed that big chance, but I though he played well. He was our only threat in the first half.

I'd like to see him on the right and Martial on the left next game. Leicester will be more open to the counter and we seem to have found our counter attacking ability again.

I agree he is a massive talent and he is home grown. Then again matches are not won with talent, rather with goals/assists. We are Manchester United and only the best players should start for us.
I think we will sign another world class Winger/SS next season to compete for the Champions League. If Rashford keeps a conversation ratio of 0.2 or 0.3 , I am afraid he is not going to start next seasonand will be a sub player.

I want him to perform well and cement that LW position. Not sure why you think my support is horrendous. Do you think we should keep on starting a LW/SS game after game even if he misses 3 out of 4 chances throughout the season ?
I was questioning the support of the team, when you're questioning Rashford position at the club.

I just found it quite baffling.

Rashford shouldn't be allowed to hinder Martial's development. Martial is clearly the more talented player.

:nono: none of that. Don't turn healthy competition for places into some sort of rivarly. They are teammates, and from everything I've seen over the last year or so, good mates.

I think it was the crowd who got under his skin today, he wanted to shut them up.

Looked to me like the crowd got to him and he wanted to be the one to shush them. He took a couple of bizarre shots from miles out when promising attacks were forming, and just ran into clusters of white shirts.

Ah you're right, I completely forgot about the crowd booing him

Agree with the winger part. Even though he is playing as a winger, I think long term, he will be moved to a striker role by Mourinho. That is why scoring goals for Rashford is kind of important. Missing chances when you are through and have only the keeper to beat is kind of brutal because you know you should have scored and there is no hiding from the fact that you have missed the chance. Feel it really hurts the confidence.

Also, I am not comparing Rashford to Welbeck as a player. Just that the fact that his missed chances are looking like how Welbeck scuffs and misfires. Rashford has shown that his finishing skills are superior to Welbeck, but at the moment it a bit of worry for him. Welbeck is also very good technically, just that he can't score properly.

End product wasn't very good today but he made smart runs and got into the right positions. I think the booing plus the referee ignoring every foul on him got into his head and hampered his game. Good learning experience though.

Welbeck's a slicker passer but his dribbling is nothing like Rashford's.

I kind of disagree, Welbeck is much more skillful, does more technical stuff than Rashford.

Rashford is more reliant on his pace, sometimes his 2nd touch let me down. quicker feet doesn't mean technically better than welbeck. Don't get me wrong I'd rather have Rashford though.

This.

I was questioning the support of the team, when you're questioning Rashford position at the club.

I just found it quite baffling.

I am questioning his minutes per season in 1819 if he keeps on performing like this throughout this season. Then again funny things might happen if he does not improve in 1718, 1819.
He is a good lad and he needs to learn lot of things like - timing of pass/dribble and finishing.

Ah you're right, I completely forgot about the crowd booing him

It was odd, because the crowd were bang up for it for 25-30 minutes, then all of a sudden they piped down. It definitely got to Rashford, especially as he was fouled a couple of times and got nothing. Referee was giving them everything in that period. We started to turn the screw once they piped down, and the referee started to give us free kicks we weren't getting before. Their players seemed to lose a lot of momentum at that point too.

If they kept howling at the referee and jeering everything we did for the full 90, it could have been a different game.

Not too worried about Rashford. I still think he's a good finisher technically, but he's mentally not there yet (although you can argue that a major part of finishing is the psychological aspect). Puts himself under too much pressure.

Great movements overall the pitch but was very selfish today imo and his decisions in front of the goal are shocking. Needs to improve his 1 vs 1 abilities and his finishing. He depends on his speed only to take on players, not skills, and his finishing isn't smart at all.

A great talent but he needs more improvement. His movement again is great and he seems to be covering his whole side especially when he's playing with a slow back as Blind but he should improve himself a lot in the front third of the pitch either he continues as a winger or switched again to a striker both his 1 vs 1 and finishing must improve a lot.

I am questioning his minutes per season in 1819 if he keeps on performing like this throughout this season. Then again funny things might happen if he does not improve in 1718, 1819.
He is a good lad and he needs to learn lot of things like - timing of pass/dribble and finishing.
You've lost me there sorry.

You guys should start watching football properly and stop with the youtube highlights and believing the media hype

2341882.jpg
2341982.jpg

You're saying that Neymar or Suarez conversion rate wouldn't be enough, nevermind what you would think of CR7 and his 51 goals with a Conversion ratio of 0.18, below what you're asking from a guy that's not even in his 20's

Don't think he's a very intelligent or skillful footballer. Decision making is dodgy most times. His strongest attributes are his finishing and pace, both which he isn't making very good use of right now

Don't think he's a very intelligent or skillful footballer. Decision making is dodgy most times. His strongest attributes are his finishing and pace, both which he isn't making very good use of right now

Intelligent - is off the ball movement is great; decision making with the ball not so much
Skillful- what game were you watching? he turns, ball manipulation and trickery are there for all to see.

He'll end up being around 6 foot 3, he'll be powerful - he's already pacey, skillful and plays with great intensity- at 19 the world is at his feet.

Danny Welbeck in disguise when it comes to finishing. He also holds on to the ball for too long and runs down blind alleys when there are players in far better positions that he could pass to. It's very frustrating as he is a great talent but that lack of final ball and finishing may be what prevents him from being a top top player if it doesn't improve.

Are you sure you've been watching Rashford? His finishing is his weakest attribute. Everything else he is pretty good at.

His decision making needs to improve and he shouldn't be starting ahead of Martial anymore, but he's got all the right attributes, he just needs some more maturity to go with it.

You guys should start watching football properly and stop with the youtube highlights and believing the media hype

2341882.jpg
2341982.jpg

You're saying that Neymar or Suarez conversion rate wouldn't be enough, nevermind what you would think of CR7 and his 51 goals with a Conversion ratio of 0.18, below what you're asking from a guy that's not even in his 20's

How have these stats been complied? I suspect they have simply given the ratio of goals to shots taken. Don't think that is a fair representation of someone's finishing.

All he really needs to do is be more clinical with his finishing and his decision making.

These are things that can and likely will be learned.

You can't teach blistering pace or instinctive, intelligent movement like he has.

Big talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.