Cristiano Ronaldo | Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It's not the most sensible economic move, but I'd love to see him back. I would absolutely love it. It won't happen though.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He might also be peeved at that young French Striker Madrid keep getting linked too. Someone with his ego, you never know. Sadly it probably is all about £££ and so what can we do about that? It's come out of nowhere seemingly. That said where is there for Ronaldo to go? He could win more trophies but maybe he's realized he's not longer the young shiny toy. He could be having a mid life crisis at 32 :) He should return to United and not even consider a club like PSG. Not being biased obviously. He also of course talked about the crowds and not being happy with the booing etc. He has a point. Of all the players to boo, never boo Ronaldo. The Brazilian or the mid life crisis one.

Utdstar01

32 or not he's better than anything we have and will be probably for another 3 years. It'd take our whole transfer budget to get him here though which I'd choose to spend elsewhere.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A week ago(before the new about the taxes)As and some another newspapers wrote that Madrid would receive a big offer,so maybe he/the club already knew it before was published or maybe it's simply a coincidence.
He can be angry since Florentino ordered his friends in the press to separate Madrid and Cristiano when writing about taxes :lol:

Mr.Plow

No way should we be going anywhere near this.

The guy's been a brilliant player but he's 32 now and must be on the decline. Plus he's got this tax case hanging over him (although he'll end up getting a fine and a suspended sentence, as Messi has).

Even at his age he'd cost £60m in today's market, so if we bought him we'd have allowed Real to have him for his peak years for a net fee of £20m. I know we've done a lot of daft things recently but this would be the ultimate cock-up.

Let PSG or one of the other plastic clubs take him. We're better off concentrating on young, up-and-coming players who could one day emulate Ronaldo. The ship has sailed on the real thing.
Hasn't Ibra shown this season that world class players who look after themselves can play well into their 30s?

He'd instantly become the best player in the league by some distance but you'd prefer us to focus on youth? Crazy talk. Also, he's going to cost a hell of a lot more than £60 million.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I can see what is going to happen a mile off. Ed will get excited, pull out of the Morota deal and go after Ronaldo. Morota will go elsewhere, and Ronaldo will get his pay rise while we are left scratching our fecking heads and wiping our tears. feck off.

It probably ins't a pay rise he's after considering he has a contract until 2021, but he most likely knows he was lose his 14m tax fraud case and is angling at Madrid paying it.

TehRed

Come on Woody. Bring him back home. He can still offer a lot to us.

There's been a thread floating around recently about whether or not we have any players that the opposition fear. They would fear Ronaldo.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How much would anybody pay for a 32 year old, it'll be an incredible short-term signing, but it's not without risk for the price he'll likely fetch. £80m?
This 32 year old guarantees you more than 40 goals a season. That's 80 goals in two seasons, worst case scenario. Take a look around at how many strikers could score more than 80 in three seasons..

Woodzy

If Ed's eyes were lit up by this then I assume we could find a way to get this done without massively affecting the transfer budget?

Could sponsors help out it is such an arrangement just a football myth?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
What is better value? 180m for a 32 year old Ronaldo or 100m for Lukaku?
Ronaldo for me. Lukaku could go a similar way to Rooney. I think Ronaldo will go a similar route to Zlatan.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A week ago(before the new about the taxes)As and some another newspapers wrote that Madrid would receive a big offer,so maybe he/the club already knew it before was published or maybe it's simply a coincidence.
He can be angry since Florentino ordered his friends in the press to separate Madrid and Cristiano when writing about taxes :lol:
That's my feeling.
Barca got a lot of heat for the Neymar and Messi cases.
Flo won't want any of that and that might have ticked off Ronaldo.
This is an overreaction that will be sorted after one phone call.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What is better value? 180m for a 32 year old Ronaldo or 100m for Lukaku?
If you get 2 years of cris, it's a no brainer. All that difference in money, you make up with image rights and trophies

Adisa

:lol: Some people in this thread already allowing themselves to dream.
This is not happening!

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I can see what is going to happen a mile off. Ed will get excited, pull out of the Morota deal and go after Ronaldo. Morota will go elsewhere, and Ronaldo will get his pay rise while we are left scratching our fecking heads and wiping our tears. feck off.

It probably ins't a pay rise he's after considering he has a contract until 2021, but he most likely knows he was lose his 14m tax fraud case and is angling at Madrid paying it.
That's OK. I read yesterday we are linked to Talisca and wiki tells me that he can play as forward too.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Signing him doesn't make any financial sense whatsoever.
Sign him and win PL/CL double. You've already made money out of the deal, on top of trophies

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
How much would anybody pay for a 32 year old, it'll be an incredible short-term signing, but it's not without risk for the price he'll likely fetch. £80m?
Double that, then add your wife. If your ok with that, we're on.

Take one for the team.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool

The reporter is a senior marca editor (english) and obviously other reports by A bola.
LOL. Madrid will communicate to him that he´ll get a prison sentence, if he leaves and a fine, if he stays.

idmanager

There is no need to worry about the financial aspect of it. We will recover everything just by jersey sales if we sign him. It would be like the biggest return of all time and you just know that it will break all sort of jersey sales records by miles.

I am not saying that there is any chance of it happening, but if Madrid ask 150 million, I would just throw it at them and sign Ronaldo. He will age brilliant and can play till 40 easily if he avoids major injuries. And by major, I mean leg breaks etc. Recovery 150 million spent on Ronaldo is much more easier than recovering 60 million spent on any other player in the world for United..

Last edited:

MuFc_1992

He has a tax case pending and the article says he's angry at being used as an example.
The only way he believes that is if he's been living under a rock these past few years.
Imo, this is a veiled threat to get the club on his side and be prepared to compensate him if he loses anything.
The club has him locked down to a 4 yr contract and it would look terrible if they are seen to be compensating him for evading taxes. I know Ronaldo is throwing a tantrum but the tax case has nothing to do with the club so, there's nothing he can achieve by getting the club on his side.

Adisa

"He's pissed off because it's not a player issue, it's a club one in the fiscal sense, but I do not want to talk about this too much because I know a lot."
Like I suspected, he feels the tax issue is the club fault as it concerns his image rights.
The man simply wants to be paid.

Home&Away

When he leaves he will be back at sporting Lisbon IMO. The guy has always had a plan and I don't see him changing it now. Probably will stay at Madrid for a year or 2 before heading to portugal.

anurag

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."
fecking transfer windows

AgentP

If this was true, I wonder how much Madrid will ask for him :D. They want 90m euros for a bench player so Ronaldo will cost more than double of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.