FA Premier League

Manchester United vs Brentford

Old Trafford

Kick-off
Sat, 19 October 2024 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Not Yet Started

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Its quite worrying that we still have Ten Hag in charge for this against a Brentford side that scored more goals in its last match than we have in the league all season.

Onana
    Lindelof Evans Di Ligt Martinez

Or

Onana
    Lindelof Evans de Ligt Dalot

We should give Amass a chance, especially in a game like this. Balance is really important.

I bet we don't though.

I am not looking forward to this game. Stuck on 8 points with a view to fall even more behind the top 4 race with Chelsea looking decent again, Villa riding the waves, Liverpool, City and Arsenal competing for top 3 and Spurs and Newcastle, we'll doing much better than us. Also add Brighton to the last two.

The guy needs to go, I'm dumbfounded that he is still here given if we lose, being 17th is a real possibility and being 5 points behind Brentford after 8 games. It really shows what a silly manager and 600m can give you, nothing.

Erik said before the international break, “one day it will click” and I sure believe him.

Manchester United 9 - 0 Brentford

(Hojlund x8, Evans)

Easy peasy sneezy prediction

Onana
    LindelofDe LigtMartinez
    DalotEriksenMainooAntony
    Amad
    HojlundZirkzee

With subs Rashford, Garnacho and Bruno.

0-0

Onana
    LindelofDe LigtMartinez
    DalotEriksenMainooAntony
    Amad
    HojlundZirkzee

0-0
    I really hate seeing us play with three at the back, but I really want to see Zirkzee with Hojlund so I'd be for this.

I don't think it should be one or the other (right now anyway). Zirkzee as a 10 with Hojlund as our 9 could bring out the best in both. Unfortunately, I don't think this will be the game we try them together so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Onana
    LindelofDe LigtMartinez
    DalotEriksenMainooAntony
    Amad
    HojlundZirkzee

0-0
    I've never seen someone posted a line up in a table before... what is this? I don't understand, is it modern?

Onana
    LindelofDe LigtMartinez
    DalotEriksenMainooAntony
    Amad
    HojlundZirkzee

0-0
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

The 0-0 prediction is hilarious because that is exactly what would happen if we really put out this line-up.

We'd never score again.

I've never seen someone posted a line up in a table before... what is this? I don't understand, is it modern?

It's based on LVG's football by numbers, the players are not allowed to move out of their square and they're only allowed to pass to a square that is beside their square.

I've seen a few Brentford games this season and they look like they could be a big problem for us if they show up. We should obviously be beating them given the players we have, but Frank has them playing in a way that would give us nightmares. Hopefully they have an off day and Rashford or Bruno can pull something out of the bag to get us through it.

I wonder if there is a result that gets him sacked? That's what I want for this game
    We have continued last seasons form and are sitting at 14th place with a GD of -3. And the guys in suits are fine with it as far we can tell.
    It is hard to see a result that gets him the sack here. Pointless.

Hope we can snatch the win somehow. 1-0 on a dodgy penalty then just hang on for dear life.

Can't help but think we'd be a lot better to watch and a lot better side if their manager was our manager.

............................Hojlund..........................
    Rashford..........................................Amad
    .............................Bruno............................
    ............Casemiro..........Eriksen.................
    Licha..................................................Dalot
    .................Evans..........de Ligt...................
    .............................Onana............................

Could see this being one of those matches where Casemiro puts one in off a set piece and then we give up an equalizer late.

Erik said before the international break, “one day it will click” and I sure believe him.

Manchester United 9 - 0 Brentford

(Hojlund x8, Evans)
    he also said they are all on the same page - problem is it appears to be the wrong page. Possibly the wrong book

Brentford is a weird team. Allowed 2 goals to City and Liverpool but 3 to Spurs and Wolves and they don't have 1 clean sheet in the league. So you'd assume we should be able to score but in reality we likely won't. It will be another match where we have chances that should have been goals that we fluff and we'll be their first clean sheet.

Lose this one and we could be in 15th place after the weekend.
    It’s a long, slow climb back up of that position, like walking in treacle.

Win and it’s up to 10th or 11th at best, but we stay in touch and will only be a few points behind the teams just outside the top 5.

Brentford have got plenty of goals in them.
    We’re the complete opposite.

I don't know,
    Wanted to try it,
    as it seemed a nice way to keep it organized.

Top view.

Positives from a 0-0 victory: Managed to keep the mighty Mbeumo at bay.
    "I think it's the fifth clean sheet this season eh. You see we had a very good organisation and togetherness. There was good character and good spirit as a team eh. Determined, resilient.

"We almost didn't concede a chance, when you defend like this and get some luck, in the end they had a big chance but it was almost the only chance I think eh.

"We created some chances, also not so many chances. We hit the crossbar and also <insert any player> had chances. But the two teams were really balanced eh."

Let's score loads of goals and try to only concede from one kick off. 4-1, loads of fun, start a run, here we come.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brentford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Man Utd 2:1 Brentford
  • 13% Man Utd 1:1 Brentford
  • 11% Man Utd 2:0 Brentford
  • 10% Man Utd 1:2 Brentford
  • 9% Man Utd 0:2 Brentford
  • 7% Man Utd 1:0 Brentford
  • 4% Man Utd 0:0 Brentford
  • 4% Man Utd 3:0 Brentford
  • 3% Man Utd 3:1 Brentford
  • 3% Man Utd 0:3 Brentford
  • 3% Man Utd 2:2 Brentford
  • 3% Man Utd 1:3 Brentford
  • 2% Man Utd 3:2 Brentford
  • 2% Man Utd 4:1 Brentford
  • 2% Man Utd 5:0 Brentford
  • 1% Man Utd 6:2 Brentford
  • 1% Man Utd 9:0 Brentford
  • 1% Man Utd 0:1 Brentford
  • 1% Man Utd 1:4 Brentford
  • 1% Man Utd 4:0 Brentford
  • 1% Man Utd 2:3 Brentford
Compiled from 118 predictions.
Show more results Score Predictions League Table

Your Lineup Prediction

Closes tomorrow
Lineup prediction

Can you read the manager's mind and predict the starting XI and substitutes?