Manchester United | Injury Watch 2024/25

AnotherLondonManc

Given the relative crisis we suffered last season, and the terrific start we've made in preseason to continue it, this thread will monitor all of the injuries we get over the season.

If people want this to be an ongoing discussion, I'll try and keep the OP updated with all of the fair weather players picking up paychecks to sit at home playing fortnite (or whatever the kids are into these days)

PlayerInjuryStart dateReturn dateTotal time out
Tyrell MalaciaKnee18th July 2023
Rasmus HojlundHamstring28th July 2024
Lenny YoroFoot 28th July 2024
Victor LindelofFoot4th August 2024
Luke ShawCalf13th August 2024
Mason MountHamstring28th August 2024

Cracking start. A record 45 injuries last season to beat. Can we do better this time around?

Last edited:
Rashford and Antony should be fine before the 16th, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

United confirm Luke Shaw will miss the opening GAMES of the Premier League season with a calf injury sustained at the start of pre-season training.

Luke Shaw will miss the start of the Premier League season after suffering yet another injury.

The left-back, who has not played for United since February and whose only start in the last six months came in the final of Euro 2024, sustained a calf problem in training.

He will sit out the Premier League opener against Fulham, the trip to Brighton and the home march against Liverpool. He is also unlikely to be available for Lee Carsley’s first games in charge of England, when they face Republic of Ireland and Greece in the September international break.

Add Shaw to the list. Looks like it’s gonna be another cracker of a season.

Hardly surprising news, but now that we have confirmation, let's add him to the table.

If we're going to beat last season's record of 45 injuries, Shaw will surely play a huge part

If you put an * surely you have to put another one to explain what the * means :lol:
I knew what it meant, so naturally I assumed everyone else would.

It signified that this was the date the injury was reported, but there was no confirmation when the injury actually occurred.

I now realise that this is a pointless specification. It's gone

Bit worrying that Malacia is injured for an infinite duration

I knew what it meant, so naturally I assumed everyone else would.

It signified that this was the date the injury was reported, but there was no confirmation when the injury actually occurred.

I now realise that this is a pointless specification. It's gone
:lol: Yeah I knew exactly what you meant, just used to using asterix's as a key of sorts, so always seems weird when there isn't a matching symbol.

Basically I was being a twat.

We got mugged on the Mount deal. At least unless Mount somehow miraculously goes back to being a non injury prone player.

Well he lasted half a game more than last year at least.

Without meaning to be harsh on Mount who I feel sorry for, this is the sort of thing that tends to happen when you sign players other teams who aren't really any better than you, don't want anymore.

2 games in how are we looking

Shaw
Hojlund
Mount

Long term malacia ongoing

We're incredibly consistent where injuries are concerned. Impressive stuff

Can we sign new fitness coaches finally? Third hamstring injury this season. And it is still August.
It is either Erik's bad training routine or awful fitness staff.

Unique soft tissue injuries in the last year (more or less, at least according to transfermakrt):

Mount: August 2023 Hamstring, November 2023 Calf, August 2024 Hamstring
Shaw: August 2023 Muscle, February 2024 Muscle
Maguire: December 2023 Groin, May 2024 Muscle
Lindelöf: December 2023 Groin, March 2024 Hamstring
Evans: November 2023 Hamstring, April 2024 Muscle
Casemiro: October 2023 Hamstring
Hojlund: November 2023 Hamstring, February 2023 Muscle, August 2024 Hamstring
Martinez: April 2024 Calf

16 significant muscle injuries in a year across 8 players. No way is this the typical rate of muscle injuries anywhere else.

Hm, just saw a pattern.
Last season Mount, Hojlund and Shaw were first 3 players with injuries.

Scrape that; Mainoo and Amad were injured before them (in pre-season).

Unique soft tissue injuries in the last year (more or less, at least according to transfermakrt):

Mount: August 2023 Hamstring, November 2023 Calf, August 2024 Hamstring
Shaw: August 2023 Muscle, February 2024 Muscle
Maguire: December 2023 Groin, May 2024 Muscle
Lindelöf: December 2023 Groin, March 2024 Hamstring
Evans: November 2023 Hamstring, April 2024 Muscle
Casemiro: October 2023 Hamstring
Hojlund: November 2023 Hamstring, February 2023 Muscle, August 2024 Hamstring
Martinez: April 2024 Calf

16 significant muscle injuries in a year across 8 players. No way is this the typical rate of muscle injuries anywhere else.
Of course it is not normal. And when Ineos took over there were reports how they will investigate those injuries.

Everybody works with or knows somebody who never seems to be around when you need them or when the going gets tough. I can't shake the feeling that Mount is one of these types of people. Can just imagine his injury turning from 'a few weeks' to 'a few months'. Next thing you know, it's April and we're easing him back in.

So 5 injuries 2 games into the season….not looking great

Yoro
Rasmus
Shaw
Lindelof
Mount

Theres something wrong with the way we prepare and train for matches.

It cannot possibly be coincidence anymore.

We got mugged on the Mount deal. At least unless Mount somehow miraculously goes back to being a non injury prone player.
The injuries are not what classifies this transfer as mugged. Oh well, someone needed to carry the Phil Jones torch.

I have fun watching United matches in the last decade even if we were rather shit. But it is when we can atleast put a functioning team. But the constant injury crisis leading to a patchwork team is just no fun to watch at all. All our injuries are in defence/central attacking positions and we are just 1-2 injuries away from again sucking any joy of watching united matches.

I think we the squad we have, if the coaches and the medical staff can manage the team in a way where players who's replacement/competition are injured, then they should be protected, for example, Shaw and Malacia are injured so Dalot and Mazraoui should be given more space to recover from matches and training, but if all are fit, like our wingers (Rashford, Antony, Garnacho and Amad) then it should be ok to train at full intensity.

Maybe this is already happening but our luck is such that entire group that play in one position are injured (now both LBs are injured and last season we had all our defensive line injured and only Dalot was fit).

Will there be a time this season that we have the full squad fit for a match? Can’t see it happening.

I hope it's mostly precautionary subs. Mazraoui and Martinez so integral

There is something wrong with the entire set up.

How the actual feck do so many players get injured in the same match.

Don't tell me its just coincidence. It can't be by now.