Maguire | he stays!

Mike Smalling

Damn, £20m is pretty decent for a 30 year old back-up on huge money. I would have taken it and moved on.

VWW

Why would a West Ham fan sign up to a Man Utd forum? Genuinely curious.
thats a ridiculous question. I'm all fine with fans from other teams coming here as long as their respectful otherwise this place would just be an echo chamber.

Castia

30m and id accept

Varane, Martinez, Lindelof, Shaw can cover CB this season

He will spend all season on the bench and be worth 10m next summer

Swedish_Plumber

Swallow our pride and sell. We overpaid and he’s not played like a player worth more than 20 million for a long time. His wages are massive too and that’ll influence the fee.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Problem with the bolded is

1. Anything under 27M actually negatively impacts FFP which will make it harder to close other deals
2. We will still need a 4th CB and if we sell Maguire low we won't have any budget to do that
3. We will perpetuate the image of United as a club that buys high and sells low and can be mugged off in transfers
Selling Elanga, Henderson and Fred (same with McTominay) will give the club a significant profit (as all these player have zero or very low book value) so they should be able to take a small hit this summer.

Holters

Really want him gone. Another Ole mistake...
You can blame Ole for what you want, but let's be fair. The signing of Maguire had very little to do with Ole. United tried getting him under Mourinho, but failed get the deal over the line and went back in for him in the next window under Ole. Mourinho has even admitted that we cried out for a defender like Maguire, but we didn't manage to land him.

People have such selective memory.

Pass and Move

30m and id accept

Varane, Martinez, Lindelof, Shaw can cover CB this season

He will spend all season on the bench and be worth 10m next summer
If we can retain McTominay as a makeshift 4th choice CB then the Maguire price & wages could go towards a new DM. In which case I’d take around £25m

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
thats a ridiculous question. I'm all fine with fans from other teams coming here as long as their respectful otherwise this place would just be an echo chamber.
Who said i wasn't fine with it? And sorry if my genuine curiosity seems ridiculous to you..

nainaisson

Whether I care whether we get rid of him depends on who we plan to replace him with. Pavard might be good enough to actually challenge for a place, but from what I've read about Disasi, I doubt he's so good that he'll bench Varane and Lindelof and lead us to Champions League glory. So it's entirely irrelevant whether we sell our third choice right-sided centre-back to West Ham if we replace him with someone who will just take his place on the bench.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We are taking a huge risk there. I agree that 20 mil for Harry Maguire is too low. BUT if he stays then we are stuck with very expensive backup player whos value will drop further.

Robertd0803

20 million is clearly West Ham having a laugh.

Genuinely though it must be yet another blow to Maguires mental wellbeing that a club that really want to sign him value him as such.

croadyman

Whether I care whether we get rid of him depends on who we plan to replace him with. Pavard might be good enough to actually challenge for a place, but from what I've read about Disasi, I doubt he's so good that he'll bench Varane and Lindelof and lead us to Champions League glory. So it's entirely irrelevant whether we sell our third choice right-sided centre-back to West Ham if we replace him with someone who will just take his place on the bench.
Pavard definitely good enough to challenge for place but are we looking for that is the question

IrishRedDevil

We wanted £70m for Maguire and McT.

Seems we are asking £40-45m for McT.

£25m should do it for Maguire.

Means we still get £70m for both, just more of it coming from McT.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Terrible offer. We'll get fleeced for a replacement, which we do need despite many thinking we can get away with 3 CBs.

croadyman

We wanted £70m for Maguire and McT.

Seems we are asking £40-45m for McT.

£25m should do it for Maguire.

Means we still get £70m for both, just more of it coming from McT.
Mental valuation for McTominay and no one not even Saudis would pay that money

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
30m is fair. If we get that for him we should accept.
West Ham know our situation. They know that we want to get rid (i presume), that he is 5th choice and that we need money. Also, don't forget that his contract is a problem too in this case.
20 mil seems logical bid by them. Yes, Maguire's market value is higher but not in this circumstances.

I hope that we will not regret this.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
'Offer worth £20m'. That's like maybe a £5m fee and the rest is his wages for the contract, isn't it?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Terrible offer. We'll get fleeced for a replacement, which we do need despite many thinking we can get away with 3 CBs.
Varane, Lindelof, Licha, Shaw.

Don't think we need to go out and spend decent money on a CB. Bring in a youngster from somewhere if we must.

Faetheshire86

I hope this is a negotiating tactic. If we can get somewhere close to £30m for him, it gives us most of the money to go after a young Varane back-up. Someone on less wages, higher potential and possibly even an upgrade on current ability given how unsuited he is to the style we are trying to play.

I understand we still have a lot of business to do with the season approaching quickly, also there are FFP implications, but his value is only decreasing from here. We need to show a bit of foresight in this situation

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
I think 20 is about as high as wst ham can go this season. We've got a fair few holes that need to be filled and I suspect our budget isn't much north of the 100m we got from Rice, which in this market doesn't seem to stretch hugely far.

I think there are a couple alternatives that we are exploring inthat 15-20m bracket as well and the wages would be a massive problem. Its also in a position we have relative strength in, though I think Moyes wants him to open up the option of a 3 at the back.

i also still got a sneaky feeling there may end up being a loan deal with an obligation to buy, removes the book value issue Man Utd has (have to sell above 25m) and pushes any fee for Maguire into next year which helps west Ham on an ffp basis.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
The cost of keeping Maguire for another 12 months is somewhere in the region of £25m (book value+wages)

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We need some accounting. They give us 30 mil for Maguire and can have McT for 5 mil cheaper instead.

Stadjer

I would only want to go with that 4 if we were keeping Alvaro Fernandez with the squad this year. Malacia is ok but we lose a lot when Shaw is not out wide and I think Alvaro can replace some of that with his attacking instincts.
Dalot can cover both left and right

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Because he is English he wont lose value as some deadwood especially to the lower PL.

id ask for 40 & accept 35+add ons. He is a good player at the wrong club at the wrong strength.