Liverpool are a mess

Interesting game yesterday. Liverpool well on top for a good period in the first half, then cut through like ribbons in other parts.
Quite lucky to play Chelsea before they really get going I think. And a draw at their place is never a bad result.

Liverpool are in trouble. I said it before, they’ll outscore most of the league except maybe City. They’ll also concede on a bottom half level. The lack of control of possession yesterday was very obvious. It was defend, then get it up to attackers, no possession, no control. Salah was excellent in the first half.
If I’m Liverpool the world knows we can afford 111 million for a midfielder. I’m going to Spain/ Italy and I’m targeting the best defensive midfielders in the league. There’s nothing left for them in England.

Their midfield structure was a complete mess, would be like Man. United lining up tonight with Eriksen-Fernandes-Mount as the middle trio (in that order) so of course out of possession that's always going to be found wanting.

Not sure what Klopp was thinking given someone like Curtis Jones did o.k end of last season and their results picked up yet he chose to play Gakpo ahead of him.

I'm amazed they haven't gone for Joao Palhinha.

Seems the sort of low key picked up that served them very well in the mid 2010s (Wijnaldum etc) and he'd probably be in the 40m bracket.

Perhaps his passing dosen't come up to scratch but I would say in terms of profile he'd be a very solid replacement for Fabiano.

Just going after all these players who'll reject them to move to Chelsea really isn't a good look at all.

£70m has already been circulated for him.

£70m has already been circulated for him.

Oh right, pretty sure West Ham were looking to sign him for about 40m circa but then he got injured and they moved on to Edson Alvarez and finally got Ward Prowse deal done so used up the budget for that area now.

Fulham would accept less than 70m I'm sure.

Why is Caicedo rejecting Liverpool for Chelsea? Liverpool are a much more stable club, having a better manager and have a position open that could make it his for the next decade. Something to do with wages?

Why is Caicedo rejecting Liverpool for Chelsea? Liverpool are a much more stable club, having a better manager and have a position open that could make it his for the next decade. Something to do with wages?
Apparently according to talksport (last night) his hero is Kante who he modelled his game on and wants to emulate him. I reckon it’s wages

Well let them prove it then cause all I saw was another game Chelsea didn’t win against another poor side.
Football doesn’t reset to default setting every summer
Wait until your side play Chelsea or Liverpool. Both team are low in confidence and coming off an off season. You better be prepared or your are getting another 7-0.

Is Salah seemingly disgruntled him wanting away/ begining of the end?

He's not happy anymore now that all his mates have fecked off. Definitely cursing the day he signed that extension.

Apparently according to talksport (last night) his hero is Kante who he modelled his game on and wants to emulate him. I reckon it’s wages
Shit wages.

Plus London. It's a big draw for international players.

We'll soon see Newcastle (even after getting established as a top-4 club) having to fork out absurd wages to convince players to join them rather than Chelsea and Arsenal.

Easy commute to Cobham aswell from where he's based in Brighton.

Thought his hero was Valencia as the Times did a piece on him a few days ago and he was telling everyone in Ecuador he'd play for Man. United one day.

Liverpool are in trouble. I said it before, they’ll outscore most of the league except maybe City. They’ll also concede on a bottom half level. The lack of control of possession yesterday was very obvious. It was defend, then get it up to attackers, no possession, no control. Salah was excellent in the first half.
If I’m Liverpool the world knows we can afford 111 million for a midfielder. I’m going to Spain/ Italy and I’m targeting the best defensive midfielders in the league. There’s nothing left for them in England.
This aged well

Lavia fee agreed :lol:

This ages well

Lavia fee agreed :lol:
I don’t think Lavia is the answer this season. I still predict they’ll concede bucket loads. It’s also going to take a while to gel a complete midfield. 3 complete new players. I still think they need to use the rest of that 111 million to get someone else in.

Oh right, pretty sure West Ham were looking to sign him for about 40m circa but then he got injured and they moved on to Edson Alvarez and finally got Ward Prowse deal done so used up the budget for that area now.

Fulham would accept less than 70m I'm sure.

West Ham actually backed off because Fulham were quoting them £80m to basically scare them away.

If you're getting paid a few hundred thousands per week for eight years, that's a pretty good deal.

The London pull is absolutely massive. Especially for a player already based in the south, if not even in London already.

I don’t understand why they’ve prioritised attack and attacking midfielders as much as they have. The Sbozo fellow can’t be more important than the engine room. McAllister isn’t a true CM either - he’s more of a 10 who drops in and hasn’t got great physicality.
It sounds a bit like current United side, with the difference that we have Casemiro. Which is why everybody feared Liverpool getting Caicedo, as this basically puts them at least on our level.

Surely they get Lavia and will not stay that far behind.

I don't think even United have fecked up a pursuit for a player/position more than Liverpool have with getting a DM. The Moyes/Woodward Fellaini transfer probably tops it but don't think we've ever made this much of a mess of a situation.

Plus London. It's a big draw for international players.

We'll soon see Newcastle (even after getting established as a top-4 club) having to fork out absurd wages to convince players to join them rather than Chelsea and Arsenal.
I would say the fact he’s been offered an 8 year contract on a hefty pay rise is the biggest factor.

The London pull is absolutely massive. Especially for a player already based in the south, if not even in London already.

It is really baffling, because the majority of London is a shit hole. The areas that footballers and celebrities live in is barely even London anyway.

. The areas that footballers and celebrities live in is barely even London anyway.
There are countless brilliant areas of London within inner London boroughs. I’d say more than any other city I’ve seen, that’s the amazing thing about London. Blackheath is 10 mins from London Bridge and would be nicer than any village in Merseyside, as you say especially for someone with such money.

Amazing how this is being overlooked :lol:
Surprised so many are focusing on London being the main factor. Yes it does play a part but getting a ridiculously large contract which has you set nicely for 8/9 years is the biggest factor for sure. Liverpool would have maximum been offering 5 year with an option for 1 extra. Chelsea probably offering a lot more too.

Surprised so many are focusing on London being the main factor. Yes it does play a part but getting a ridiculously large contract which has you set nicely for 8/9 years is the biggest factor for sure. Liverpool would have maximum been offering 5 year with an option for 1 extra. Chelsea probably offering a lot more too.
His family is set for life when he signs this deal.

Don't overlook the fact that Boehly and his team and Chelsea will have been talking to Caceido for weeks, if not months. They will have outlined their vision, where the player fits with that, making him feel important and assuring him that he would be their first choice transfer over the summer. Both probably gave each other verbal assurances that each other were first choice.

Liverpool seem to have come in late, and Klopp never got the chance to speak to the player by all accounts. They worked on getting the bid acceptable to Brighton first without thinking the player would actually have the biggest say in the deal.

Honestly, I believe its similar to why Arsenal were able to get Rice over Man City this summer. In a normal straight race a player picks City over Arsenal every day of the week.

Wait until your side play Chelsea or Liverpool. Both team are low in confidence and coming off an off season. You better be prepared or your are getting another 7-0.
You’ve got it backwards though. It’s Chelsea who we should wait and see on. We’ve already waited and saw for the past 18 months. A good 35 minutes at home v a poor Liverpool side that they didn’t even win doesn’t prove a thing.
I’d rather lose one game 7-0 than finish 12th or wherever the feck they finished

I'm amazed they haven't gone for Joao Palhinha.

Seems the sort of low key picked up that served them very well in the mid 2010s (Wijnaldum etc) and he'd probably be in the 40m bracket.

Perhaps his passing dosen't come up to scratch but I would say in terms of profile he'd be a very solid replacement for Fabiano.

Just going after all these players who'll reject them to move to Chelsea really isn't a good look at all.

They’ve been through 3 sporting directors in the last 2 years or something crazy apparently

Literally no one did that.

Amazing how this is being overlooked :lol:

His family is set for life when he signs this deal.

All this 8-year-contract-celebration would make sense if he was around 25 and because these additional 3 years of certainty make a big difference when you're 30 or so. The dude is 21. If he got a 5 year contract he'd be in the absolute prime of his career at its end. If he has any confidence that he'd live up to his potential, he'd also know that he could get another big contract at that age at most top teams.

The higher wages I understand. Maybe you all know him personally or something, but it's not so obvious to me that if Chelsea came in with a 5 year contract and Liverpool came in with 8 years at the same wages, he'd have jumped ship immediately.