Leon Goretzka

Didn't he join, suddenly gain a shitload of muscle and become amazing before losing all that muscle plus his hair started thinning? Bit dodgy.

I'm surprised Bayern gave him £300k a week. Thought they were meant to be well run.
Common misconception. Hoeneß has been managing the club in a horrible way ever since we were crazy enough to let him back in, after he went to prison. And his huge signings in Kahn and Salihamidzic were a complete disaster. The money they handed to the likes of Gnabry, Goretzka, De Ligt, Hernandez, Coman and others was completely insane.
The new leadership looks much better. However, as long as Hoeneß has anything to say at the club, everything could go downhill again with a single interview of his.

Didn't he join, suddenly gain a shitload of muscle and become amazing before losing all that muscle plus his hair started thinning? Bit dodgy.

Not when he joined but I think it was over lockdown

2k1o3lcx3eh51.jpg

Common misconception. Hoeneß has been managing the club in a horrible way ever since we were crazy enough to let him back in, after he went to prison. And his huge signings in Kahn and Salihamidzic were a complete disaster. The money they handed to the likes of Gnabry, Goretzka, De Ligt, Hernandez, Coman and others was completely insane.
The new leadership looks much better. However, as long as Hoeneß has anything to say at the club, everything could go downhill again with a single interview of his.

Thanks for the explanation.

Thanks for the explanation.
The thing that can’t be emphasised enough is how much the club is still being lead by Hoeneß. The man is still the most important figure at the club, hovering above anyone else, despite basically only having a representative position with us. And he leads the club as if he owns it. And that’s becoming more and more of an issue, as he’s getting older and his grip on reality slowly and steadily fades away.
I don’t think many people outside of Germany understand how influential this one person is at our club. And it’s a sad state of affairs. Even those last few months, with Eberl taking over, he already made life difficult for him and almost sabotaged his work.

He gained the muscle during covid lockdown when he hired a fitness coach and they spend insane amounts of hours working out (doing nothing else)
Pretty reasonable that he didn´t maintain that after covid lockdown was over. I think he would be still amazing for many clubs. Questionable is if someone wants to pay his wages.

What on earth? The biggest club in Germany is lead by a convict? HAHAHAHAHAHA....

No thanks. We're slowly reaching the point where we can really long-term fix our midfield once Casemiro and Eriksen leave. We don't need to clutter it with more shite profiles.

As with anything, it depends on the price. If he is inexpensive, I like the idea of going with him and then going younger in the summer. Gives time for Mainoo/Colleyer + new signings to develop without the pressure of being great immediately.

If he’s able to return to the form of a few years ago, I’m all for this signing. He really is the complete midfielder: industrious, good passer, a physical beast and defensively astute.

We absolutely need a new midfielder, arguably two, heading into next season. Casemiro has to go, Eriksen too and that leaves us with just Mainoo and Ugarte.

I’ve never personally subscribed to the view of many that Mainoo should be an automatic starter. He’s still a kid and we’ve seen this go both ways for huge prospects in the past. Ultimately, it’s immense pressure to place on him as an undisputed starter and he needs protection.

If the likes of City (with Foden) and Madrid (with their army of youngsters), can manage their minutes effectively and develop them well then we should absolutely do the same with Mainoo. With youngsters, if their form drops, they deserve to come out of the firing line but we can’t afford Mainoo that luxury… went off on a slight tangent there.

As with anything, it depends on the price. If he is inexpensive, I like the idea of going with him and then going younger in the summer. Gives time for Mainoo/Colleyer + new signings to develop without the pressure of being great immediately.
Completely agree with this. We don’t want to completely burn out Mainoo so early on.

If he’s able to return to the form of a few years ago, I’m all for this signing. He really is the complete midfielder: industrious, good passer, a physical beast and defensively astute.

We absolutely need a new midfielder, arguably two, heading into next season. Casemiro has to go, Eriksen too and that leaves us with just Mainoo and Ugarte.

I’ve never personally subscribed to the view of many that Mainoo should be an automatic starter. He’s still a kid and we’ve seen this go both ways for huge prospects in the past. Ultimately, it’s immense pressure to place on him as an undisputed starter and he needs protection.

If the likes of City (with Foden) and Madrid (with their army of youngsters), can manage their minutes effectively and develop them well then we should absolutely do the same with Mainoo. With youngsters, if their form drops, they deserve to come out of the firing line but we can’t afford Mainoo that luxury… went off on a slight tangent there.

Well INEOS generally only look at older players if they are in last year of contract or free agents. I see he extended his deal to 2026 earlier in the summer

Last edited:

You miss the player who started it all, Sane. he was the first player (other than Neuer, Lewa and Muller I think) to be given a 300k+ contract after he was signed and, after that, all the other players mentioned deserved it as well.

But yea, Bayern always had a reputation of not spending too much on their players but it seemed to go out of hand the last couple of years. It's sad that the players reputation have been damaged through this fiasco, all very good players who've served Bayern very well but are being hounded out of the club by the management and fans.

Regarding Goretzka, I loved him as a player but he's really lost a few yards in the last couple of years because of injury. He doesn't have the same dynanism that defined his playstyle before and was playing mostly as a deep anchor last season, this season he's even played as a CB. Wouldn't want him here because he won't be able to play as a box-to-box and, if played as an anchor, he'll struggle with the pace of the league like Casemiro as.

Last edited:
He is going to be 30 in Feb. He is on high wages. He has had quite a few muscle related injury issues over the years. Another player from Bayern. What can go wrong?

Goretzka was integral to everything Bayern won in the last years. When he was fit and in form, Bayern were great, when he was not, they were shit. The guy is a complete midfielder and would be an amazing addition.

What on earth? The biggest club in Germany is lead by a convict? HAHAHAHAHAHA....

You'll be amazed that a convict has a strong chance to being elected president of the most powerful nation on earth in a couple of months time.