League One & League Two 2024/25

Am I alone in thinking Mullin just tried to bite him then? :lol:

Backed out, but what a camera angle that was... maybe saving him from a ban, I dunno, clearly wanted to do it though. Wild.

Birmingham playing Wrexham of the park! Domination
They've spent an absolute fortune. The striker who has scored two tonight was signed for a fee reported at £12+ on transfer deadline day. And a few others reportedly cost about £3-£4m this summer.

Wrexham have big name owners and all that, and were paying very good wages for NL and League Two standards - but they really haven't spent a large amount in transfer fees by league one standards. When they signed Ollie Rathbone late in the window, it said it broke the club record which was only £300,000. Whereas Birmingham really have spent huge sums. They should dominate the league.

Last edited:
They've spent an absolute fortune. The striker who has scored two tonight was signed for a fee reported at £12+ on transfer deadline day. And a few others reportedly cost about £3-£4m this summer.

Wrexham have big name owners and all that, and were paying very good wages for NL and League Two standards - but they really haven't spent a large amount in transfer fees by league one standards. When they signed Ollie Rathbone late in the window, it said it broke the club record which was only £300,000. Whereas Birmingham really have spent huge sums. They should dominate the league.
True. But if we’re going of money being spent determining a team dominating leagues then us and Chelsea would be top 4 every year.

Jay Stansfield signing alone guaranteed them promotion.

I get he loved his loan spell there but I find it bizarre he dropped down two divisions. Start of the season he was coming on for Fulham v you and he'd have probably got some starts in the prem given Raul Jimenez started as CF at the weekend. He's also in the England under 21 squad.

Blues are still likely 3-4 years off seriously challenging for a prem place so he's giving up that length of time to play prem football when he had it this season, find that really odd mentality.

Jay Stansfield signing alone guaranteed them promotion.

I get he loved his loan spell there but I find it bizarre he dropped down two divisions. Start of the season he was coming on for Fulham v you and he'd have probably got some starts in the prem given Raul Jimenez started as CF at the weekend. He's also in the England under 21 squad.

Blues are still likely 3-4 years off seriously challenging for a prem place so he's giving up that length of time to play prem football when he had it this season, find that really odd mentality.
Better pay and you get to play all the time and be the star man. He's young enough to where it probably is better in the long run for him. A very understandable decision for a pro footballer. Birmingham will also probably get back to back promotions with their level of investment.