Lamine Yamal | Das Wunderkind

They don’t need money at all after the impending Nike deal and after the completion of Espai Barca.

And they would never sell Yamal regardless.
ah, barcelona. forever spending money that might come in future.

Today was the first time I've actually seen him be a bit selfish and make poor choices in attack and he still ends the match with a wonderful goal and what should have been an assist for Lewa.

True. I'm pretty sure he wanted to break the record which makes sense honestly.

Probably his worst game of the season in terms of decision making, and he still contributed with a goal and an assist for Lewa if he buried that chance.

My biggest fear, which I've reiterated before is his injury susceptibility.

He's tall, 6ft at the age of 17 so by the time he's finished growing we're looking at around 6ft 1 potentially. With his acceleration, dribbling style and constant moving about, twisting/turning, those knee's are going to take a beating as his centre of gravity is quite high. .

And at his age, knee's are very very fragile.

Ronaldo was/is taller and dribbled and accelerated much more and has gone on to play a silly amount of games. Lamine will need to look after himself if he wants a similar career and get lucky with injuries.

Ronaldo was/is taller and dribbled and accelerated much more and has gone on to play a silly amount of games. Lamine will need to look after himself if he wants a similar career and get lucky with injuries.

Ronaldo played nowhere near as many minutes as Yamal did at 17

Ronaldo was in his 3rd professional season as a footballer before he reached the 4000 minutes Yamal has played - not to mention 1/3rd of it was in a much chiller, relaxed league.

People aren't aware just how much football Yamal has played - 4000 minutes at 17 years old 4 months is absolutely insane.

Messi had Xavi Iniesta and other world class seniors around him. Ronaldo also had that at United.

Would be interesting to see what happens to Yamal, in this much more social media driven age with no proper mentors to protect him.

Ronaldo played nowhere near as many minutes as Yamal did at 17

Ronaldo was in his 3rd professional season as a footballer before he reached the 4000 minutes Yamal has played - not to mention 1/3rd of it was in a much chiller, relaxed league.

People aren't aware just how much football Yamal has played - 4000 minutes at 17 years old 4 months is absolutely insane.

I think the game and sport science in general is evolving. For example we will see a lot more players play into their late 30s than ever before.

Lamine Yamal is too good right now to put him on the bench.

I think the game and sport science in general is evolving. For example we will see a lot more players play into their late 30s than ever before.

Lamine Yamal is too good right now to put him on the bench.

It may have done so - but it doesn't change the fact Yamal is playing more at this age than almost anyone in history AND

Barca have a track record of turning their wonderkids into injury prone wrecks.

Messi had Xavi Iniesta and other world class seniors around him. Ronaldo also had that at United.

Would be interesting to see what happens to Yamal, in this much more social media driven age with no proper mentors to protect him.

He has Lewandowski even if you dont consider someone like Raphinha world class

Ronaldo has played the most games of an outfielder ever, basically rarely if ever getting injured for about 20 years. Messi is something similar, they looked after themselves but there’s an incredible amount of luck involved in that too. No matter how well you look after yourself, all it takes is one bad tackle or one misstep. Rodri was having one of the best years from a midfielder you’ll see and then he does his ACL. I’m sure Rodri looks after himself as well as those two but it’s just bad luck.

Ronaldo has played the most games of an outfielder ever, basically rarely if ever getting injured for about 20 years. Messi is something similar, they looked after themselves but there’s an incredible amount of luck involved in that too. No matter how well you look after yourself, all it takes is one bad tackle or one misstep. Rodri was having one of the best years from a midfielder you’ll see and then he does his ACL. I’m sure Rodri looks after himself as well as those two but it’s just bad luck.
Yup. There is what you can control (nutrition, lifestyle, training etc etc) and there is luck. I believe a player who had great habits but suffered a major injury, has a good chance of coming back to a close, if not similar level to his best.
Pedri had a scare after a horrible tackle when passing by Tchouameni, if he had went off injured then you'd have heard the usual comments about he's made out of glass whereas it was just bad luck for him.

Yup. There is what you can control (nutrition, lifestyle, training etc etc) and there is luck. I believe a player who had great habits but suffered a major injury, has a good chance of coming back to a close, if not similar level to his best.
Pedri had a scare after a horrible tackle when passing by Tchouameni, if he had went off injured then you'd have heard the usual comments about he's made out of glass whereas it was just bad luck for him.

ACL's are very hard to recover from though - I can't actually recall a youth player who suffered an ACL and got back from it.

Classic torn ACL to change the trajectory of a career was Jese Rodriguez. Absolute dynamo until his ACL injury. Was never the same after that.

ACL's are very hard to recover from though - I can't actually recall a youth player who suffered an ACL and got back from it.

Classic torn ACL to change the trajectory of a career was Jese Rodriguez. Absolute dynamo until his ACL injury. Was never the same after that.
It's a horrible injury for sure. I still think with modern day strengthening methods and science, there are tools for players to get back to very good fitness levels.

Not anymore. Well, it’s better not to get it, of course, as you’re missing almost a year, but current medicine gives you much better chances of an almost full recovery — unlike even 10 years ago. And it’s better to suffer such an injury at a younger age as there’s way higher chances of full recovery.

Look at Wirtz for example.