Kieran Trippier

Seij

Two free-kick goals in a week from Trippier. Looking like Newcastle got one heck of a deal getting him for 12M. People were worried about sending Lingard to Newcastle and keeping them up, but with or without Lingard Newcastle will stay up anyway with Trippier playing a big role in it.

Meanwhile, we have our 50M RB (deservedly) sitting on the bench, and Dalot while looking better under RR, hasn't exactly looked great either.

He would’ve been a good addition to the team but we all know the Glazers ain’t spending in January. I’d like to see Ethan Laird get a chance in pre season providing he stays injury free.

I said in the match day thread that it was an error not to sign him. He's at the very top of his game right now after winning the league in Spain. He was a cheap transfer and it was a no lose transfer considering the price and him being a United fan from Manchester. Newcastle gave him a 2 year contact so it was very low risk financially.

The fees being mentioned when United were linked with him was around £35-40m, wasn't it?

Might have broken a bone in his foot, unlucky if he has playing well..

BBC are reporting that he has fractured his fifth metatarsal bone in his left foot.
He might need surgery.
That's terrible news for Newcastle.

What a stunning free kick! On the keeper side as well. How good is he at free kicks!

Wish we had got him in when we had the chance but Atletico over priced him and then sent him off to newcastle for 12M instead of 40M a year later!

That was some free kick.
He wont, and the fans wont forget today in Newcastle.

Spurs must be gutted they got rid of him. He's the perfect wingback for Conte

I don't get why we didn't sign him in January. I mean I would've understand if Ten Hag came in May and bought a right back of his own but we've done nothing in that area of the pitch. We basically gave up the winter transfer window for this shambles of a summer one.

He's a top player.

In last four years he's started and scored in world cup SF.

Started a CL final.

Won La Liga with Atletico Madrid starting every week.

Started euros final.

In terms of where Newcastle are in their evolution it was a fantastic signing to get their mentality levels up.

Would’ve been a good mid-term RB if Atletico never outpriced us.

Yet he keeps starting in some of the biggest games in world football. And plays for club teams who win most weeks?

Sorry, I am trying to fit in with the 'caf by having absolutely breakneck changes of opinion based on whatever has happened in the last few seconds of a football game - you'll see I called him the GOAT just after the free-kick. He is back to acceptable now after the red-card got overturned.

Sorry, I am trying to fit in with the 'caf by having absolutely breakneck changes of opinion based on whatever has happened in the last few seconds of a football game - you'll see I called him the GOAT just after the free-kick. He is back to acceptable now after the red-card got overturned.

Fair enough. :lol: Cafe is brilliant for this, just waiting for the pep fraud bald thread to be bumped when Newcastle scored 96th minute winner.

Fair enough. :lol: Cafe is brilliant for this, just waiting for the pep fraud bald thread to be bumped when Newcastle scored 96th minute winner.

:lol: Absolutely. There'd be posts saying we should replace ETH with Howe if Newcastle win.
I know because I will be the one making them
Tripper is a tidy player though, he'd massively improve us...most full backs would though, IMO.

Quite possibly the worst month I ever remember a footballer having.