Katie Zelem | Signs for Angel City FC

United all but confirm that the womens team was always a box ticking exercise for them. It's a disgrace, they should never have bothered setting up the womens team if they were going to treat them like steerage.

The clown train keeps on clowning.
Just need INEOS to approve Greenwood's return to the first team and Sir Jim's reshaping of women's football at United will be complete.

The plan is surely to get rid of every player so no opposition left from woman inside the club to oppose Greenwood's return.

The plan is surely to get rid of every player so no opposition left from woman inside the club to oppose Greenwood's return.
I hope not. The backlash from the media would be horrendous. Surely they are not that stupid. Away fans are abusive to us anyway because we are Manchester United without making it ten times worse.

Must admit it's pretty funny seeing some people who have been defending SJR's comments about the women's team acting all shocked that we're losing our best players.

Must admit it's pretty funny seeing some people who have been defending SJR's comments about the women's team acting all shocked that we're losing our best players.
You wonder what sort of statements these players will come out with. They really need to give us a clear picture of what is going on.

Yep it doesn’t seem like an environment any players would want to be in. Surely at risk of losing Toone as well if this continues.

Yep it doesn’t seem like an environment any players would want to be in. Surely at risk of losing Toone as well if this continues.

you only got to look around at what other clubs are doing in women’s football to see why. City women have their own stadium, Arsenal will be playing at the emirates, Chelsea win trophies, that’s without even looking abroad.

You wonder what sort of statements these players will come out with. They really need to give us a clear picture of what is going on.

I'd love that. I have some confidence that at least Earps will say something at some stage. As far as I know Zelem, Parris and García would've been keen to stay.

Genuinely a little shocked, I know there was a lot of talk but deep down still didn't see it happening.

you only got to look around at what other clubs are doing in women’s football to see why. City women have their own stadium, Arsenal will be playing at the emirates, Chelsea win trophies, that’s without even looking abroad.
Yet we won a trophy last season and they do not seem to want to build on it.

I imagine this is the end for @MUW4Eva and Manchester United WFC. What a criminal decision this is.

This one's a killer - captain and one of the 'Originals'

Weird that they announce players are leaving but not where they are going

I don’t think it is. It was the same with Varane, Martial and Williams.

It is sad to see so many leaving and whilst I'm not too hung up on Earps departure. This one certainly hits harder.

This one’s a real shock to me. She’s one of our most important players, having the most assists for us last season, and I think she’s under appreciated because she’s been overplayed and somewhat mismanaged - I don’t see her as a pure DM, I think she’s best as a box to box player.

It’s really sad that someone who has grown up with United leaves like this, but I suppose it’s a great way to end having lifted the FA Cup as captain. I wish her all the best.

I don't think Skinner always used her in the best way, often having her as the holding midfielder when she doesn't have the physicality or defensive instinct for that role. When she's been used with a proper holding player then she's been a tremendous asset to the team with her range of passing in open play and threat from set pieces and given that she's tenacious and can pop up with the odd goal.

It's very strange that a diehard United fan who was a mainstay of the team has been allowed to leave on a free. Given Skinner always picked her (sometimes to her detriment when she was out of form or maybe could have done with a rest) it doesn't indicate that he has much say in the construction of the team, this isn't like Earps where they had to agree a new deal and it was clear for a while that she was going to leave. The club had the option to extend Zelem's stay for another year so I'm not sure why it's only emerged now that they won't be doing and I'm not sure what the reasoning would be for that decision.

I don't think Skinner always used her in the best way, often having her as the holding midfielder when she doesn't have the physicality or defensive instinct for that role. When she's been used with a proper holding player then she's been a tremendous asset to the team with her range of passing in open play and threat from set pieces and given that she's tenacious and can pop up with the odd goal.

It's very strange that a diehard United fan who was a mainstay of the team has been allowed to leave on a free. Given Skinner always picked her (sometimes to her detriment when she was out of form or maybe could have done with a rest) it doesn't indicate that he has much say in the construction of the team, this isn't like Earps where they had to agree a new deal and it was clear for a while that she was going to leave. The club had the option to extend Zelem's stay for another year so I'm not sure why it's only emerged now that they won't be doing and I'm not sure what the reasoning would be for that decision.

I’ve seen the options mentioned with both Zelem and Parris, but looking at the official club news and more or less every reliable media outlet, there’s been nothing about the +1 options.

Come on guys, acting as if this is going to be a huge miss. She hasn't been integral to the team the past year so it's not a loss. The whole crying over INEOS disregarding the team are forgetting, Berrarda and Ashworth haven't started in their jobs, transfer window is ongoing and a lot of changes are happening at Carrington and the club in general. The female team will get the needed attention but the club's bread and butter is the Men's Team and Academy, unless you're being disingenuous, you know this is a fact. You lot seem to forget Manchester United has many moving parts and running it is incredibly tasking, and INEOS are putting the mechanisms in place to take care of this. I'm sure the female team is in their plans, they've not even been in control for that long. Calm down and stop throwing ''misogynistic'' claims at SJR. Everyone is so used to throwing stones at the club and it's owners and it seems it's rinse and repeat with INEOS as well.

What does it say as Instagram doesn't load for me on here and when I click on it, it is asking for a login. It's alright I have logged in through facebook. No I haven't.

Here it is:

"WOW, what a journey!

From signing in the championship to captaining my childhood club in the first ever champions league game. Words don’t do justice for the unimaginable dreams, that I have been able to achieve here.

From first pulling on the kit at 8 years old, I had no idea where this journey would take me. Lifting the FA cup with Manchester United is and will forever be, one of my favourite moments of my career.

The players I’ve met over these 6 years are nothing short of remarkable. When times were tough, it was always the players who stuck together and pulled each other through - that’s what made this team so special.

Thank you to everyone who resolutely supported me over the years. Your unwavering support didn’t go unnoticed and for that I’ll be forever grateful.

For 6 years I gave everything possible to Manchester United, both on and off the pitch. For me, now is the right time for a new challenge and I’m looking forward to my next chapter .!

What does it say as Instagram doesn't load for me on here and when I click on it, it is asking for a login. It's alright I have logged in through facebook. No I haven't.
Katie Zelem said:
WOW, what a journey!
From signing in the championship to captaining my childhood club in the first ever champions league game. Words don’t do justice for the unimaginable dreams, that I have been able to achieve here.

From first pulling on the kit at 8 years old, I had no idea where this journey would take me. Lifting the FA cup with Manchester United is and will forever be, one of my favourite moments of my career.

The players I’ve met over these 6 years are nothing short of remarkable. When times were tough, it was always the players who stuck together and pulled each other through - that’s what made this team so special.

Thank you to everyone who resolutely supported me over the years. Your unwavering support didn’t go unnoticed and for that I’ll be forever grateful.

For 6 years I gave everything possible to Manchester United, both on and off the pitch. For me, now is the right time for a new challenge and I’m looking forward to my next chapter❤️

I'd love that. I have some confidence that at least Earps will say something at some stage. As far as I know Zelem, Parris and García would've been keen to stay.
Imagine Bruno, Licha, Rashford and Garnacho all leaving on a free while club owner says, we just haven’t had time to look at their contracts yet, there’s just too much going on with selling sponsorships.

Not hugely surprising some of our best and most ambitious players are leaving the club.
Just find it hard to believe that we can`t put some proper effort into the womens team at the same time as we try to figure out a a few things about the mens team. We are really that understaffed?

Why did Skinner play her 100% of all minutes if the club did not value her good enough to keep? Was it an agreed farewell tour as thanks for long service? Or was it an attempt to convince Zelem to sign a new contract?

Or was the club not valuing her quality as a player as much as Katie self and they could not agree to a contract both parts were happy with?

So many questions.

Regardless, I have never watched a United womens team without Zelem and for me she´ll always be remembered as an original who always showed for the team, knackered or overplayed always gave her best <3

Last edited:
Imagine Bruno, Licha, Rashford and Garnacho all leaving on a free while club owner says, we just haven’t had time to look at their contracts yet, there’s just too much going on with selling sponsorships.

Exactly. And then Kobbie and Onana leaving for free the summer after that.

I’m sure there would be a few members calming everyone down.

We are just a joke, literally had a core of English players who we have let go one after the other. Complete shit show

Here it is:

"WOW, what a journey!

For 6 years I gave everything possible to Manchester United, both on and off the pitch. For me, now is the right time for a new challenge and I’m looking forward to my next chapter .!
Thank you. I am probably reading stuff into it, but it sounds like she feels there is more ambition in other clubs and as others said she will be more appreciated.

Here it is:

"WOW, what a journey!

Parting shot at Skinner?

Parting shot at Skinner?
Not mentioned the manager in that, so possible I suppose. Only she knows. Toone hinted that Russo left for unknown to us reasons, was it just the contract stuff and feeling insulted or was it something else. I am not sure some of the players are big fans of the manager, only Rachel Williams has ever come out to defend him from what I can remember.