Film Jurassic World: Rebirth (2025) (Jurassic Park 7)

Monsters is good. I enjoyed his Godzilla film. Outside of the visual design, I didn't care much for Rogue One and , similarly with the design of the film , I was indifferent towards The Creator, which seemed to be a mash-up of various popular Manga's and Anime shows/ films while playing around with quite familiar themes all carried by a unremarkable bland lead in John David Washington.
Actually, his films largely revolve around cold leads yet are held up by their impressive visual and world design/building.

Edit.
Edwards also has a very good eye for composition of shots, tbf.

I recently rewatched the Jurassic world movies and they really are as bad as I remembered.
Jurassic park continues to be one of my favourite movies ever so it pains me to see how bad the sequels have been.

This does sound like they’re going smaller. Spielberg is producing it. The cast is one of real actors.

The suggestion is that they don’t want to go the Transformers route. So no sprawling nonsense. A fully fledged stand alone movie.

Any excuse to repost this in yet another thread. It’s brilliant and augurs well for this one not being a disaster. Though the director could still Fcuk it up I guess.

Great video, thanks for posting.

Jurassic Park is one of my all time favorite movies, so I would love it if they could make a decent film with dinosaurs again.

Universal continues to flog the dead T-Rex.

Slightly more promising cast and director this time around:

Director: Gareth Edwards
Writers: David Koepp, Michael Crichton
Starring: Scarlett Johansson, Jonathan Bailey, Mahershala Ali, Rupert Friend, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo

What are we expecting? Will the dinosaurs finally, after long last, wield machine guns like we were promised back in the day? Or will it just be one big pile of shit?
Tried to watch Dominion a couple of nights back after we watched the first one, the difference in quality was so stark. Dominion we turned off halfway through, utterly awful, devoid of any redeeming aspects; acting, script, direction, quality of the CGI, just crap.

Let the franchise die ffs.

Only one good film in the franchise and all the movies this director made has been quite mid but I'd always watch another dino film. Hard to see it worse than Dominion.

I hoped they'd put the entire Jurassic World fiasco to rest and start new.

I may hate it , rant on it.....but will still watch it. Sigh!
If people like this showed restraint it wouldn’t make so much money and they’d stop milking it.

It’s not people being miserable. The newer films are just genuinely shit. There’s plenty of other ways they could’ve made mindless dino films for the simpletons without staining the JP name.
I know, I was only joking, the first one is one of my favourite films of all time, a dark horror would be an amazing way to bring the franchise back.

JP 1,2,3 were great to good

Everything else has been horse crap.
Isn't 3 the one with the dream and the talking dinosaur "Allan"?
Can't remember

Also as long as it doesn't have that stupid hand thing Pratt would do to stop dinosaurs

Which is the one with the gymnast girl karate kicking a Dino in the face?

JP3 was poor but it still shits on the JW films.

I've grown a little more fond of the Lost World over time. Has its flaws but it is a great action film.

Gareth Edwards managed to make the best new Star Wars film (not saying much, but it was more than just watchable) so hoping he can do something cool with this…
Rogue One was brilliant, but word is that Tony Gilroy had a lot to do with that including extensive reshoots. Don’t know how true that is, but seeing Andor, it wouldn’t surprise me.

Isn't 3 the one with the dream and the talking dinosaur "Allan"?
Can't remember

Also as long as it doesn't have that stupid hand thing Pratt would do to stop dinosaurs

Yes that’s when it went all went a little downhill

JP3 was poor but it still shits on the JW films.

I've grown a little more fond of the Lost World over time. Has its flaws but it is a great action film.

The part in that film where Ian Malcolm is up in that tree hoist thing with his daughter and he says “this is an entirely different situation” or something similar then and you hear the T-Rex echoing roar is one of my fave cinema moments ever.

Which is the one with the gymnast girl karate kicking a Dino in the face?

Second one. There’s also a blacked up actor, a secret second island, Vince Vaughn as an eco-terrorist, a sequence where they try and catch “pachys” (pronounced in the worst way possible) and a T-Rex eats a dog at the end… it is still somehow comfortably the second best one.

Universal continues to flog the dead T-Rex.

Slightly more promising cast and director this time around:

Director: Gareth Edwards
Writers: David Koepp, Michael Crichton
Starring: Scarlett Johansson, Jonathan Bailey, Mahershala Ali, Rupert Friend, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo

What are we expecting? Will the dinosaurs finally, after long last, wield machine guns like we were promised back in the day? Or will it just be one big pile of shit?
The appropriate descriptive for this book is dinosequel. Dino meaning terrible.