Film Jurassic World: Rebirth (2025) (Jurassic Park 7)

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I wish this franchise was as extinct as its subject matter.

I haven't seen the last one but it's started to feel a bit like The Walking Dead in there are a bunch of interesting ways they could take it but they just keep doing the same shite

While these movies are still making $1bn+ each time, there’s not a chance in hell that they’ll stop making them, no matter how pointless it seems.

They need to make the movies darker/scarier/grittier. No PG-13 shit.

I liked the serious tone of the first Jurassic Park. That T-Rex was intimidating.

How is Crichton still picking up a writing credit on this shit? Just for writing the two words ‘Jurassic Park’?

Hopefully this will be like Crichton's original story. More violent, cynical and satirical . Reading the book I instantly thought this was a perfect set up for a Verhoeven film.

Wonder why they’ve changed the cast - the title just sounds like a continuation (minus the rebirth bit) of the last 2-3 movies?

Anyhow, they’ve long turned to complete shite which I still end up watching - but not in the cine though. I watch them at home.

The only place left for this franchise to go is a mashup with the Godzilla-King Kong stuff at this point.

So sick and tired of constant reboots, remakes, prequels and sequels
Somebody please do something new and original or something
But I guess it's all lost anyway when competing against the attention from smart phones, streaming has become shitty cable again and they know people are only half watching so most is dumbed down and simplified so people can half follow along

So sick and tired of constant reboots, remakes, prequels and sequels
Somebody please do something new and original or something
But I guess it's all lost anyway when competing against the attention from smart phones, streaming has become shitty cable again and they know people are only half watching so most is dumbed down and simplified so people can half follow along

This does sound like they’re going smaller. Spielberg is producing it. The cast is one of real actors.

The suggestion is that they don’t want to go the Transformers route. So no sprawling nonsense. A fully fledged stand alone movie.

Any excuse to repost this in yet another thread. It’s brilliant and augurs well for this one not being a disaster. Though the director could still Fcuk it up I guess.

Sounds like a video game, or something you’d find waaay to the right of an Amazon Prime scroll.

Impressive that Crichton is back to write this one. I somehow didn’t find out he was 6ft 9 until he died, which suddenly made it obvious why he hated theme parks so much. Dude was just never allowed on any of the rides. A big sad giant boy endlessly writing about why they are man’s greatest folly.

The recent outings have been Marvelslop with dinosaurs.

I'd like to see them lean into a darker/horror tone, so it's a bit encouraging to see David Koepp involved. Probably be shit though.

Is that the one where they have a gun which they aim at someone to make raptors kill them? As opposed to, you know, shooting them with the gun?
No that one the one before it. The last one was somehow even worse :lol:

You miserable people, love a bit of dino action, so I’m all in for this.

It’s not people being miserable. The newer films are just genuinely shit. There’s plenty of other ways they could’ve made mindless dino films for the simpletons without staining the JP name.

This does sound like they’re going smaller. Spielberg is producing it. The cast is one of real actors.

The suggestion is that they don’t want to go the Transformers route. So no sprawling nonsense. A fully fledged stand alone movie.

Any excuse to repost this in yet another thread. It’s brilliant and augurs well for this one not being a disaster. Though the director could still Fcuk it up I guess.

Yeah I love this video.

Would love to see a horror version that leans heavily on the chaos theory aspect with more menacing dinosaurs that you don't see as much of.

The most exciting bit of the book was actually the way systems failed in the park and how the hubris of Hammond prevented him from seeing it was possible.

Gareth Edwards managed to make the best new Star Wars film (not saying much, but it was more than just watchable) so hoping he can do something cool with this…

Is that the one where they have a gun which they aim at someone to make raptors kill them? As opposed to, you know, shooting them with the gun?
I can't remember if it was that or the one before but the last one had the classic motorbike Dino chase scene.