José Mourinho: Fenerbahçe Manager (sack watch)

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
I think the other thread is too large now and not updated

Looks like we'll be crossing paths again with him and Fred

The Amrabat - Fred pivot is the stuff of dreams we never knew we needed.
Quite a feisty little midfield Jose is building over there, good luck to him.

I guess the ‘good’ form Roma showed under De Rossi was just the bounce?

I guess the ‘good’ form Roma showed under De Rossi was just the bounce?

Jose, never liked him before he was United manager and he can be a massive bell end, but he’s a far better manager than people realise. Tactically he’s probably the best in the world when up against anybody with a comparable quality squad, particularly in one off games.

He is really unlikable so is attacked and scrutinised in the same way puff pieces protect Pep from any meaningful criticism.

There's 7 points between 18th and 1st, roma are only 3 points off where they finished last season.

To try and take anything away from that is pure confirmation bias and sensationalist. I don't even like mourinho but he's always going to have a better chance winning the league with fenerbache in turkey than Roma in Italy, so what are we even doing here.

I wonder if we’d have finished as low as 8th if he had the backing and support ETH has been given

I wonder if we’d have finished as low as 8th if he had the backing and support ETH has been given

He had Chelsea in a relegation battle the last time around before they sacked him, which was right after they won the league.

Anything is possible with that gowl, I think Bobby Charlton was right all along, he should never have been let anywhere near Utd.

There's 7 points between 18th and 1st, roma are only 3 points off where they finished last season.

To try and take anything away from that is pure confirmation bias and sensationalist. I don't even like mourinho but he's always going to have a better chance winning the league with fenerbache in turkey than Roma in Italy, so what are we even doing here.

Of course it's sensationalist, it's twitter/the media!

Fenerbahce got 99 points last season, hardly surprising they're top 5 games in, epsecially when they've played a game more than Galatsaray who sit in 2nd and will overtake them if they win tomorrow night.

He's got a job on to win the title, it's like when City were going up against Liverpool with those insane points totals, or perhaps Mourinho Madrid v Guardiola Barcelona would be an even better example.A player of Osimhen's profile going to Turkey, and to a team who racked up 102 points last season is mental. Going to be so hard to stop. I see it's Fenerbahce v Galatasaray at the weekend, so early in but alreaady potentially impactful for the title race.

Roma been a bit wank, but they were financially hamstrung when Mourinho was there, I don't know if that's still the case? Not been following their story.

Last edited: