Jim Ratcliffe: Ten Hag's future is not my call.

Nothing wrong with this. Probably devastating for Ten Hag to hear though, this is as close to a vote of no confidence as it gets. Jim's basically saying "yeah he's been shite but it's up to Omar and Dan to get rid of him".

Well you’re correct about the first sentence at least. Although for some reason you seem to suggest it’s a negative.

Ineos waited until we actually had people in place who were qualified to make those decisions. Theres no way that Dave fecking Brailsford and even Jason Wilcox should be in charge of hiring the manager. Also, they clearly did look around the market and decided we didn’t want to give a big contract to any of the managers that actually wanted to come.

Which manager do you think they should have gone for?

If they were always going to wimp out and wait for Ashworth and Berrada, they shouldnt have publicly tapped up half a dozen managers and fatally undermined ETH.

They dont do that they dont then (stupidly) feel compelled to activate his extension in a show of support.

The club would have looked far more intelligent and professional if they'd just announced all sporting decisions would be deferred until the new execs were in place and had time to assess. In hindsight I have no idea why they didnt go this route.

He isnt the owner. Many get this wrong. The Glazers still own the club. The point is that he says the decision isn't his. Ultimately the Glazers can veto as owners. And if his management team say Ten Hag must go he has as the top man on the football side must have the right of veto.

And you can bet that the payoff is a problem for the club as we would struggle to afford that sum as a oner.
The chances of the Glazers veto’ing Ineos are slim. Even if they do that a veto, which isn’t confirmed when they handed over the sporting side of the club, they know they had their chance and ran the club into the ground. They know that they understand feck all about running a football a club and are quite happy to see Ineos try and turn this around while they chill in the background.

Ashworth and Berrada aren’t dumb. They know Ten Hag isn’t the guy.. I think they just don’t know who is yet, and if they do.. he isn’t available atm.
It’s their first big call, they have to get it right.. being reactionary and paying off ten hag just to bring in someone who brings different problems would be stupid

If they were always going to wimp out and wait for Ashworth and Berrada, they shouldnt have publicly tapped up half a dozen managers to fatally undermine ETH.

They dont do that they dont then (stupidly) feel compelled to activate his extension in a show of support.
I don’t think it was handled well at all, but they would have been idiots not to start sounding out options, if they all wanted Tuchel and he agreed to the conditions set out, then great. Seems like he didn’t and so they decided keeping Ten Hag for a year was better than giving a five year contract to the wrong manager.

The extension obviously had to happen. You can’t have a manager with 9 months left on his contract. It’s heavily incentivised apparently and so I doubt the payoff will be anything too significant for a club our size.

Nothing wrong with this. Probably devastating for Ten Hag to hear though, this is as close to a vote of no confidence as it gets. Jim's basically saying "yeah he's been shite but it's up to Omar and Dan to get rid of him".

It's his own fault. Not willing to change and sticking with suicide ball every game.

It's his own fault. Not willing to change and sticking with suicide ball every game.
True. The summer was the best chance but you can’t really blame them. Ratcliffe was right when he said previous managers haven’t been successful in the previous regime. ETH deserves a chance under new leadership but nothings changed regarding tactics etc. now’s the time to change

I don't see anything wrong with those comments, he is right he hired people to make these decisions and he shouldn't meddle in that. Nothing worse than a boss who always interferes with the work of his team.
Agree. The last thing you want is a rich owner hiring seemingly best in class decision makers, and then not letting them do the job you hired them for.

Exactly that, this is worse than a vote of confidence, I think even a draw or a defeat against Villa gets him the sack the next morning with RVN taking over for 10 games then it will be to the end of the season, allowing the hierarchy to take their time and try and get an absolute elite coach, Inzaghi would be perfect. If he’s willing to come to United?

Exactly that, this is worse than a vote of confidence, I think even a draw or a defeat against Villa gets him the sack the next morning with RVN taking over for 10 games then it will be to the end of the season, allowing the hierarchy to take their time and try and get an absolute elite coach, Inzaghi would be perfect. If he’s willing to come to United?
Some sources on X saying that Inzaghi was offered to take over immediately after the international break, but he declined.