Jhon Durán | Striker at Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know from the United scout in the region that we were scouting him before he went to the Fire. The scout was impressed that the Fire got him before United did, because they didn’t anticipate the Fire had such a network. Whether we are interested in bringing him in now is another question. The Fire paid about 6 or 7m for him. I can find out though.

Looks like a good player with potential, a massive frame for his age. Would be great for an option in our squad and develop him.

Why? Because you expected them to waltz straight into the first team?
No, I think hardly any youngster would step right in to the first team currently.

But both Amad and Pellistri have failed to keep up the expectations they had when both arrived. Specially Amad who was the one rated higher. At this point it looks more certain that they'll be moved on rather than make the first team.

If we sign him we would still need to sign another main striker because he will not be the answer to our problems.
He's 18. Would anybody really think he's the ready made answer to our problems up top??

No, I think hardly any youngster would step right in to the first team currently.

But both Amad and Pellistri have failed to keep up the expectations they had when both arrived. Specially Amad who was the one rated higher. At this point it looks more certain that they'll be moved on rather than make the first team.
Pellistri is sitting on the first team bench week after week, which suggests he’s closer than you think.

I don’t agree that anything is certain with them yet, they are young and too soon to make that kind of judgement

Looks worse than young Lukaku in a worser league in that YouTube highlight reel.

Watched 5 mins of him on YouTube and I've decided I don't want him :lol:

Very similar to Lukaku from the highlights without being as strong or quick.

Bet his Reflex is outstanding though. You could never accuse Lukaku of that.

If Ronaldo leaves in Jan, we could use the money saved on wages to buy him - I'd take that swap.

Pellistri is sitting on the first team bench week after week, which suggests he’s closer than you think.

I don’t agree that anything is certain with them yet, they are young and too soon to make that kind of judgement
He's sitting there but doesn't play, even on Europa League.

I agree is too soon to make a definitive judgement but if at this point we had the option to pay the same fees for them I don't think we would take them.

Anyway, that's always the risk with youngsters. Most of them won't make it, hopefully some of them will.

watched the youtube video posted here. this guy ain't it bruv

surely there's a better/more exciting option in the Brasileirao somewhere? Or even France

United, Liverpool, German and Spanish interest in the player according to Alan Nixon, who Nixon describes as a special talent. He also says that the race is on amongst the interested clubs and someone may well end up paying up in January.

I can't share Nixon's tweets because they're protected.

Last edited:
Micky mouse league to scout a players true potential. Lukaku would probably send his goal tally through the roof if were playing in the MSL.

This guy is going to cause havoc with people who type using autocorrect.

its hispanic. I had a few Mexican players called Jhonathan when I coached in America.

Seems to be more a Colombian thing to use the name Jhon. Know a few of them with that name. Seems to be somewhat common down there.

He doesn’t look overly impressive. Physically impressive sure, but that technique is poor

Is this ETHs Haller.

Certainly has a real frame and pace. Gonna need time to improve in training against better players. But I think he will bulldoze his way into contributing.

The comments about a worse Lukaku at his age, or a Crouch; I reckon he's more agile/explosive than Lukaku was and therefore infinitely more so than Crouch. Though we'll see if his finishing technique can reach their levels because there were more ground hit, bobbled shots, and deflections in there than I've ever seen in any compilation yet.

It is important that we feel he is the right profile of player that will fit into our system that Ten Hag wants to play otherwise we will come undone with another poor signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.