Jamie Vardy

Carragher poses the question on MNF of whether he's Leicester's greatest every player / biggest legend.

Thoughts?
I'd say so, that was his 191st goal for us I'm desperate for him to reach 200 for us
Gotta be a bigger legend than lineker right?
On the pitch easily but Lineker played a massive role in the consortium that saved the club
Muzzy Izzet surely.
Do not denigrate the good name of Muzzy, was my childhood hero
Yeah I'd go with that. Ahead of Lineker and Banks.
Shilton would be in any list too, Mahrez would be right up there if he hadn't acted the cnut to leave, Kante is more beloved here and was only here a season

I'd say so, that was his 191st goal for us I'm desperate for him to reach 200 for us

On the pitch easily but Lineker played a massive role in the consortium that saved the club

Do not denigrate the good name of Muzzy, was my childhood hero

Shilton would be in any list too, Mahrez would be right up there if he hadn't acted the cnut to leave, Kante is more beloved here and was only here a season

If it's greatest player ever to player for the club it's Kante. Had United signed him instead of Chelsea to team with Pogba there would have certainly been a title or two at Old Trafford in the past decade.

Who is the best footballer out of Kante, Vardy, and Mahrez? The history books will probably say Kante, perhaps rightly so, but Mahrez is one of the best ever right wingers in the league, for me.

Who is the best footballer out of Kante, Vardy, and Mahrez? The history books will probably say Kante, perhaps rightly so, but Mahrez is one of the best ever right wingers in the league, for me.
On pure ability it's Mahrez

For me it's Kante, but he did his best work after leaving Leicester

I think Kante was the most important. To win two leagues in a row with two different teams, I really think he was a major part of the glue to his team. He is a workhouse!

On ability, I think Mahrez was the most gifted.

And what's mad, on who's going to be remembered most long after they all returned, I think Vardy will be the one.

I would have thought it would have been Shilton...best in the world in his prime.
Admittedly at another club though.

Vardy is the biggest legend, Mahrez and Kante were certainly superior players but they left. Vardy stayed, I don't think it's even a debate for Leicester fans.

If you are talking about pure football ability I would agree with Mahrez.
But if you are talking about his contribution to Leicester City over the recent past and present then if has to be Vardy.

Kate is dare I say an all timer in his position so clearly ahead of the other two if we're speaking purely on their footballing ability.

Amazing career, give me that over Kane’s 400 meaningless goals
Yeah on a podcast I heard a while ago, they were discussing Kane vs Vardy from a career achievement perspective, a couple of the pundits got emotional when someone suggested Vardy had a better career, but it's pretty clear cut for me. Kane might go onto win some trophies with Bayern now, but Vardy has had a really cool career.

And to clarify, I think Kane is a better player overall.

Pointing to the premier league crest and raising his finger when the Spurs fans were abusing him as he was subbed. :lol:

Got to love that, Romero wasn't having it so pretty short odds he'll leave one on Vardy in the game at WHL!

When both Vardy and Maupay retire, they should start a football podcast, it would infinitely eclipse all other podcasts.

There lads, a billion dollar idea on the house.

Prime Kante was like having an extra player on the pitch, Mahrez was fantastic but Kante is an all time great imo.
Was the most important player both at Chelsea and Leicester as well as being massive for France winning the WC.

There’s just something about him that gives off the vibe he was partaking in the riots :lol:

Why can't he just retire to preserve his legacy?
Obsession? mental illness?

Why should he? He scored 20 in 37 last season, a goal just over every 90 mins, he's nowhere near what he used to be but he's hardly looking like they've just wheeled him out the hospital to run around for a bit.

Why should he? He scored 20 in 37 last season, a goal just over every 90 mins, he's nowhere near what he used to be but he's hardly looking like they've just wheeled him out the hospital to run around for a bit.
He is a Ronaldo fan that is trying to be funny.

This is the kind of character that I want to see in the Premier League Hall of Fame. Not obvious picks like Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes etc.

He didn't play above the Conference Premier until he was 25.5. Only scored 4 goals in the championship his first season there.

Made his premier league debut aged 27.5. Scored only 5 goals in all comps that season. The next season he scored 24 league goals, winning the league for.......Leicester. Now he has more goals in the prem as a 30+ year old than anyone else.

The likes of Martial and Balotelli were finished at the age he was just getting started. I guess the lack of mileage is helping his longevity.

Yeah on a podcast I heard a while ago, they were discussing Kane vs Vardy from a career achievement perspective, a couple of the pundits got emotional when someone suggested Vardy had a better career, but it's pretty clear cut for me. Kane might go onto win some trophies with Bayern now, but Vardy has had a really cool career.

And to clarify, I think Kane is a better player overall.

Vardy's career is miles better than Kane's. Kane would have to win the CL with Bayern to make it a conversation.

Agreed. It's silly to compare Vardy to Ronaldo.

Ronaldo is on Pele's level.

Vardy should be compared to Gerd Muller as pure strikers. And Vardy looks faster than Muller.

Last edited:
Never really liked him as a player, probably due to when he ruined our season with that ridiculous dive back in the LVG days.

Although coming up from non league football to be a genuine quality player at PL level, over multiple seasons, winning a league title, and then still being able to hack it at 37. Stole RVN's goals in consecutive games record if I remember rightly. All without playing for any of the supposed big clubs. You have to give him his due.

I don't mind his interviews either or stuff like him giving it back to the Spurs fans. One of the few who isn't afraid to have a personality rather than just give the generic media training answers/persona.

Last edited:
This is the kind of character that I want to see in the Premier League Hall of Fame. Not obvious picks like Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes etc.

He didn't play above the Conference Premier until he was 25.5. Only scored 4 goals in the championship his first season there.

Made his premier league debut aged 27.5. Scored only 5 goals in all comps that season. The next season he scored 24 league goals, winning the league for.......Leicester. Now he has more goals in the prem as a 30+ year old than anyone else.

The likes of Martial and Balotelli were finished at the age he was just getting started. I guess the lack of mileage is helping his longevity.

I mean I don't disagree at all that he'd be in there. Has to be really, but a PL hall of fame with Vardy but not Scholes, Gerrard or Lampard would be a bit weird.

One of those you find unlikeable if they play for someone else, but love them if they play for you. Great player who has arguably been underrated. Ridiculous that he was playing in the Championship last year

Didn’t poop his pants vs shit his pants during a game on the field.
It goes unappreciated just how impressive an achievement this is consider how many cans of Monster Vardy gets through before kick off.

Kanté by a wide margin (although it wasn't as wide when they were all at Leicester, I'd probably have him as their most important player but it was certainly extremely close between the three). Mahrez was extremely gifted technically, Vardy was (and somehow still is) a great goalscorer and a player for big occasions... but Kanté is amongst the very best ever in his particular role on the pitch, neither Mahrez nor, especially, Vardy (his competition is insane though) can realistically claim that about themselves.

If he stays fit, I can see him getting 10-15 goals this season. He may be older/slower but his finishing is till top drawer.

Mahrez was the most technically gifted but Kanté was immense, one of the very best ever in his position. Vardy, one of the best strikers this league has ever seen considering how late he came in, is the biggest of the three in terms of legacy at Leicester.

I mean I don't disagree at all that he'd be in there. Has to be really, but a PL hall of fame with Vardy but not Scholes, Gerrard or Lampard would be a bit weird.

Yeah I'm not saying they shouldn't be in too. It just doesn't interest me when the obvious ones are inducted. There should be also be players with interesting and unique careers who don't get talked about so much. Le tissier would be another good example (based solely on football and not on his twitter feed obviously).