Jamie Carragher

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
What do people really see in Jill Scott as a pundit? Her analysis is very weak and opinions are as standard and safe as it gets. I have seen YouTube fan channels put out more nuanced opinions!

It's like watching paint dry.

Pundits should be highly opinionated and not people who sit on the fence trying to be politically correct all the time. It's easy to just say a few nice things, smile and leave.

Look at Roy Keane. I don't agree with everything he says, but he's definitely not afraid to make his point regardless of whether people like it or not. That's what punditry is all about. You can't be a pundit and be terrified of online trolling. The likes of Keane and Carragher aren't afraid of trolling. Their controversial comments on big names like Haaland and Ronaldo proves that.

Also, there's a certain level of tactical insight and analysis which these ex-players simply cannot provide. For that, you need the big managers. Mourinho was brilliant at Sky while he was there. His tactical knowledge and analysis of games was impeccable.

Carragher is definitely a far superior pundit to Jill in terms of insight and entertainment. Carragher and Neville are a nice balance of insight and entertainment. Keane and especially Micah Richards are in it for the entertainment factor rather than analysis.

The American show, CBS Golazo is all about entertainment and having a good time with the lads. Kate Abdo is absolutely fantastic(easily one of the best presenters) and has great camaraderie with Henry, Richards and Carragher. It's fine for laughs and banter but the analysis on that show is laughably bad and they know it. That is exactly what CBS is going for. They only care about the viral clips, entertainment factor and clicks.
Jill Scott isn’t great in the studio but she’s brilliant as a talking head on Gary Neville’s podcast. Far better than Gary or Jamie were in the beginning. She shows genuine curiosity and isn’t afraid of just asking an open question. No agenda or ego getting in the way of saying she doesn’t know. It’s really refreshing.

She’s a wonderful addition to that show. Gets on brilliantly well with Ian Wright too. Lowers the shouty banter dynamic and they spend far more time on topic than any of the others.

Sir Marcus

Jill Scott doesn't seem to have much knowledge. Carragher was talking about his penalty for England against Portugal on the overlap and Jill seemed to have no idea it happend.
To be fair, I’m not really endorsing Jill Scott as a amazing pundit. Just saying that these guys talk about football as ex professionals, imo it really isn’t a job where this a huge or noticeable difference between the best and worst, and certainly not a big enough difference to overlook high profile spitting incidents for example.

Sir Marcus

Jill Scott isn’t great in the studio but she’s brilliant as a talking head on Gary Neville’s podcast. Far better than Gary or Jamie were in the beginning. She shows genuine curiosity and isn’t afraid of just asking an open question. No agenda or ego getting in the way of saying she doesn’t know. It’s really refreshing.

She’s a wonderful addition to that show. Gets on brilliantly well with Ian Wright too. Lowers the shouty banter dynamic and they spend far more time on topic than any of the others.
Yeah, well put.