Jadon Sancho - Chelsea (loan) watch (Dog status: missing - responds to “Sanch” or promises of FUT packs)

Whatever his wage at United is/was it needs to be considered he only has less than two years remaining of that contract. It's not like he's shown anything to justify his United wages. You know that, I know that, all clubs know that and probably Sancho himself knows that too.

With United stil paying a portion of his wages for the ongoing loan season, he'll only have one year of that monster contract when the permanent move to Chelsea kicks in next summer. Rather than hold on to the salary level he'd have for just one more year, surely he'll have realized it's more beneficial for him to accept slightly less money if it guarantees him a (still rather sizeable) contract for another 6-7 years.

According to some reports Felix and Neto are on around £160-170K a week salaries at Chelsea and I would expect Sancho to get around the same.

£20m and £170k a week and couldn't find any suitors aside from Chelsea. Not even Dortmund where apparently he tore up on loan (with Antony level stats). Makes you wonder why.

Not atall, I'm well aware Sancho has got his flaws and I'll remain wary unless he shows what he's showing so far for a sustained period.

However Ten Hag says it was performances based. If that was me and I was seeing teammates who lost 7-0 to Liverpool still to this day being constantly selected and praised by the same guy, I'd be pretty miffed aswell.
Fair enough, and I absolutely agree. There are many more players that are deserving of the same treatment.
Why are you deflecting? Arguments matter, not the background of the one who makes them.
I'm not deflecting. I think ten Hag handled the situation poorly, and it is obvious he has his favourites. However, Sancho has not exactly been professional with us and we gave him several chances. It really was time to cut ties.

£20m and £170k a week and couldn't find any suitors aside from Chelsea. Not even Dortmund where apparently he tore up on loan (with Antony level stats). Makes you wonder why.
It was Edin Terzic who wanted Sancho (and apparently truly has a good personal relationship with him). But Terzic resigned after last season as it became clear that his approach would lead Dortmund nowhere. Bit of necessary context to that non-interest I think.

Naming an unchanged lineup after that history defining loss at Anfield.

Given his reasoning for Sancho was performance based, that alone was heavily contradictory.
That comparison is far-fetched at the very least.

Sancho's case was a mix of various things (poor training performance, overall attitude, refusal to apologise) with the added background of Ten Hag coddling him for half a season and giving him preferential treatment over others. But let's ignore that and pretend that Sancho was hard done by.

It was Edin Terzic who wanted Sancho (and apparently truly has a good personal relationship with him). But Terzic resigned after last season as it became clear that his approach would lead Dortmund nowhere. Bit of necessary context to that non-interest I think.

And no one else wanted him after his amazing loan spell and despite being on a modest package?

And no one else wanted him after his amazing loan spell and despite being on a modest package?
Oh I didn't mean to say that he had an amazing spell there. It was decent, but nothing special. Nonetheless I believe that Dortmund would have signed him if Terzic had stayed.

Naming an unchanged lineup after that history defining loss at Anfield.

Given his reasoning for Sancho was performance based, that alone was heavily contradictory.
Come on now, that's a totally false equivalency. His reasoning for Sancho was performance in training and also fitness (when really we all know attitude factored into it too significantly). It's apples and oranges.

He wasn't available for that until the last days of the window, when everybody was desperate for him to leave. By then most clubs had already spent their money, including BvB

Also, £170k a week is still more than BvB pay to any of their players afaik. Like, that's still the kind of wages only a very small group of clubs in europe can afford

Watched the exteded highlights, another bang average showing.

Is there an agreement among a group here to only comment on sancho when he gets an assist bouncing off his arse and we all have to pretend he's a top player?

Is there an agreement among a group here to only comment on sancho when he gets an assist bouncing off his arse and we all have to pretend he's a top player?
We only care when United get mugged off

I think most Man United fans on here who like slagging things off have their plates full.
The fans with some common sense don't really give a toss about Sancho. Most probably believe he's not good enough to play on the wings in the EPL anyway and will soon return to form. On this (rare) occasion, I think United will have the last laugh even if in all likelihood he will score against us.

As for the current EtH shit show, the least said the better.

IMO, Ole was pretty shit as a manager but at least didn't have a loser's mentality. EtH talks about his 4 clean sheets like it's some fecking achievement, and peddles the 'work in progress' line like he has just joined the club and hasn't had an almost new first 11 handed to him at an immense cost.

Spot on.

It's such a weird case study. People/journalists really want to peddle the "Sancho is great and United fecked him" story.

I guess it sells papers/gets clicks more than "Sancho went to Chelsea and...he's still a bit shite".

Spot on.

It's such a weird case study. People/journalists really want to peddle the "Sancho is great and United fecked him" story.

I guess it sells papers/gets clicks more than "Sancho went to Chelsea and...he's still a bit shite".

100%

an interesting side piece to this is that a player like palmer was let go by city, and he instantly proved himself to be one of the best players in the league. Within weeks. Sancho had an average spell at dortmund, and looks about the same at chelsea as he did here, and it gets floated as some sort of ten hag criticism, while no mainstream outlet seems to raise why city sold palmer for less than what they spent on the erratic doku for example.

I've heard some pundits on podcasts use terms like "rejuvenated" or "firing again", which is pretty insane.
100%

an interesting side piece to this is that a player like palmer was let go by city, and he instantly proved himself to be one of the best players in the league. Within weeks. Sancho had an average spell at dortmund, and looks about the same at chelsea as he did here, and it gets floated as some sort of ten hag criticism, while no mainstream outlet seems to raise why city sold palmer for less than what they spent on the erratic doku for example.
It's sometimes discussed, it's a bit too big of an elephant in the room not to be, but excuses are invariably made for Pep and it being the right decision.

The extended highlight video I watched showed maybe three scenes in which Sancho was on the ball. He had 42 touches so if you saw the same highlights I did, you missed more than 90% of the times he was on the ball.

But since you are speaking of "average", maybe a quick comparison with other wingers: Sancho had more pre-assists (1 to 0), more key passes (3 to 1), more expected assists (0.3 to 0.0), more passes into the penalty area (5 to 0), more progressive passes (7 to 1) and more successful take-ons (3 to 2) than Rashford, Garnacho and Antony combined in your match vs Villa. Just in case somebody thinks I'm biased or just trolling: Your deadly trio had him severely beaten at being dispossessed by opponents (1 to 7). Credit where credit is due, they really own that metric.

The extended highlight video I watched showed maybe three scenes in which Sancho was on the ball. He had 42 touches so if you saw the same highlights I did, you missed more than 90% of the times he was on the ball.

But since you are speaking of "average", maybe a quick comparison with other wingers: Sancho had more pre-assists (1 to 0), more key passes (3 to 1), more expected assists (0.3 to 0.0), more passes into the penalty area (5 to 0), more progressive passes (7 to 1) and more successful take-ons (3 to 2) than Rashford, Garnacho and Antony combined in your match vs Villa. Just in case somebody thinks I'm biased or just trolling: Your deadly trio had him severely beaten at being dispossessed by opponents (1 to 7). Credit where credit is due, they really own that metric.
Comparing a team in form v a team at rock bottom is always an interesting way of proving a point.

4 goals 3 assists for garnacho. 0 goals in 4 for sancho, what does he actually do?

I've heard some pundits on podcasts use terms like "rejuvenated" or "firing again", which is pretty insane.

It's sometimes discussed, it's a bit too big of an elephant in the room not to be, but excuses are invariably made for Pep and it being the right decision.
It's usually pile on the misery when teams and players are down United being the main example. No... Wait a min... with united it's always been the case pile on when we are up and when we are down.

On what planet does comparing a completely inept United side with sancho make any point of note? The only way I can see your post as remotely relevant to what I said is if:

a) You believe United would be a better team with Sancho in it. This seems unlikely and nonsensical, given he was absolutely woeful here.
b) Anybody made any claim that uniteds wingers are outperforming anybody at all. In case you havent missed it, United are absolutely awful, and none of that is remotely relevant to whether or not Sancho was his usual average self.

Lastly, there's no reason at all to think I saw the same highlights as you, so again I just don't see your point here. My post is a very simple one, about how people massively overreacted to an absolute gift of a pair of assists recently, but the same people want to ignore his continued average impact. These posters will no doubt race here if he shins home a tap in in some league cup tie or conference league game. If you're looking for someone who's actively comparing our wideplayers and sancho, then you've quoted the wrong person.

I dont know why Ive triggered you about Sancho, but your post is just bizarre.

On what planet does comparing a completely inept United side with sancho make any point of note?
Over the massive sample size of one game, with massively different circumstances for each team. Of course if you extrapolate to a little bit more, like even just the beginning of the season vs Garnacho (who I don't even think has had a great start), it's a different story. But that poster has a clear agenda and won't let facts stand in his way, even if it's backing it up with some world class cherry picking of stats.

And what has that anything to do with what he said about Sancho being average?

You think we don't know that Rashford and Antony are average? You got us good there!

Inappropriate Behavior
On what planet does comparing a completely inept United side with sancho make any point of note? The only way I can see your post as remotely relevant to what I said is if:

a) You believe United would be a better team with Sancho in it. This seems unlikely and nonsensical, given he was absolutely woeful here.
b) Anybody made any claim that uniteds wingers are outperforming anybody at all. In case you havent missed it, United are absolutely awful, and none of that is remotely relevant to whether or not Sancho was his usual average self.

Lastly, there's no reason at all to think I saw the same highlights as you, so again I just don't see your point here. My post is a very simple one, about how people massively overreacted to an absolute gift of a pair of assists recently, but the same people want to ignore his continued average impact. These posters will no doubt race here if he shins home a tap in in some league cup tie or conference league game. If you're looking for someone who's actively comparing our wideplayers and sancho, then you've quoted the wrong person.

I dont know why Ive triggered you about Sancho, but your post is just bizarre.

You saw a highlight video of a match which typically only includes sequences of play that lead to goal threat - even the extended ones. What happens inbetween those highlights isn't covered. In Sancho's case, this "inbetween" (which you missed) covers roughly 90% of his touches (which you missed). Nonetheless, you confidently state that his performance was "bang average". By doing that, you basically ruled out that whatever happened "inbetween" could have swayed your opinion on Sancho's performance. I mean, how good could a play have been if it didn't make it into the highlight video, an extended one as you specifically pointed out, right?

See, that principle is what I disagree with. Sure, Sancho produced many highlights for Dortmund but the bread and butter of his style has always been ball progression and most of those scenes don't even make it into any highlight video. And I believe the fact that so few Manchester United fans pay attention to those details is one reason for why this transfer didn't work out. You only value the spectacular. But if players are only applauded if they do the spectacular and nobody does the little things right, everybody on the pitch will have less highlights up until even a "bang average" performance produces more output than 180 minutes of United wingplay. Ah, and it is funny to wind you guys up for your ignorance, of course.

Over the massive sample size of one game, with massively different circumstances for each team. Of course if you extrapolate to a little bit more, like even just the beginning of the season vs Garnacho (who I don't even think has had a great start), it's a different story. But that poster has a clear agenda and won't let facts stand in his way, even if it's backing it up with some world class cherry picking of stats.

Come on, we both know how this will go ;) You throw a sidedig at me I throw an argument backed up with numbers at you, you try to distract with some snidy remark, I respond in kind, you make a joke about unfunny Germans, I ask whether the famous British humour consists of repeating the same joke for the gazillionth time, you vanish, so let's just cut this short and jump to the vanishing part ;)

You’d think they’d get bored… broken record

You saw a highlight video of a match which typically only includes sequences of play that lead to goal threat - even the extended ones. What happens inbetween those highlights isn't covered. In Sancho's case, this "inbetween" (which you missed) covers roughly 90% of his touches (which you missed). Nonetheless, you confidently state that his performance was "bang average". By doing that, you basically ruled out that whatever happened "inbetween" could have swayed your opinion on Sancho's performance. I mean, how good could a play have been if it didn't make it into the highlight video, an extended one as you specifically pointed out, right?

See, that principle is what I disagree with. Sure, Sancho produced many highlights for Dortmund but the bread and butter of his style has always been ball progression and most of those scenes don't even make it into any highlight video. And I believe the fact that so few Manchester United fans pay attention to those details is one reason for why this transfer didn't work out. You only value the spectacular. But if players are only applauded if they do the spectacular and nobody does the little things right, everybody on the pitch will have less highlights up until even a "bang average" performance produces more output than 180 minutes of United wingplay. Ah, and it is funny to wind you guys up for your ignorance, of course.

You are so deep in some imaginary argument I cant help you. For some reason youve shoehorned me into the personification of your imaginary argument. I wont even go into details about the service I have for football streaming and how highlights are given to me, but even if your summary were true, which it isnt, you are basically saying that unless somebody can watch all 90 minutes of a player, all the time, they cant judge them. Then you arrive at some bizarre conclusion about what I value in a player, and suggest Sancho has some under the radar utility that basically everyone missed for the two years he drained the life out of United in whatever position he laboured in. I watched him countless times at dortmund, ive seen plenty of him at chelsea, and he is bog standard wide player and nowehre even remotely close to one of the best or most effective wingers in the league.

Not that the papers are the source of all knowledge but even a quick google shows a damning assessment of how sancho was at the weekend, regardless of what obscure tactical nous you picked up on.

Now, given that youve engaged me in your fandom off the back of a completely unrelated post, I can only assume you're looking for somebody to hammer on about Sancho. Please find somebody else. My well formed opinion is that he is absolutely woeful, and lacks the fitness and discipline to improve, and I was simply pointing out the cherry picking that goes on with United fans, who race in here any time he manages something kind of close to productivity. As I said, if youre looking for someone to argue about sancho with, get someone else.

He’s shit and you know it.

Get assists.
And move defenders in the low block. At this point, as long as Chelsea fans are happy with his play, that is all that matters. He is going to have to compete hard for a spot when Estevao gets here next year. it is not like Sancho is guaranteed anything and at his price, it is a great punt.

Hes just a pretty average player. This was evident in Germany but people go crazy about assists with no context. When all is considered it was a right waste of time (pursued him for so long it was boring) and its best he has gone. I remember hearing about his performance against PSG in the CL where people were going crazy about him but when you watch it it’s underwhelming. Sancho in a nutshell really.

Hes just a pretty average player. This was evident in Germany but people go crazy about assists with no context. When all is considered it was a right waste of time (pursued him for so long it was boring) and its best he has gone. I remember hearing about his performance against PSG in the CL where people were going crazy about him but when you watch it it’s underwhelming. Sancho in a nutshell really.
He completed 13/18 dribbles and won 14/20 ground duels. Those aren't normal numbers.

Sancho is a brilliant player when he's on his game. We rarely saw it in a United shirt.

He completed 13/18 dribbles and won 14/20 ground duels. Those aren't normal numbers.

Sancho is a brilliant player when he's on his game. We rarely saw it in a United shirt.
There were maybe 2-3 that were effective dribbles and this was meant to be a masterclass , like I said it was underwhelming. The way people were going on about it was like brazilian Ronaldo was in town and the truth is it was far from it.

We're not playing Neto because Sancho is assisting so many goals.

Having been freed from the shackles of Hagball, he's tearing it up.
He has 3 assists, not 14. And as I already pointed out, he has more assists than big chances created (2), so it is a good indicator those assists aren't going to continue.

But yeah, if you're happy with his performances, good for you! Bit weird to spend £50m on a winger better than Sancho and not play him, though.

There were maybe 2-3 that were effective dribbles and this was meant to be a masterclass , like I said it was underwhelming. The way people were going on about it was like brazilian Ronaldo was in town and the truth is it was far from it.
You sound like a hater.

Hate away all you like.

You are so deep in some imaginary argument I cant help you. For some reason youve shoehorned me into the personification of your imaginary argument. I wont even go into details about the service I have for football streaming and how highlights are given to me, but even if your summary were true, which it isnt, you are basically saying that unless somebody can watch all 90 minutes of a player, all the time, they cant judge them. Then you arrive at some bizarre conclusion about what I value in a player, and suggest Sancho has some under the radar utility that basically everyone missed for the two years he drained the life out of United in whatever position he laboured in. I watched him countless times at dortmund, ive seen plenty of him at chelsea, and he is bog standard wide player and nowehre even remotely close to one of the best or most effective wingers in the league.

Not that the papers are the source of all knowledge but even a quick google shows a damning assessment of how sancho was at the weekend, regardless of what obscure tactical nous you picked up on.

Now, given that youve engaged me in your fandom off the back of a completely unrelated post, I can only assume you're looking for somebody to hammer on about Sancho. Please find somebody else. My well formed opinion is that he is absolutely woeful, and lacks the fitness and discipline to improve, and I was simply pointing out the cherry picking that goes on with United fans, who race in here any time he manages something kind of close to productivity. As I said, if youre looking for someone to argue about sancho with, get someone else.

Crazily enough, yes, I do think you should have watched the match or at least more than 10% of his touches to judge the performance of a player :lol:

What you think about him as a player is a complete different story. It pretty much confirms that I put you into the exactly right box, though ;)