Jadon Sancho - Chelsea (loan) watch (Dog status: in him)

It happens. There's a myriad of reasons why it might work out for him at Chelsea, some have been discussed here, there's other intangible ones, there's no certainties. It was just blatantly visible that despite all our shortcomings as a team and a structure, it was just never going to happen for him at Utd. Carl Anka put it in a good way when he said that over all his time at Utd, not once did he look like a Utd player, nor can he remember a "Sancho game". And that's true, even though there's a few moments that people will remember of him, is there actually one game that he really took by the scruff of the neck and made his? Despite everything over the past years, you can mention a few of those for most other players, but none for Sancho which is damning considering the profile of player he is/is meant to be.

I honestly won't be bitter if he makes it at Chelsea, I doubt he will but he seems to have struggled with mental heath issues and it would be good for him to go on and have a decent career.

But it just wasn't going to happen with us.

This. Exactly this.

When they find out he's properly shit, but still have to cough up £25m regardless, it's going to be so very sweet.

It happens. There's a myriad of reasons why it might work out for him at Chelsea, some have been discussed here, there's other intangible ones, there's no certainties. It was just blatantly visible that despite all our shortcomings as a team and a structure, it was just never going to happen for him at Utd. Carl Anka put it in a good way when he said that over all his time at Utd, not once did he look like a Utd player, nor can he remember a "Sancho game". And that's true, even though there's a few moments that people will remember of him, is there actually one game that he really took by the scruff of the neck and made his? Despite everything over the past years, you can mention a few of those for most other players, but none for Sancho which is damning considering the profile of player he is/is meant to be.

I honestly won't be bitter if he makes it at Chelsea, I doubt he will but he seems to have struggled with mental heath issues and it would be good for him to go on and have a decent career.

But it just wasn't going to happen with us.
Honestly, seeing how underwhelming his loan stint at Dortmund was, I’m not so sure anymore unfortunately

So …. He didn’t say he “played” for Maresca. It could very well be a truly stupid statement. But you guys seem to be ruling out the possibility he was going over to spend time at City after you bought him?

From what I understand he’s been in near constant contact with Joe Shields since he left City. A good number of his friends would have been there.

Follow up question: if he was going over to spend time at City’s facilities because he just liked it better there….would that piss you off?

He has the talent to be a top professional footballer.

But he doesn;t have the ambition or single mindedness to fulfil that potential.

Closest I can think is ravel Morrison, but without the criminality. Same issue though, more interested in the lifestyle than the work.

So …. He didn’t say he “played” for Maresca. It could very well be a truly stupid statement. But you guys seem to be ruling out the possibility he was going over to spend time at City after you bought him?

From what I understand he’s been in near constant contact with Joe Shields since he left City. A good number of his friends would have been there.

Follow up question: if he was going over to spend time at City’s facilities because he just liked it better there….would that piss you off?
What are you talking about?

:lol: WTF are you babbling about?

I'd be so mad I'd shake my fist in his general direction. Then if I find out he uses City on FIFA, oooooh he's in for it then!

Bit of a reach all this isn’t it? I do find it silly how quickly people will bend over backwards to make a point so soon after a Bloke starts wearing a different color shirt.

Bit of a reach all this isn’t it? I do find it silly how quickly people will bend over backwards to make a point so soon after a Bloke starts wearing a different color shirt.
In just thinking out loud. I’ve never given Sancho much thought before now. And I’m under no illusions that he probably wouldn’t rather be starting for Pep and City … and may just consider coming to play with Cole and Lavia, with a lot of City people running the team kind of “the next best thing”

But it makes perfect sense to me. I would be shocked if he wasn’t spending time over at the City grounds.

In just thinking out loud. I’ve never given Sancho much thought before now. And I’m under no illusions that he probably wouldn’t rather be starting for Pep and City … and may just consider coming to play with Cole and Lavia, with a lot of City people running the team kind of “the next best thing”

But it makes perfect sense to me. I would be shocked if he wasn’t spending time over at the City grounds.
Hold on. You genuinely believe that a United player was spending time at City's grounds and was never pictured or leaked? :lol:

:lol:

You must do yoga to be able to twist this much

From a Chelsea fan’s perspective, the baseline for whether this move is successful or not is whether he’s better than what we’ve seen from Mudryk. And as someone who has watched every minute of Mudryk’s Chelsea stint I just don’t see how he possibly can’t be better than that.

I know loads of people replied to me “just you wait” when I said that yesterday but I’ll have to see it to believe it. A Sancho that will hopefully be desperate to salvage his career and motivated to prove those wrong who think he’s finished will surely be better than Mudryk who has looked like a seal thrown into a swimming pool with sharks most times he’s on the pitch.
Oh he is bad. Consider him as our payback for Mount. Enjoy.

It was just blatantly visible that despite all our shortcomings as a team and a structure, it was just never going to happen for him at Utd.
I dont disagree. But that's not what I was asking, I know he was never gonna perform here.

Why do you think that after flopping at United, Sancho will suddenly find form at another PL club? Its either quality or hardwork. If he is not good enough quality wise for United, he is not good enough for Chelsea either. If its a matter of application, why would he suddenly start working hard at Chelsea, and why didnt he for us?

If he starts playing well for Chelsea...is it because he suddenly decided to up his game? Or will it be because we didnt utilise him correctly?

What a tw@t.

It seems that

“Guardolia and Maresca connected over their memories of Carlo Mazzone, the charismatic Italian coach who had been in charge of Cagliari when Maresca was a young prospect there. He would later coach Brescia during Guardiola's stint in Italy towards the end of his playing days.

When they met, Guardiola was already the pre-eminent coach of his generation but Maresca's own ideas about football were still formulating. He has since revealed that he studied first hand Guardiola during this period”

For those that are unaware that young coaches gaining their badges are mentored by more experienced coaches. I have no idea if he was at City during the same time but it does seem a possibility that following his retirement in Feb2017 that between then and 31/8/2017 when Sancho left that Maresca did indeed spend time at City

It seems that

“Guardolia and Maresca connected over their memories of Carlo Mazzone, the charismatic Italian coach who had been in charge of Cagliari when Maresca was a young prospect there. He would later coach Brescia during Guardiola's stint in Italy towards the end of his playing days.

When they met, Guardiola was already the pre-eminent coach of his generation but Maresca's own ideas about football were still formulating. He has since revealed that he studied first hand Guardiola during this period”

For those that are unaware that young coaches gaining their badges are mentored by more experienced coaches. I have no idea if he was at City during the same time but it does seem a possibility that following his retirement in Feb2017 that between then and 31/8/2017 when Sancho left that Maresca did indeed spend time at City
Sancho mentioned he also played with Georgi Kinkladze

You're beyond mental.

He's been spending time at Forest as well?

It's going to be enjoyable when United purposeful finish 16th so Chelsea don't fail in a permanent Sancho transfer for finishing outside the top 15 :devil: