Jadon Sancho - Chelsea (loan) watch (Dog status: in him)

They don't exist, though I believe one of their directors in their recruitment team helped bring him to City from Watford. It's a loose connection.

I was wondering who were these coaches because as per the articles, their coach joined City 3 years after Sancho left.

Dortmund didn’t get a tune out of him though. That’s a myth based on on a good 90 minutes in yhe Champions League. He’s always been capable of an occasional good game. At United as well.

I’m not talking about the loan move. I’m talking about when he played for them and would give him a special wake up call etc. and treated him like a child. They got a tune out of him then, obviously.

Dortmund didn’t get a tune out of him though. That’s a myth based on on a good 90 minutes in yhe Champions League. He’s always been capable of an occasional good game. At United as well.

Just to add to this. In his last stint at Dortmund he got two goals and two assists in 14 matches. Which is actually LESS productive than his last full season with United, when he got 6 goals and 3 assists in 26 league games.

Just to add to this. In his last stint at Dortmund he got two goals and two assists in 14 matches. Which is actually LESS productive than his last full season with United, when he got 6 goals and 3 assists in 26 league games.
Dortmund being dickheads on social media brought him far more attention than was deserved. They had absolutely no desire to extend the loan or sign him, unsurprisingly.

I’m not talking about the loan move. I’m talking about when he played for them and would give him a special wake up call etc. and treated him like a child. They got a tune out of him then, obviously.

Ok, yeah, sure. But he wouldn’t be the first young footballer to have great season or two when they first start senior football only to fail to progress, when they find out how hard it is to keep performing consistently, year after year and they lose whatever hunger they had when they were still trying to make it. Especially with the crazy salaries these players find themselves on. I’m arguing against the notion that he just needs some TLC to be a top class footballer for Chelsea.

I was wondering who were these coaches because as per the articles, their coach joined City 3 years after Sancho left.
Had a look and the key link is Joe Shields who is their Director of Football and Scouting. It looks like it is more scouts / recruitment people than coaches.

Shields was a youth scout during Sancho's time at City so may have been a key member to bringing him in. Apparently it was him who pushed for the signing and sold it to Maresca.

Lawrence Stewart is Chelsea's sporting director and he was a Performance Manager (no idea what that entails) while Sancho was at City.

Andrew Cousins is their Head of Scouting and he was a scout at City when they brought in Sancho.

All influential people to be fair, no idea how closely they would have worked with him but Joe Shields is the key person rather than it being an actual coach.

Had a look and the key link is Joe Shields who is their Director of Football and Scouting. It looks like it is more scouts / recruitment people than coaches.

Shields was a youth scout during Sancho's time at City so may have been a key member to bringing him in. Apparently it was him who pushed for the signing and sold it to Maresca.

Lawrence Stewart is Chelsea's sporting director and he was a Performance Manager (no idea what that entails) while Sancho was at City.

Andrew Cousins is their Head of Scouting and he was a scout at City when they brought in Sancho.

All influential people to be fair, no idea how closely they would have worked with him but Joe Shields is the key person rather than it being an actual coach.

Thank you, looks like they might have influenced this deal.

Also not sure if he even gets many chances. Their best player is Palmer, they have spent big money on Neto who is very good player. They have players like Madueke, Joao Felix.

He swapped ManUtd bench to Chelsea bench, at least he might make match day squad.

Maybe so but it comes with the obvious caveat of his pay packet. Those other players commanded higher transfer fees in this window but once you factor in the overall package it takes to sign them, Sancho will likely cost more by the end of his contract.

Why not include those players wages then? This is basically a deferred transfer fee given the stipulation so do we include wages for every player?

I'm surprised Munich didn't come in for him .
Maybe a swap with Coman, who they seemed happy to let go.

Don’t care how he performs for Chelsea safe in the knowledge he would have never have done it for us.

His best moments in United shirt: goal vs Liverpool, performance at Leeds in 21/22, goal at Villarreal under Carrick, performance vs Chelsea in that 4-1 win, goal at City in 21/22. There were probably few others but not many.

Sancho's obviously got ability but I remember his debut vs Newcastle (and same for Antony's vs Arsenal, despite the goal he scored) and they looked decent but nothing more than that. On the other hand, with Garnacho he looked exciting from the first moment I'd say. I guess if we played with more possession and had that system like Pep at City then Sancho could work out better (and that could happen at Chelsea now). But I'm always more excited when our wingers are more pacy and explosive.

Funny but not surprising how he kept his Dortmund profile on Twitter and Instagram for all these months and now changed to Chelsea the same moment he joined them :lol:

Do think he'll be better at Chelsea under Maresca as he's got to prove himself. But also happy we sold him as he clearly didn't want to be here anymore (at least under ten Hag).

Why not include those players wages then? This is basically a deferred transfer fee given the stipulation so do we include wages for every player?
That's what overall package means. Sancho's will far outweigh Nketiah's.

Maybe not Solanke's but it depends how batshit Chelsea are when they're dishing out Sancho's deal. They've just announced a 9 year contract for Nicolas Jackson this morning.

5 pages long and he hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet.

number of social media posts referencing united in the months he was back from dortmund - 0
number of social media posts referencing Chelsea in the 6 days since he joined them - 4

He never came back really, the lie that he and ETH had made up was as clear us mud.

Surely he is right at the top of the worst transfers for United ever. Can't think of any worse.

number of social media posts referencing united in the months he was back from dortmund - 0
number of social media posts referencing Chelsea in the 6 days since he joined them - 4

He never came back really, the lie that he and ETH had made up was as clear us mud.

Surely he is right at the top of the worst transfers for United ever. Can't think of any worse.
That was in everyone's best interests though.

Endrick saying he grew up watching Bobby Charlton will never be beaten.
You could at least imagine (if you closed your eyes very very hard) that he could have watched clips of him or something. Also, did he actually say that? I only found him saying that Charlton was one of his favourite players.

It's not on the same level as Sancho saying he "obviously knows Maresca from his time at City" when those dates are 3 years apart.

You could at least imagine (if you closed your eyes very very hard) that he could have watched clips of him or something. Also, did he actually say that? I only found him saying that Charlton was one of his favourite players.

It's not on the same level as Sancho saying he "obviously knows Maresca from his time at City" when those dates are 3 years apart.
He was asked for his 5 favourite players and said C Ronaldo, Charlton, Puskas, Bellingham and Vini Jnr.

Nobody in the history of the universe has ever had that particular top 5 at the top of their all time list.

It became a bit of a meme.

He was asked for his 5 favourite players and said C Ronaldo, Charlton, Puskas, Bellingham and Vini Jnr.

Nobody in the history of the universe has ever had that particular top 5 at the top of their all time list.

It became a bit of a meme.
It's stupid indeed.

Not in the same level of stupidity as what your new player said, but it's stupid.

Why? Why would he suddenly "turn it on" at Chelsea when he didnt for us?
It happens. There's a myriad of reasons why it might work out for him at Chelsea, some have been discussed here, there's other intangible ones, there's no certainties. It was just blatantly visible that despite all our shortcomings as a team and a structure, it was just never going to happen for him at Utd. Carl Anka put it in a good way when he said that over all his time at Utd, not once did he look like a Utd player, nor can he remember a "Sancho game". And that's true, even though there's a few moments that people will remember of him, is there actually one game that he really took by the scruff of the neck and made his? Despite everything over the past years, you can mention a few of those for most other players, but none for Sancho which is damning considering the profile of player he is/is meant to be.

I honestly won't be bitter if he makes it at Chelsea, I doubt he will but he seems to have struggled with mental heath issues and it would be good for him to go on and have a decent career.

But it just wasn't going to happen with us.