Height: 180cm
Position: Attack - Left Winger / Right Winger
Foot: Right
Squad Number: #25
Player Agent: Elite Project Group Ltd
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2026
Contract Option: Option for a further year
Outfitter: Nike​

Someone must have finally broke it to him that he has to actually play football at some point

Should have scored from the Amad cut back but he's played well. Good to see.

Decent half overall and playing much more aggressively on the dribble which will be key for him. Really should've score though.

I honestly wouldn't mind how casual he is if he consistently outwitted his opponents with skill. However it's simply not the case. I'm still very doubtful he'll come good at United.

This a make or break season for him
Didn’t get to play in a Euro final, got kicked out of Utd, BVB deemed him not good enough to drop substantial cash on and is back making up with the manager he refused to apologise to.

Those kinda circumstances you have to make a decision , you put the work in or mediocrity for life. Because he definitely has the talent to be in the upper echelons.

The sprint back to stop a Rangers break was good. Best thing he did I think. Would love to see more of that gut busting going forward.

I could see him gone toward the end of the summer. Either that or he stays and won’t play much. Garnacho and Rashford are definitely ahead, I think Amad is too. Once everyone is back and fully fit, Sancho’s scrapping with Antony for bit part minutes to impress.

He’s still a pretend footballer and needs to be sold.

Was pretty good I thought.

Not everything came off for him, but I enjoyed watching his interplay with Mount and Amad, and his decision making is generally quite good - he knows when there is a play to be made and when the ball should be recycled.

On current form he's far ahead of Rashford for me. With a little bit of fire in the belly he would have been a very good footballer.

I thought Sancho was OK today.

Amad's performance on the other wing was what a really good performance looks like. Whereas Sancho was just OK. Worked hard enough off the ball and showed some decent touches and link up play. But I thought there were plenty of times where he had the ball and could have looked to attack his marker, or put in a cross, but he just took touches and then played it back or across. Whereas Amad regularly looked to drive at the defence and therefore looked, and was, much more of a threat.

It's only his first game of pre-season (though that didnt stop Amad!) and hopefully he'll look sharper and more threatening the more he plays. But considering he's often struggled to attack his markers and look threatening during his time here so far, I was hoping to see fresh signs of that this time around but I didn't see much (especially when compared to Amad on the other wing).

Talent is there and he is still youngish. I hope that he can find the right mindset now and contribute going forward.
Maybe the new guys in charge can help? Omar, Jason and Dan must all know the guy quite well i assume.

Talent is there and he is still youngish. I hope that he can find the right mindset now and contribute going forward.
Maybe the new guys in charge can help? Omar, Jason and Dan must all know the guy quite well i assume.
I appreciate you put youngish. But the commentators were going on about him still being young. And the other day a poster was calling him a 'kid'... Sancho is 24, with over 250 top flight / International games under his belt. He's an experienced player who should be in his prime years by now. I don't know why he keeps getting talked about as if he's some inexperienced youngster. Feels like Jesse Lingard all over again. :lol:

A trudging performance from an unfit-looking Sancho out to prove nothing after last season's shenanigans, or so it seems. Slowed the game down unnecessarily more often than not and should have scored from the beautiful chance Amad created. Easily the poorest 1st teamer in the 1st half. 5/10.

He looked cracking in last seasons pre-season as well. His issue has never been ability, its always been application and consistency.

Clean slate with me, we've had young lads make mistakes in the past.

Let's see if this new club direction gets the best out of him. Hopefully we see a better Sancho now.

Gets the ball , keeps it, passes it in infield. Repeat.
Yup when the intensity of the PL kicks in he’ll go back to being pointless for most of the season. He will continue to be a passive under-performer.

A trudging performance from an unfit-looking Sancho out to prove nothing after last season's shenanigans, or so it seems. Slowed the game down unnecessarily more often than not and should have scored from the beautiful chance Amad created. Easily the poorest 1st teamer in the 1st half. 5/10.
Imagine looking unfit in your first pre season game…

The whole team got played off the park last week.

I’d like us to sell Sancho but this type of analysis after his first 45 mins of pre season is unnecessary

Imagine looking unfit in your first pre season game…

The whole team got played off the park last week.

I’d like us to sell Sancho but this type of analysis after his first 45 mins of pre season is unnecessary
Obviously I have taken into account that it's his 1st preseason game and I stand by my critique. I did not fault any of the 1st teamers last week, especially their attitude (looking at Rashford who was mostly crowded out by Rosenborg).

Sancho needs to show more just like Casemiro, Mount and Amad have so far. It's about showing maturity and having the right mentality at a top club.

Good game. Showed he is going to be fit. Great business plan by United. I like the new management team.

Similar to Rashford in many ways, weaknesswise (am I using wise correctly as an adverb combining form?). Excellent technique of course. If the manager is OK with him I'm not going to stay bitter about his unprofessionalism in the past. He has an opportunity to redeem himself. Won't be my favorite, probably won't be great but at least can manage to not be one of our worst ever signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.