View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Yagami

Good post resistant
I just don't buy the two excuses he gets. That he lost motivation after receiving a massive contract, and that he couldn't live with the pressure of playing for a club of our size.

I think he was just never that good.

I hadn't watched any of him before joining us, so I trusted the fans and got hyped at the signing, but after underwhelming here for so long, I went back to watch some Dortmund stuff last year and I wasn't impressed there either. If I had seen those performances before signing him I would have been against the signing to begin with. His deficiencies were there to see then, too. Even in a weaker league he struggled to beat his full back, lacked strength to resist pressing opposition, and completely relied on having teammates being close to him to have any effect whatsoever. Yes, you need good link-up players, but those players should still be able to excel on their own in terms of when they're isolated on the pitch when needed, too, but Sancho didn't showcase any of those traits/skills, and still hasn't.

The player he was for us is no different to the one at Dortmund. It's just that his flaws got exposed here.

USREDEVIL

He's a good player but not what we thought we bought. If we ditch ETH i wouldn't mind giving him another chance. He's a bit childish to have acted that way, but presumably he'll mature. don't think he's worth much unfortunately.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Man, we've really pissed so much money down the drain signing absolute duds and bellends, with the double whammy of giving them superstar wages on top of it. Woodward and Arnold/Murtough fecked us so badly.