2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Pickle85

Print is about as relevant as we are these days. So the Sun, Guardian, etc. putting out more articles on United than on Chelsea is what's keeping our players from performing?
That's not exactly what I'm saying, but yes, the additional spotlight doesn't help. A lot have been affected by media pressure in the past. Regardless, you said that 'The only place players at united face more pressure than at other clubs is on social media.' which is demonstrably untrue. Just because you seem to hold the odd opinion that the media is irrelevant doesn't change that.

Abizzz

That's not exactly what I'm saying, but yes, the additional spotlight doesn't help. A lot have been affected by media pressure in the past. Regardless, you said that 'The only place players at united face more pressure than at other clubs is on social media.' which is demonstrably untrue. Just because you seem to hold the odd opinion that the media is irrelevant doesn't change that.
Fine. I just take exception with the idea that OT is a different type of environment than the rest of world football. A place where such pressure is exerted on the players that they can not perform. I've just seen it used as an excuse for non performing players way too often in the past decade.

sugar_kane

A. The financial benefits to United of him winning a CL.

Or

B. Or the schadenfreude-tastic vision of seeing his tears after losing a CL final.

A big fat B for me.
Absolutely B.

Dortmund are the scousers of Germany, feck them and feck Sancho.

Camilo

He looked weak and uninterested in his time here. I thought he looked completed unsuited to the rigors of English football. A guy who would do okay if things are going well but is not a fighter and would just go through the motions when the going gets tough.

His market value right now would be the highest it has been since we bought him. We need to talk with BVB (or someone else) and find a way to offload him to them. However, if they act like smart-asses and want another loan for him, then I rather have him come back and be a part of our squad. Enough of getting short changed by these clubs who take us for fools. I would rather we take some short term losses in order to show everyone that we are not to be taken lightly.
Totally agree with this. Bayern are expected to win the league, and 3 or 4 other teams are expected to scrap it out for the top 4 places. Doing better is a bonus. In the EPL, I'd argue that us, City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea all have high expectations at the beginning of every season, even if they're unrealistic. He never looked interested, and ran away at the earliest opportunity.

United might be shite, but he chose to come here. I guess it's another Zaha scenario.

Giggsy13

There should be a decent list of clubs now that will be interested in Sancho after his champions league run. Dortmund of course but likely also PSG to replace Mbappe. That plastic shithole of a club would be the perfect fit for him.

Last edited:

Abraxas

So we're a 'top club' and we couldn't get out of the group stages and 8th in the Premier League, while Dortmund aren't but are one game away from the Champions League? Makes sense.
A facile reading of what I'm saying.

The point is he struggled with the scale of this club. It's not about league position except so far as that magnifies negative attention on the club, and the players. It's about playing for Man United and the inherent difficulties within that. The fact we're playing shite makes it more difficult with respect to the club dimension not less because the scale of the club remains unchanged but everything else works against it being easy to perform. Certainly requires resilience and focus which he seems to lack.