Jack Fletcher

Prodigal7

ETH supposedly rates Jack very highly and has often included him in first team training. It's about time he had his own thread.

He's injured at the moment and having just turned 17 is not ready for any senior games yet. I have high hopes for him in the future.

There's been no information about the extent of his injury. Hopefully it's not too serious.

TheRedHearted

Howson did a video on him today saying he thinks that he will make it here. I haven’t seen much of him but he’s looked good in the bits I have managed to catch
Im a big fan of howsons videos, some here on the cafe have argued tooth and nail against him for personal reasons but never say anything about his content

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What position does he play?

dubplate warrior

Im a big fan of howsons videos, some here on the cafe have argued tooth and nail against him for personal reasons but never say anything about his content

Same. Some guy on here laughed when I brought him up but when I asked why he said it's because he comes across as very arrogant. I don't see anyone making better content than him or the boys at Stretford Paddock.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Same. Some guy on here laughed when I brought him up but when I asked why he said it's because he comes across as very arrogant. I don't see anyone making better content than him or the boys at Stretford Paddock.
Them and Utd peoples tv are both decent. They are both kind of annoying in their own ways sometimes too but anything is better than he whose name I can’t even be arsed saying

Bertie Wooster

I've certainly liked what I've seen of Jack so far. Always nice to see a creative left footed CM (I wish Guti was still playing!)

Shame he picked up an injury as that U18 team is very good to watch, and the likes of he and Lacey make it even better when they're available. Looking forward to his return, whenever that is.

Bertie Wooster

Isn’t Tyler meant to be the more talented one?
Jack looks the better one. He's a cultured, creative left footed central midfielder with good vision. I've seen less of Tyler, as he hasn't had as many U18 games, but he looks more like a hard working, defensive CM with less technical ability.

Prodigal7

Jack looks the better one. He's a cultured, creative left footed central midfielder with good vision. I've seen less of Tyler, as he hasn't had as many U18 games, but he looks more like a hard working, defensive CM with less technical ability.
Yeah agree Jack looks a little better at the moment. I’d like to see Jack further back in a busquets type role which he played previously, rather than the attacking midfielder we’ve turned him into though. I’m hoping he’s only playing as an attacking midfielder for us due to Fitzgerald and McAlister needing the deeper lying positions or perhaps the coaches want him to get experience further up the pitch to make him a more rounded player.

Bondi77

Looks like Callum Cribbin to me and I don't remember where he ended up playing.

Prodigal7

Looks like Callum Cribbin to me and I don't remember where he ended up playing.
Gribbins problems was all mentality. I think Giggs mentioned he was one of the most talented players to ever come through the academy, he just couldn’t get his head together.

Woziak

Sam at United People’s is on par, he’s a fan of their stuff too, not hyperbolic like Mark Goldberg United stand rubbish !

Ekeke

Isn’t Tyler meant to be the more talented one?
Jack has played a fair bit and has a wand of a left foot, can run with the ball and play some fantastic passes. He'd be playing game by game if he was fit

Tyler hasnt played as much and usually doesn't play the majority of a match. So far most of his appearances hes lasted less than a half

Borninthe80ts

I do like me a left footed midfielder too. For those mentioning Guti, I’ll throw in a Redondo too.

Jack is very good at creating space for me in the final third I think that’s why he has been moved forward for now. His passing from deep and vision are other traits that caught my eye.

Tyler I’ve said before will end up more like his dad I think. This isn’t a criticism as Darren was one of my favourite players, but his definitely more of a presser and more a pass a move game for what I’ve seen.

Bwuk

Always loved Fletch and thought he was criminally under rated.

Its making me feel really old to think his sons might be playing for us.

WirralRed

Always loved Fletch and thought he was criminally under rated.

Its making me feel really old to think his sons might be playing for us.
Have we had a son of a former player to play for us before? Be great if he makes it then Rooney’s lad comes through as well!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I do like me a left footed midfielder too. For those mentioning Guti, I’ll throw in a Redondo too.

Jack is very good at creating space for me in the final third I think that’s why he has been moved forward for now. His passing from deep and vision are other traits that caught my eye.

Tyler I’ve said before will end up more like his dad I think. This isn’t a criticism as Darren was one of my favourite players, but his definitely more of a presser and more a pass a move game for what I’ve seen.
Hope you capitalise on that and score more often in the future :p

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Have we had a son of a former player to play for us before? Be great if he makes it then Rooney’s lad comes through as well!
John Aston and John Aston, among others if you include the youth sector (like Wilf and Paul McGuinness, Jim and Neil Ryan, Robbie and Charlie Savage et cetera).

What makes them truly “special” is that both of them won the league with United (and John Aston Jr. additionally won the European Cup with a Man of the Match performance vs. Benfica).

WirralRed

John Aston and John Aston, among others if you include the youth sector (like Wilf and Paul McGuinness, Jim and Neil Ryan, Robbie and Charlie Savage et cetera).

What makes them truly “special” is that both of them won the league with United (and John Aston Jr. additionally won the European Cup with a Man of the Match performance vs. Benfica).

That’s really Interesting, I didn’t know about them.

OldRed1

This is the new "Fabio is supposed to be more talented than Rafael" despite never showing that.

Jack is better for now.
He actually did show it playing for the Brazil national youth team. Fabio was captain of the side and played left back so his brother could get in the team as a right back. He was also top scorer for that team. If I remember rightly he got injured after his arrivalat OT which stalled his prgress.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Off the top of my head...

Harry Stafford and Harry Stafford
John Aston and John Aston (only first team to do it)
Charlie Mitten and John/Charlie Mitten
Graham Bradley and Dave Bradley
Barry Welsh and Nicky Welsh
Brian McClair and Liam McClair
Wilf McGuinness and Paul McGuinness
Arthur Albiston and Ryan Albiston
Steve Bruce and Alex Bruce
Robbie Savage and Charlie Savage
Richie Wellens and Charlie Wellens
Ryan Giggs and Zach Giggs
Phil Neville and Harvey Neville