Is anyone else severly irritiated by Didier Drogba?

Stamford Bridge said:
Drogba, shite?

Probably. He even scored a flukey Van-Nistlerooy type goal today. Definitely not world class. ;)

Yes, he is awful. Can only thank god you haven't got any better strikers yet. Crespo is and can be lethal, but doesn't seem to be favoured by Mourinho. Jose seem to prefer these workmanlike players to the creative ones.

Taipan said:
I couldn't disagree more.

IMO Crespo is the most intelligent striker in the EPL by far, and he shows that with the runs he makes. He has had a decade playing against the most technical defences around in Italy. Not necessarily all of his runs are intended for him to get the ball. He is often creating space for those around him.

When he plays he brings the wingers into the game far more than Drogba. Drogba needs to be supplied by the wingers, but he's pretty poor at returning the service. Typically when Drogba plays the wingers are restricted in the number of opportunities they get.

But Crespo is a true footballer. Apart from being a classic finisher he'll create much more for his wingers - either by directly passing to them, or making a run wide to create more space for them. Three times in the first half against Arsenal he was able to make runs and get in position for very dangerous through ball. He just didn't have the pace to beat Toure to those balls and make something of them.
Yes, and no.

He makes intelligent runs, but it's pointless. No one finds him, and he doesn't create space for others, because there's no one else there to create space for.

He doesn't bring the wingers into the game at all, if anything, he gets in their way. He's the only one they have to look for in the middle, and he spends half his time not being in the middle.

He's a very good player, but not suited to Chelsea, just another waste of talent

AhmedDimwitson said:
Yes, he is awful. Can only thank god you haven't got any better strikers yet. Crespo is and can be lethal, but doesn't seem to be favoured by Mourinho. Jose seem to prefer these workmanlike players to the creative ones.

That Smith and van Nistlerooij, they're creative and they score lots of spectacular goals too, I spose?

Rubbish goal sums him up, better chance later on and he shows his true class.

I'd be ashamed to claim that goal to be honest.

The fecking great hulking lump of shite.

Nate said:
Rubbish goal sums him up, better chance later on and he shows his true class.

I'd be ashamed to claim that goal to be honest.

Hope you were suitably embarrassed when Garcia deigned to claim "that" goal last season that got you through to the CL Final - which never crossed the line.

;)

Stamford Bridge said:
Hope you were suitably embarrassed when Garcia deigned to claim "that" goal last season that got you through to the CL Final - which never crossed the line.

;)

At least he did actually shoot.

Stamford Bridge said:
That Smith and van Nistlerooij, they're creative and they score lots of spectacular goals too, I spose?

What a comparison, you fecking moron... Ruud vs Drogba. :wenger: One of the best strikers in the world and a player that makes Heskey look talented. Ruud has been one of the top strikers in the world for the last seasons. He is a 30 goal man / season and does generally not need 2 chances, especially not from close up. Always positioned right as well.

Drogba on the other hand is a pile of wank who was shit last year and still looks shit this year. He needs 7 - 10 chances from 2 meters to score. Nevermind scoring from distance as that is totally beyond his ability.

You compare the two because they score from close-up, you are right. Reason is somewhat different though, it is part of Ruuds game as a natural striker, positioning is key to his game, he rarely tries from a distance either. The few times Drogba scores it is obviously likely that it is from a position near the goal as he is barely able to hit the target from that distance.

AhmedDimwitson said:
You compare the two because they score from close-up, you are right. Reason is somewhat different though, it is part of Ruuds game as a natural striker, positioning is key to his game, he rarely tries from a distance either. The few times Drogba scores it is obviously likely that it is from a position near the goal as he is barely able to hit the target from that distance.

:lol: :lol:

Who's comparing Ruud and Drogba?
Someone mentioned he scored a lucky, crap and thoroughly undeserved goal on Sunday.

I just told him he was right - it was the sort of goal van Nistlerooij usually scores. Learn to read.

Sod how lucky / crap he is. The thing that makes Drogba so annoying is the fact that he whinges even more than Lehmann. And who would have thought that was possible? If I was a ref, I'd want to punch him in the mouth by the end of the game.

AhmedDimwitson said:
What a comparison, you fecking moron... Ruud vs Drogba. :wenger: One of the best strikers in the world and a player that makes Heskey look talented. Ruud has been one of the top strikers in the world for the last seasons. He is a 30 goal man / season and does generally not need 2 chances, especially not from close up. Always positioned right as well.

Drogba on the other hand is a pile of wank who was shit last year and still looks shit this year. He needs 7 - 10 chances from 2 meters to score. Nevermind scoring from distance as that is totally beyond his ability.

Drogba scores free-kicks, and i don't mean indirect ones from inside the box either.

He's not as bad as this thread suggests. Just that he's not worth 24m. How many Cl goals did he get last year by the way, i seem to remember him getting some important ones late on. Nah, he's worth abouth 7-10m for me, but not the worst striker i've ever seen.

kanchelskis14 said:
He's not as bad as this thread suggests. Just that he's not worth 24m. How many Cl goals did he get last year by the way, i seem to remember him getting some important ones late on. Nah, he's worth abouth 7-10m for me, but not the worst striker i've ever seen.

Spot on IMO

Stamford Bridge said:
Drogba, shite?

Probably. He even scored a flukey Van-Nistlerooy type goal today. Definitely not world class. ;)
Bit of a mistake comparing him to one of the great goalscoreres of this generation and europes most prolific striker.

Stamford Bridge said:
Someone mentioned he scored a lucky, crap and thoroughly undeserved goal on Sunday.

I just told him he was right - it was the sort of goal van Nistlerooij usually scores. Learn to read.
Ruud scores undeserved goals??
So goal poachers score goals they dont deserve? Great theory that.. Bad man that ruud, so many goals, didnt deserves any of them. :wenger:

Stamford Bridge said:
:lol: :lol:

Who's comparing Ruud and Drogba?

Does Ruud usually score Lucky or undeserved goals. Can't remember that many to be fair.

amolbhatia100 said:
Ruud scores undeserved goals??
So goal poachers score goals they dont deserve? Great theory that.. Bad man that ruud, so many goals, didnt deserves any of them. :wenger:

Yes.

Like he scored an undeserved one against Villa. Not that United didn't deserve it. Ruud didn't deserve it. he was pretty much cack in that match.

Looking Busy said:
Does Ruud usually score Lucky or undeserved goals. Can't remember that many to be fair.
Basically stamford thinks that any scored from close range is undeserved.

Stamford Bridge said:
Yes.

Like he scored an undeserved one against Villa. Not that United didn't deserve it. Ruud didn't deserve it. he was pretty much cack in that match.
What a shite theory. You need your head checked. Hes a pure goalscorer, thats his role, and he does it better than anyone else.

Ruud was very good against Villa, most of our attacks started with the ball being played to him, so he could hold it up for others to get foward.
Why does no-one seem to notice how well Ruud can hold up the ball? It's the main part of his game

noodlehair said:
Ruud was very good against Villa, most of our attacks started with the ball being played to him, so he could hold it up for others to get foward.
Why does no-one seem to notice how well Ruud can hold up the ball? It's the main part of his game

Because most people are idiots noodle.

Drogba might not be a £24million striker but he is a good player. I got a compilation of him and he scores with his head, both feet, long range, close range and scores freekicks himself...There are'nt many strikers that can say they can do that. Sure, his first touch is heavy but Saha's even worse, in fact, there are a host of players in the EPL that have worst first touches.

I don't quite understand why people whine so much about him. He irritates me because he's a whining twat...and it seems the people here who calls him a whining twat are whining twats themselves!

Why the feck should we care for Chelski's strikers? Let's worry about our own!

Taipan said:
I couldn't disagree more.

IMO Crespo is the most intelligent striker in the EPL by far, and he shows that with the runs he makes. He has had a decade playing against the most technical defences around in Italy. Not necessarily all of his runs are intended for him to get the ball. He is often creating space for those around him.

When he plays he brings the wingers into the game far more than Drogba. Drogba needs to be supplied by the wingers, but he's pretty poor at returning the service. Typically when Drogba plays the wingers are restricted in the number of opportunities they get.

But Crespo is a true footballer. Apart from being a classic finisher he'll create much more for his wingers - either by directly passing to them, or making a run wide to create more space for them. Three times in the first half against Arsenal he was able to make runs and get in position for very dangerous through ball. He just didn't have the pace to beat Toure to those balls and make something of them.

I agree that Crespo is much better footballer than Drogba, but in Italy he mostly played with a striking partner. At Chelsea, as the lone striker, he stretches the play on a counter by showing himself on the wings, but most often doesn't get the support to play with or have the pace to run by the defender. Drogba on the other hand tends to play the outlet ball down the middle and has been IMO a bit fortunate to get the goals against Arsenal.

Having said that, it doesn't appear that either of them being prolific in the premiership is necessarily important for you guys winning games.

noodlehair said:

He does hold the ball up very well.

When he is at his best, that is, which he hasn't been for near two seasons now.
Against Villa he lost the ball loads of times, including one when Villa were pressing (they were a goal down) and he got the ball off a quick counterattack. Had a defender behind him, tried to do a clever turn and discovered he'd left the ball behind.

Yep, reminds me of Drogba alright. ;)

I entered the Sun Dreamteam fantasy league this year with 300k up for grabs.

My forward line is Defoe Rooney Drogba.

VDS in goals and my entire defence is made up with Arsenal and Spurs.

Let's just say I'm quietly confident of a result somewhere along the line.

I'm currently 15,000 and something, but thats out of over a million and I'm only playing with ten men at the minute.

Next week I'll be in the top thousand and then some.

Stamford Bridge said:
Yes.

and you my friend are an expert on cack developed by years of mouthing it and watching the Rent Boys

he is a cnut...but most of the posts in this thread are utter ballsack. i agree he cant pass to save his life though

Stamford Bridge said:
Yes.

Ruud didn't have a great match but he didn't have a bad one either. His movement is very good, he held the ball up excellently on a number of occassions. The thing is a lot of Ruud's play can get overlooked because of Rooney

Stamford Bridge said:
Against Villa he lost the ball loads of times, including one when Villa were pressing (they were a goal down) and he got the ball off a quick counterattack. Had a defender behind him, tried to do a clever turn and discovered he'd left the ball behind.
He did, but hes getting there, hes slowly getting close to his best, which would be a scary thought for premiership defenders. Hes beginning to get goals which is what hes all about. And that incident your talking about.. was that the move in which he back healed it to ronaldo, who took the ball forward but whose shot was blocked??

Ruud is getting back to his best, he hardly scores fluke goals, according to you every goal he scores is undeserves, just shows how clueless you are.