Irish Politics

It’s just an annoying bolt on tax. If we want our progressive taxation to be more progressive then change the bands on PAYE (or capital gains, or whatever) Creating a whole new type of tax out of thin air is a pain in the hole. The USC was supposed to be a short term measure and is lingering around like fart in a lift.
No government will ever get rid though, it would create a massive black hole in finances, it generates billions. So they might, as you say, shuffle the naming around so it's no longer called USC but that's about it.

Anyway, feck FFG, shower a cnuts, voting Shinners, even though they probably won't be any better.

No government will ever get rid though, it would create a massive black hole in finances, it generates billions. So they might, as you say, shuffle the naming around so it's no longer called USC but that's about it.

Anyway, feck FFG, shower a cnuts, voting Shinners, even though they probably won't be any better.
On the off chance you’re paying by the word, I think you can safely bin that one.

If, at the very least, it woke FFG up a bit, then fine. As it stands it seems we are polling towards another FFG gubberment, though.
Aye. Beyond grim. I’ve been voting Green for years now, purely based on my growing existential panic about my kids’ future. Tb be fair to FF, though, they’ve given it their best shot to blow up the country well before global warming does.

Aye. Beyond grim. I’ve been voting Green for years now, purely based on my growing existential panic about my kids’ future. Tb be fair to FF, though, they’ve given it their best shot to blow up the country well before global warming does.
I think the Greens get a bit of a bad rep, yeah the carbon tax is a bit of a ballache but they're the only ones in power who've actually pushed through new infrastructure projects. Eamonn Ryan (the ride) has done some good stuff. The local bus routes around Sligo are leagues and leagues ahead of what they are ten years ago (which is to say there's like.. three now instead of none, but still!)

Same. Even though my local Greens councillor boils my piss. Don’t want to vote for FF/FG and am absolutely certain that a Sinn Fein government will be a train wreck.

Have to laugh at this so called 'Mansion tax' added into stamp duty, 1.5m barely gets you a 4 bed semi-d with a garden in half of Dublin :lol:

The officials told POLITICO the lawmaker had been recruited in 2019 as Russia sought to inflame Brexit-related tensions between Ireland and the U.K., particularly in the U.K. region of Northern Ireland.

iu

Sinn Fein having a well timed implosion with a general election around the corner.

Great job Mary Lou.

Well, those nonces weren't going to write their own references, were they?
Look, we all know the first rule of Sinn Fein club, you do not criticise the leadership.

The "leadership" might not be people who've literally disappeared people anymore, but the same rules should still apply.

Sinn Fein in meltdown, may change their political stance to a less noncentral position.