Internationals October (Nations League + Euro 2021 play-offs + Friendlies)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's got his limits for sure but it's pretty obvious that he brings an awful lot to a side. Used correctly he is incredibly effective.
Agreed and particularly true for France.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
When are they thinking of even playing the nations league finals? I assumed March but seems world cup qualifiers are starting then.

Think last time was June 2019 but the euros are starting then unless it's used as a warm up event (probably makes sense as they'd just be playing 2-3 friendlies instead).

Paul_Scholes18

When are they thinking of even playing the nations league finals? I assumed March but seems world cup qualifiers are starting then.

Think last time was June 2019 but the euros are starting then unless it's used as a warm up event (probably makes sense as they'd just be playing 2-3 friendlies instead).
No bloody idea. Feels there is too many games. I assume they put those teams in groups with less teams again?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I really don't get the negativity against Southgate. He has done a good job as the England manager.
Who else would do any better?
I don't get the support for a coach in the most sophisticated league in the world, with the talent coming from the U20 world cup winners and also some good senior players but chooses to play defensive tactics against the likes of Iceland and Denmark. Capello and to a certain extent Sven got pilloried for the same.

I just get the impression that he's a good political appointment for the FA. a media darling who is articulate and really lacking in any coaching nous

Panther

October 2021

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
about United go all out for Didier Deschamps as manager?

With Euros and World Cup to participate in over next 20 Months, he probably wouldn’t come before 2022/3 season.

But he could be amazing as well as attracting lots of top French talents.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
They're allowed to foul as much as they want apparently... what is going on

We're playing well though, boring game but a draw is a good result

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I wish UEFA would start a serious pitch quality control protocol

This pitch in gdansk is a potato field :wenger:

dev1l

They're allowed to foul as much as they want apparently... what is going on

We're playing well though, boring game but a draw is a good result
True. That hernandez guy is a foul machine

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
A lot of talent in the two teams, but the game isnt very eventful.

Dudu

Such a dull game.

Barely any shots from either side and ton of fouls.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Also @duffer what the feck did you guys do to jorginho anyways, he used to be such a good player :lol:

Brand New Gobbo missed an open goal tap in from 5 yards out. We're better but not by that much and the pitch makes this closer to beach football than anything...

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
True. That hernandez guy is a foul machine
Kante ending the half without a yellow card is a miracle :lol:

Perfect example of a ref making a game more boring, we'd have a lot more space to attack if he'd given the obvious yellow cards they deserved. Instead there's a foul every time we attack

Deery

Dreary
Think the match is pretty good a lot of fast counters and good effort from both sides.

Feels like a Ronaldo goal is incoming

JPRouve

Scout
Kante ending the half without a yellow card is a miracle :lol:

Perfect example of a ref making a game more boring, we'd have a lot more space to attack if he'd given the obvious yellow cards they deserved. Instead there's a foul every time we attack
Careful now, Ruben Dias shouldn't be on the field. ;)

Deery

Dreary
Any sign of Pogba starting to get his legs back?
Starting to get a bit better but was caught wrong side a couple of times. His passing has been better and actually showing a lot of effort

JPRouve

Scout
Thought a yellow was fair, no? It was a tough one but there was no intent
In what world elbowing someone isn't a red? There was all the intent in the world, he led with his elbow from start to finish. And it wasn't an aerial duel.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I'd like to see Cancelo for Semedo since France are giving a lot of space to our fullbacks but I'm not sure Santos will trust Cancelo defensively against Mbappe

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'd like to see Cancelo for Semedo since France are giving a lot of space to our fullbacks but I'm not sure Santos will trust Cancelo defensively against Mbappe
But he trusts Semedo???? :eek:

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Also @duffer what the feck did you guys do to jorginho anyways, he used to be such a good player :lol:

Brand New Gobbo missed an open goal tap in from 5 yards out. We're better but not by that much and the pitch makes this closer to beach football than anything...
Wtf was he like before.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
In what world elbowing someone isn't a red? There was all the intent in the world, he led with his elbow from start to finish. And it wasn't an aerial duel.
He's off balance going for the ball and Giroud is moving in the opposite direction. It was a foul and it was dangerous but a red would have been way too harsh

JPRouve

Scout
He's off balance going for the ball and Giroud is moving in the opposite direction. It was a foul and it was dangerous but a red would have been way too harsh
His balance was perfectly fine and his elbow has nothing to do there and he actually hits him, it's not a clash.

steffyr2

France/Portugal is being played at a walking pace.

I haven't seen Ronaldo play in a while -- he looks slow, but so does Pogba, Mbappe and everyone else.... except, Pepe looks speedy. So does Varane.