Internationals March (Euro Qualifiers + Friendlies)

Poor and inexperienced England side getting punished - no idea why he has picked that team - screams arrogance to me.

I like Southgate but I've said it before.

His refusal to pick Smalling, and instead picking shite like Keane is just baffling.

Meh. We're going to qualify from this group easily regardless. Still think we'll win tonight.

Keane and Tarkowski over Smalling is criminal but im sure Southgate knows best

You look at how crap Everton's defence has been all season and England have 2 of their back line starting. Keane is awful.

This is ridiculous. I've never seen time wasting like this and we're in the 15th minute :lol:

Poor and inexperienced England side getting punished - no idea why he has picked that team - screams arrogance to me.

Who else should he have picked? There's a fair few injuries.

Smalling can't pass for shit and for some reason Gareth wants players that can pass at the back.

Joe Gomes will walk back into that team. John Stones is better than Keane as well.

No question about that. They should probably be the starting defenders.

Question is how does Keane / Tarkowski get ahead of Smalling? Arguably even Maguire for me.

Who else should he have picked? There's a fair few injuries.

He is playing a kid who hasn't even started for his club yet - absolutely insane stuff for an away International against a reasonable opponent. That's England stuff of old and it's really not good.

No question about that. They should probably be the starting defenders.

Question is how does Keane / Tarkowski get ahead of Smalling? Arguably even Maguire for me.
Southgate is probably wants his CB to play a certain way and he said Smalling can't. He would need to swallow his pride to pick Smalling again.

I know Smalling's passing can be shit but even LVG could put that aside. Southgate's refusal to get past this is weird.