Inaugural 'Predict our goal difference at the end of the season' challenge

Considering Ten Hag will be binned by December it's hard to say, we might see an improvement after he's gone.

Hopeful expectation: F 67, A 49 = +18 and 72pts
Realistic expectation: F 61 A 55 = +6 and 62pts

Far too early to call. We have had two very difficult games in the first 3. I still think we could and should have beaten Brighton.
Liverpool thrash us every season so no change there.

I will guess to look back on at the end of season.
+11

- something and relegation if ETH isn't binned soon.

Did I do it right?

There’s a lot of factors in this. After a few games and with players coming back and new ones bedded in, it could either be better, or the same. If the manager stays, or is swapped, this also makes a difference.
Saying that surely we won’t be as bad as last season, so I am going to be positive and on a hunch, +20

Around +10, which is such a massive disappointment, given that some of our opponents score for fun.

-3 if he lasts the season.
+18 if he goes soon enough

I'm typically a pessimist but my prediction is that we'll get it together a bit and wind up finishing a little better off than last season.

Going to say +5 with 60 goals scored.

Ten Haag will chance upon a balanced setup
2 of garnacho/hoijlund/rashford/bruno/amad will hit a scoring form. Close to 15-20 goals this season

+14 with Ten Hag

Now that we're at -3, will ETH be up to the monumental task of turning this around and finishing on a positive goal difference, or is that a step too far for this group?

For reference, these are our most recent results:

23/24: -1
22/23: 15
21/22: 0
20/21: 29

On form, we're 50/50 to end up with a positive goal difference.

The eternal optimist that I am, I'm prediciting we beat the spread and end on a massive +1
+15 is unacceptable. I don't have words to describe 0 and -1 for Manchester United

I love your optimism.

Ill say with Ten Hag we wont get better than +12 and thats being super optimistic.

If we had Tuchel we will win a bunch of games 1-0 so goal difference wont be very high but we will have a lot more points.

We will be around evens or - 1 with Ten Hag.

We might drop below 8th place this year as well, I see a drop in individual moments that saved the teams ass last year.

This is all quite obvious and in line with our performances under Ten Hag, it's always possible that he comes good, but that's just living in hope compared to the current reality.