Film Im going to watch Aliens

Alien was the best. Such a haunting film. Aliens is great but it kind of reduces the Alien from an unstoppable bioweapon (which was the original intention/implication of the first film) to a bug that can be shot down pretty easily.

Alien 3 had flaws but was very gloomy and not a bad film. Resurrection was ....urgghh!

Prometheus was another film that had flaws but it was interesting and original and it set up a storyline that could have been fun; Sadly Alien fans didn't like it and we got Alien Covenant as a sequel :(

Prometheus would have been fine if they'd spent even a little bit of time making sure the plot wasn't absolutely terrible.

Alien was the best. Such a haunting film. Aliens is great but it kind of reduces the Alien from an unstoppable bioweapon (which was the original intention/implication of the first film) to a bug that can be shot down pretty easily.

Alien 3 had flaws but was very gloomy and not a bad film. Resurrection was ....urgghh!

Prometheus was another film that had flaws but it was interesting and original and it set up a storyline that could have been fun; Sadly Alien fans didn't like it and we got Alien Covenant as a sequel :(
I think Prometheus is quite dreadful and it's nothing to do with being an Alien fan.

Prometheus would have been fine if they'd spent even a little bit of time making sure the plot wasn't absolutely terrible.
I think Prometheus is quite dreadful and it's nothing to do with being an Alien fan.
It had faults in my opinion but there were some great ideas, some really good characters (David and Elizabeth) and I loved the exploration angle, the music and the visuals. It was just ruined by some very poor editing/writing choices. This extended scene in particular should have been in the film IMO

It had faults in my opinion but there were some great ideas, some really good characters (David and Elizabeth) and I loved the exploration angle, the music and the visuals. It was just ruined by some very poor editing/writing choices. This extended scene in particular should have been in the film IMO

The basic ideas that they wanted to explore were both ambitious and interesting but the writing and editing choices are so bad that it's about as profound as a sixth form essay written after a heavy skunk session. The science vs. faith aspect is so terribly handled in particular that it had me bridling with irritation throughout.

Fassbender is indeed tremendous but that's all to do with Fassbender.

Should've been great. What a trailer. Never been so disappointed by a film before or since.

I rewatched Prometheus the other night, it was probably worse than I remember

The plot is a shambles and the characters are rubbish, and it somehow already feels more dated than Alien

Should've been great. What a trailer. Never been so disappointed by a film before or since.
To be honest, the music and editing of the trailer was another big mistake and set it up for a disappointment. It made it seem like we were getting a horror film in line with Alien but with maybe some 'philosophical' stuff in there. In reality it was meant to be more the opposite; other than that one medpod scene there really was no horror in it at all and it was about origins and creation. The music in the trailer was great but it just didn't match up to the actual film's tone.

I still liked it overall though, faults and all, and I enjoyed speculating where they were going with it ....and then Alien Covenant happened :(

To be honest, the music and editing of the trailer was another big mistake and set it up for a disappointment. It made it seem like we were getting a horror film in line with Alien but with maybe some 'philosophical' stuff in there. In reality it was meant to be more the opposite; other than that one medpod scene there really was no horror in it at all and it was about origins and creation. The music in the trailer was great but it just didn't match up to the actual film's tone.

I still liked it overall though, faults and all, and I enjoyed speculating where they were going with it ....and then Alien Covenant happened :(
The music (which is great) and editing of the trailer is the only entertainment Prometheus gave me. I see no reason why horror and philosophy couldn't have been comfortable bed fellows and, to be honest, my expectation was simply that we'd get a great film, given Scott's previous sci-fi outings, and not the shambles we received.

I must say though that I preferred the idea of the alien simply being a lethal hunter honed by natural selection. The manipulation and exploitation of nature by man for profit at all costs is more interesting to me than the pseudo-Hancockian direction they went in.

I've never seen Covenant as an aside as I disliked Prometheus and Resurrection so just haven't bothered.

The music (which is great) and editing of the trailer is the only entertainment Prometheus gave me. I see no reason why horror and philosophy couldn't have been comfortable bed fellows and, to be honest, my expectation was simply that we'd get a great film, given Scott's previous sci-fi outings, and not the shambles we received.

I must say though that I preferred the idea of the alien simply being a lethal hunter honed by natural selection. The manipulation and exploitation of nature by man for profit at all costs is more interesting to me than the pseudo-Hancockian direction they went in.

I've never seen Covenant as an aside as I disliked Prometheus and Resurrection so just haven't bothered.
Prometheus was a huge wasted opportunity to produce something great, like pulling funding for Kubrick’s Napoléon movie.

Romulus was the best Alien film in a while I thought. Went in with low expectations but enjoyed it a lot.

Still my favourite film franchise.

Romulus was the best Alien film in a while I thought. Went in with low expectations but enjoyed it a lot.

Still my favourite film franchise.
I really enjoyed Romulus. Wasn't exactly a game changer in the canon but was recently acted, taut and tense AF and had a bunch of nods to previous films to keep fans entertained. Solid four star film for me.

Watches Romulus last night and thought it was shit although it has to be said the main actors did a decent performance.

There's just no surprise, suspense or scare to them anymore. When the Aliens are so easily defeated or the main protagonist comes up with a genius solution every time then it gets boring quickly.