How was Ruud van Nistelrooy’s time at Real Madrid?

He was incredible in the Capello season, essentially the second most important figure who won us the league

Second season started the same and then he started picking up injuries and he dropped several levels and then was gone after losing his place to Higuain
Out of curiosity, who was the first? A long time ago, and probably biased but I thought he was clearly Real’s best player in Capello’s season and essentially Madrid’s entire attack was him.

I also remember him starting as good the second season, but then injuries happened and the next time I remember him is getting subbed for C Ronaldo once before leaving (that happened, right?)

Was he close to finished at Hamburg? How did he fare in Germany? Madrid had a habit of picking up our strikers, Ruud and Chicharito. Even Adebayor used to play for them
Think he sort of was. He also regretted the move instantly if I remember correctly and was linked back to Madrid during the winter break.

He did still score a few goals.

I thought his game changed/evolved after he went to Real Madrid. He seemed to more involved in the build up and creating opportunities for his teammates, and still scoring goals. More complete player... but we were doing very well and Saha was great for our playing style at the time, so no regrets...

I remember him being decent and like somebody from previous comments said, it wasn't some memorable part of his career, but he was OK.