View full 2017-18 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Rashford is more unpredictable, which is bad for opponents and bad for teammates. Martial is much more predictable and collaborative.

Isn't that wilfully missing the point? You were baffled he wasn't taken off. He quickly showed why that was a good decision. Isn't it just easier to admit that than continue to trick yourself with a false narrative?

What false narrative. He played poorly but showed he can make decisive contributions. Those aren't mutually exclusive points. Rooney made the latter half of his United career out of that.

Fair enough on Jose for trusting him. I still think many defences of him remind me of Arsenal fans and Ozil.

What false narrative. He played poorly but showed he can make decisive contributions. Those aren't mutually exclusive points. Rooney made the latter half of his United career out of that.

Fair enough on Jose for trusting him. I still think many defences of him remind me of Arsenal fans and Ozil.

Decisive contributions are a crucial part of an attacking players' performance and seperating them out is silly.

He displayed today why you can't sub him off even though he is lacklustre for a stretch. Mata is equally good but Mkhi has the bonus of being brilliant on the counter, something Mata won't be.

We scored 8 goals in 2 games, Mkhi assisted half of them and if you read this thread you'd think he is shite :lol:

He had a fine game even before the assists. In fact, he was good all game. His movement, turns and passing were always threatening to make something happen. In some games something will come of it, in others nothing. That's football.

What are the rubbish comments ? It's becoming obvious that he doesn't offer enough in tight matches. Dire for 80 mins, then he pops up with two mint assists in the space of 2 mins today.
Youvr been negative in this thr
What are the rubbish comments ? It's becoming obvious that he doesn't offer enough in tight matches. Dire for 80 mins, then he pops up with two mint assists in the space of 2 mins today.
Amazing these 90 minute games. I bet you didn't experience the Fergie years. Support the team for 90 mins at least

Another two assists, which is excellent, but just like I said last week, I want more from him. Before we scored that second goal, he was pretty quiet, but if he can continue to help in killing teams off like he did today, then fair play to him. Four assists in two games is not too shabby.

I was saying he needs to impose himself in games more but feck me, 4 assists in 2 games i can't argue with/against

The reactions in this thread are ridiculous. He was poor in the 1st half against West Ham. Aside from that he's ranged from fine to excellent and has 4 assists to show for it.

I also think he plays better with Martial on the pitch more than Rashford, but that's based on a samall sample.

You'd said before the season started that a good season for him would be getting 10-15 assists, well on the way to that already.

A lot of assists but seems to go large spells doing a whole lot of nothing. Almost as he's playing within himself. Still would start him though

Very quiet and underwhelming for the most part, but his vision for the two assists was world class.

2nd assists was class to be fair. he too is a moments player. will fustrate you most of the game then pull out magic moments. We just need some consistent players around them, like a Pirlo, Xavi Zidane types who you can rely on to dominate the full 90.

A poor performance for 80 minutes but then he exploded with 2 assists to add to his 2 from the first game. Really don't know what to make of him. There's obvious quality there and with 4 assists in 2 games it's hard to argue against his productivity, yet it still feels like he doesn't influence tight games enough. This should do wonders for his confidence in any case. Let's hope he can add a goal for himself soon.

Decisive contributions are a crucial part of an attacking players' performance and seperating them out is silly.

Why is it silly? Mhki was being bumped about like he was in a dodgem and was losing the ball a lot. Those aren't the hallmarks of a great performance. Say Rashford had ultimately scored today, would that have made the rest of his performance fine?

I don't get this criticism that for 70mins he was crap and then 20mins he was great. It was a slog out there for everyone and Clement set Swansea up to stop all play through the middle (making Mkhi's life a nightmare).

He's not Messi, he's not going to beat two men and score a worldy - he's the Armenian spy, slinking and probing around the box and he showed it today. Linked play well, two assists and maybe should have done better when he made space for that shot on his right.

When there is space he is exquisite. He is like David Silva in that he can see a pass.

It is when there is no space, where he struggles.

I don't get this criticism that for 70mins he was crap and then 20mins he was great. It was a slog out there for everyone and Clement set Swansea up to stop all play through the middle (making Mkhi's life a nightmare).

He's not Messi, he's not going to beat two men and score a worldy - he's the Armenian spy, slinking and probing around the box and he showed it today. Linked play well, two assists and maybe should have done better when he made space for that shot on his right.

This.

Wasn't his best game but he's proving his importance. Even when he's not good, he always grab an assist or a goal or at least create the most dangerous chance. That's why he can't be removed from the pitch.

A lot of assists but seems to go large spells doing a whole lot of nothing. Almost as he's playing within himself. Still would start him though

The difference between the last ten minutes and the previous 80 was that there was no space, as in there was defenders all around him. This makes it more difficult to control the ball and play a pass.

Getting that first goal away from home is crucial.

Get a grip people. He was MOTM!! He's our most creative player and long may it continue. That assist to Pogba was quality. Hoping he has a similar season to his last Dortmund season.

thought he was excellent today

If he can be like Ozil then sign me the feck up.

He struggles against compact defences which is unfortunately what we come up against a lot of the time. Showed at the end how good he is once opponents open up a bit though.

Players like him don`t have it easy against packed defenses. Give him some space and he is Splitting defenses left and right. Lovely Player.

Why is it silly? Mhki was being bumped about like he was in a dodgem and was losing the ball a lot. Those aren't the hallmarks of a great performance. Say Rashford had ultimately scored today, would that have made the rest of his performance fine?

It's pretty obvious why it's silly.

The way we evaluate overall performances is based on the performance in differently weighted individual attributes. For a player like Mkhitaryan the highest weighted attribute, by a significant margin, is creating goals. Losing the ball frequently is of the lowest attribute attributes. It might be annoying but it doesn't count for much.

Playing a significant role in killing off the game means he was one of the most influential players on the pitch - there can't be any question of that. Which is why any objective performance rating, quantitative or qualitative in nature, will rate Mkhitaryan as one of the best players.

Nobody had it easy until Swansea stopped defending with 11 players. Eventually he'll get the space he needs and performs just like he did at Dortmund. 4 assists already!

Can't see how anyone to me could say he was poor. I thought he was brilliant without the ball creating spaces and when he got the ball his contribution is there for all to see.

Was up there with Jones as MOTM for me, has to start everyweek.

Really made his presence known in the last 15 minutes when Swansea opened up in search for an equalizer and provided 2 great assists to Lukaku and Pogba.

He just needs to be more influential when he doesn't have that much space to work with. It's much more difficult, but we need his creativity to break teams down.

The way we evaluate overall performances is based on the performance in differently weighted individual attributes. For a player like Mkhitaryan the highest weighted attribute, by a significant margin, is creating goals. Losing the ball frequently is of the lowest attribute attributes. It might be annoying but it doesn't count for much.

Playing a significant role in killing off the game means he was one of the most influential players on the pitch - there can't be any question of that. Which is why any objective performance rating, quantitative or qualitative in nature, will rate Mkhitaryan as one of the best players.

It's really amazes me that this even needs to be explained.

No need to continue this is there?

Im critical of Miki but he was VERY good today. Keep it up!

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.