Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

26 goals is unbelievable

in Van Persie’s great season here he scored 26.

Without counting precisely, Kane’s total goals this season will probably be the double of the average our topscorer has scored in Premier League since Van Persie.

Bruno, Ronaldo 18,
Zlatan, Rooney 17
Lukaku 16
Pogba 13
Rooney 12
Martial 11

He’s 29, Bottler, English, no pace, bad ankles though.

Why not? Rashford can be our main ST then. Buy a young cheap talented backup for Rasford and save oney. Son could play as a false 9 if needed.

But then we need a reliable winger. We've spent 80m on two at the moment who range from average to occasional skills.

26 goals is unbelievable

in Van Persie’s great season here he scored 26.

Without counting precisely, Kane’s total goals this season will probably be the double of the average our topscorer has scored in Premier League since Van Persie.

Bruno, Ronaldo 18,
Zlatan, Rooney 17
Lukaku 16
Pogba 13
Rooney 12
Martial 11

It's always weird with Kane.

On one hand 26 goals is pretty amazing, for this version of him, much older and less mobile than the "peak" Kane. But that peak Kane scored 29 two season's running.
So he could actually match that whilst hanging about on the half way line for increasing amounts of time.

Assume the pen count is higher this year though. Maybe someone can do the stats?

I hope he stays for another season and I think he will - 209 league goals in 317 appearances is just an incredible record and now just over 50 goals from Shearer's record. Most headed league goals in one season as well with that goal today. He scores every type of goal, with either foot and clearly outstanding in the air as well. I honestly think he doesn't get the credit he deserves in this country.
If Levy wants insane money then I hope he stays with you for another season too. If Kane wants Shearer's record and wants a shot at winning trophies then I can only think of United and (possibly) Newcastle as clubs he'd leave Spurs for. Liverpool and City wouldn't want him, Arsenal is an obvious no. Chelsea? I'd be very surprised.

He's got to come to Old Trafford eventually, preferably on a free transfer :D

It's always weird with Kane.

On one hand 26 goals is pretty amazing, for this version of him, much older and less mobile than the "peak" Kane. But that peak Kane scored 29 two season's running.
So he could actually match that whilst hanging about on the half way line for increasing amounts of time.

Assume the pen count is higher this year though. Maybe someone can do the stats?

4 penalty goals this season, so not really. 5 penaltygoals in 16/17 and 2 in 17/18.

people just need to realize he’s a really good player and he scores a shitton of goals even though he doesnt have Mbappé-pace.

its also quite interesting that people go to great lengths to make it sound like he would not be a great fit for us, when we haven’t had a great goalscorer for 10 years.

“Yeah but he’s slow”

Last edited:
4 penalty goals this season, so not really. 5 penaltygoals in 16/17 and 2 in 17/18.

people just need to realize he’s a really good player and he scores a shitton of goals even though he doesnt have Mbappé-pace.

its also quite interesting that people go to great lengths to make it sound like he would not be a great fit for us, when we haven’t had a great goalscorer for 10 years.

“Yeah but he’s slow”
I really don't care about pace, I'm a big Berbatov fan and he had less I think, or at least similar. I do think Spurs has been built around him and in a bigger team that wouldn't happen.

I hope he stays for another season and I think he will - 209 league goals in 317 appearances is just an incredible record and now just over 50 goals from Shearer's record. Most headed league goals in one season as well with that goal today. He scores every type of goal, with either foot and clearly outstanding in the air as well. I honestly think he doesn't get the credit he deserves in this country.
I think he will as well. I'm sure he backs himself that people will still be interested next summer if he continues scoring. He either leaves you in a lurch now by leaving with the manager change over - probably for not as much as he's worth or runs his contract down, whilst still contributing heavily to the club. If you're still in the shit by end of next season, don't think anyone can begrudge him leaving on a free.

I think he will as well. I'm sure he backs himself that people will still be interested next summer if he continues scoring. He either leaves you in a lurch now by leaving with the manager change over - probably for not as much as he's worth or runs his contract down, whilst still contributing heavily to the club. If you're still in the shit by end of next season, don't think anyone can begrudge him leaving on a free.

Hanging around to leave on a free wouldn’t be Kane acting in Spurs’ best interests. I’d expect him to work with Levy this summer to obtain a move for decent money to a club Kane is happy to move to. The club then benefits by getting a decent fee that they can reinvest and Kane gets a chance to win things, which isn’t happening at Spurs next season.

Hanging around to leave on a free wouldn’t be Kane acting in Spurs’ best interests. I’d expect him to work with Levy this summer to obtain a move for decent money to a club Kane is happy to move to. The club then benefits by getting a decent fee that they can reinvest and Kane gets a chance to win things, which isn’t happening at Spurs next season.
Leaving them now, when no one is going to pay a decent fee for you isn't though. He is clearly a £100m+ player by value, but no one is going to pay that. What use is any less than that trying to replace their all time top goalscorer? It's probably a similar situation to when Ronaldo left us, you need a world record fee to make it even slightly worth it. Add to the fact if people move on this summer to other targets, they may think they have a chance of him re-signing come the summer -provided the new boss points them in the right direction.

What is good for Kane is largely irrelevant, as Levy clearly puts the clubs interest above Kanes, which is why he's still where he is.

I think we get a couple of good seasons out of him at least while the motivation is there to beat that record.

Kane is chasing Shearer’s record. He won’t take any move for granted. Him chasing personal goals/achievements is never a bad thing. Madrid did alright when Ronaldo was doing that.

I think as long as it’s below £75m, I’d get him.

Leaving them now, when no one is going to pay a decent fee for you isn't though. He is clearly a £100m+ player by value, but no one is going to pay that. What use is any less than that trying to replace their all time top goalscorer? It's probably a similar situation to when Ronaldo left us, you need a world record fee to make it even slightly worth it. Add to the fact if people move on this summer to other targets, they may think they have a chance of him re-signing come the summer -provided the new boss points them in the right direction.

What is good for Kane is largely irrelevant, as Levy clearly puts the clubs interest above Kanes, which is why he's still where he is.

He isn’t re-signing for them so anyone thinking that needs a reality check. Even aside from the fact that they are poor and getting worse, there’s the small matter of Levy basically betraying his trust over the last contract. He’s either leaving for £75m/£80m or so this Summer or nothing next year. The former is a far better outcome for Spurs than the latter.

He isn’t re-signing for them so anyone thinking that needs a reality check. Even aside from the fact that they are poor and getting worse, there’s the small matter of Levy basically betraying his trust over the last contract. He’s either leaving for £75m/£80m or so this Summer or nothing next year. The former is a far better outcome for Spurs than the latter.
He isn't leaving for £75-80m, especially to someone in the prem, so we're in agreement - he'll leave on a free next year. The former isn't a better outcome if he goes to someone in the league.

He isn't leaving for £75-80m, especially to someone in the prem, so we're in agreement - he'll leave on a free next year. The former isn't a better outcome if he goes to someone in the league.

Of course it is. He’s going to someone in the league either this summer or next and Spurs have no hope of competing for the league next year regardless. £75-£80m is enough for them to get someone like Ferguson, who may well be the next Kane in a few years. It’s exactly the type of business someone as smart as Levy should be planning.

Of course it is. He’s going to someone in the league either this summer or next and Spurs have no hope of competing for the league next year regardless. £75-£80m is enough for them to get someone like Ferguson, who may well be the next Kane in a few years. It’s exactly the type of business someone as smart as Levy should be planning.

On what evidence do you base that on?

So because they're not going to compete for the league, they should just sell Kane for a discount? Get real. We're still miles away from winning the league and a top 4 rival for Spurs, why on earth would they do is a favour and then considerably weaken themselves?

Delusional if you think they'd sell Ferguson for that much - they rejected that sort of money for Caicedo.

So because they're not going to compete for the league, they should just sell Kane for a discount? Get real. We're still miles away from winning the league and a top 4 rival for Spurs, why on earth would they do is a favour and then considerably weaken themselves?

Delusional if you think they'd sell Ferguson for that much - they rejected that sort of money for Caicedo.

They aren’t selling Kane at a discount. They are selling him for what he’s worth, having got themselves into a situation where he leaves for free in one more year. It’s pure economics that selling him this summer is the way to go. Even currently the talk is that they’ll sell him for £100m and, if that’s the starting position, he’s likely to go for less than that.

Maybe Brighton won’t sell Ferguson for that level (I think they probably would to be honest - he still has a long way to go to show he’s worth that) but Spurs would still be able to buy the likes of Kolo Muani or Toney, who could do a decent job for them. Otherwise they are desperately scrambling around next summer, looking utter fools for having lost their best player for nothing.

They aren’t selling Kane at a discount. They are selling him for what he’s worth, having got themselves into a situation where he leaves for free in one more year. It’s pure economics that selling him this summer is the way to go. Even currently the talk is that they’ll sell him for £100m and, if that’s the starting position, he’s likely to go for less than that.

Maybe Brighton won’t sell Ferguson for that level (I think they probably would to be honest - he still has a long way to go to show he’s worth that) but Spurs would still be able to buy the likes of Kolo Muani or Toney, who could do a decent job for them. Otherwise they are desperately scrambling around next summer, looking utter fools for having lost their best player for nothing.
It's not pure economics though, even if it was, you're not taking into account your actions would do to improving us, so you have to spend more anyway to reach the team you just strengthened. So even economically, it makes little sense to sell to less than 100m to us.

But they won't be scrambling around, they have a whole season to earmark someone as a replacement if that's the case. They could even still sign someone this summer with the view of replacing his goals with, Thuram for example.

You're also forgetting that we want this sorted early in the window, which levy has no incentive to do. There's far too many issue with this transfer for it to happen this summer, intra-league.

Kane is chasing Shearer’s record. He won’t take any move for granted. Him chasing personal goals/achievements is never a bad thing. Madrid did alright when Ronaldo was doing that.

I think as long as it’s below £75m, I’d get him.

£80m plus addons is cutoff for me

If Levy wants insane money then I hope he stays with you for another season too. If Kane wants Shearer's record and wants a shot at winning trophies then I can only think of United and (possibly) Newcastle as clubs he'd leave Spurs for. Liverpool and City wouldn't want him, Arsenal is an obvious no. Chelsea? I'd be very surprised.

He's got to come to Old Trafford eventually, preferably on a free transfer :D

Can safely say we don't sign him on a free

Do whatever it takes. Sweeten the pot with an add on player or two if we must (Martial and Greenwood spring to mind).

We are acting like we are one striker away to be title challenger when in reality we have too many holes and nowhere near City and Arsenal or even Liverpool if they are back in-form. 100m isn't smart business imo. Look at our xG is very low, and you think our lack of goals alone is down to not having striker? We should learn or improve how to play from the back, retain possession, and create quality chances for striker first.

F3-D9-C31-D-C25-A-44-EB-B6-B0-0-C5745-A5-E214.jpg

We are acting like we are one striker away to be title challenger when in reality we have too many holes and nowhere near City and Arsenal or even Liverpool if they are back in-form. 100m isn't smart business imo. Look at our xG is very low, and you think our lack of goals alone is down to not having striker? We should learn or improve how to play from the back, retain possession, and create quality chances for striker first.

Ironically, if we didn't fork out so much money for Antony, signing Kane would have left a good amount in the bank still to fix our other issues.

Ironically, if we didn't fork out so much money for Antony, signing Kane would have left a good amount in the bank still to fix our other issues.
There. We should learn not to spend 80m or 90m or 100m or even 130m on single player.

Even if he flops his performances i still think he will score scruffy, poachers & headers. I kind of feel like we really need that now.

We pretty much are. Arsenal went from 5th last year to nearly winning the league because the manager finally got the balance right. ETH, without the injuries and a proper striker and we're talking about an entirely different results next year.

We pretty much are. Arsenal went from 5th last year to nearly winning the league because the manager finally got the balance right. ETH, without the injuries and a proper striker and we're talking about an entirely different results next year.

I think the Glazers really f*cked us up this year and made it hard for Ten Hag.

The January transfer window could have been an extra purchase of 2 players - meaning by this coming summer we could have had another 4 - which leaves us in more of a chance to fight for a title with 6 new signings alongside the 4 he added on in his first transfer window upon arriving.

Ofcourse we don’t know what happens with new owners if that happens then maybe we make 6 signings anyway?

Just if the average is about 4 signings & we want to fight for a title it seems a bit too optimistic for me.

I think the Glazers really f*cked us up this year and made it hard for Ten Hag.

The January transfer window could have been an extra purchase of 2 players - meaning by this coming summer we could have had another 4 - which leaves us in more of a chance to fight for a title with 6 new signings alongside the 4 he added on in his first transfer window upon arriving.

Ofcourse we don’t know what happens with new owners if that happens then maybe we make 6 signings anyway?

Just if the average is about 4 signings & we want to fight for a title it seems a bit too optimistic for me.

Absolutely, both the ownership saga and the underwhelming January transfer window are down to them.

Arteta got 8 new players to get the balance right. To achieved it, he didn't spend 100m on a single player.

We haven't got the balance right. To get the balance right, we need more than just a striker. Hence why we shouldn't be spending 100m on a player because the budget is tight this summer.

Arteta got 8 new players to get the balance right. To achieved it, he didn't spend 100m on a single player.

We haven't got the balance right. To get the balance right, we need more than just a striker. Hence why we shouldn't be spending 100m on a player because the budget is tight this summer.

I think this is more to do with us being a big club, highly promoted and with money more than anything else.

I think soon as we are interested in a good to great player then the price instantly goes up over 50 million pounds - never mind the competition for that player.

Hojlund is an example - only scored 7 goals in the Serie A but apparently we are interested and the price is at 60million pounds.

Don't agree because need to get a much better keeper with feet,someone to control tempo in midfield and top striker. Worth remembering Arsenal already had couple of pieces

We have a chance if we sign the most possible sure striker we can get in Kane. If not then what is the point of talking about challenging. If you dont want to challeng next 1/2 years then might as well signed young players from the start. You have important players in Case, Varane, Eriksen, Bruno, Shaw that are all in their 30s or thereabout and if you dont want to challenge next year then when your young striker mature, you will still have to replace other important players and we will keep talking about transition the next 10 years.

We have a chance if we sign the most possible sure striker we can get in Kane. If not then what is the point of talking about challenging. If you dont want to challeng next 1/2 years then might as well signed young players from the start. You have important players in Case, Varane, Eriksen, Bruno, Shaw that are all in their 30s or thereabout and if you dont want to challenge next year then when your young striker mature, you will still have to replace other important players and we will keep talking about transition the next 10 years.

Agreed. The number one problem is goals, so signing an experienced striker should be priority #1. Using the Arse experience as an example, they moved up to the next level after getting Jesus, where everyone else started magically playing better and look at them now.

This guy does feck all to address Shaw’s flailing arm on Thursday or DdG’s chocolate wrists yesterday, he also doesn’t change the fact our midfield can’t possess the ball very well.

I want us to sign a striker & would be happy if that striker is Kane but we have a prime example at Spurs of what happens when the rest of the team is flawed. We are not a player away from challenging.

This guy does feck all to address Shaw’s flailing arm on Thursday or DdG’s chocolate wrists yesterday, he also doesn’t change the fact our midfield can’t possess the ball very well.

I want us to sign a striker & would be happy if that striker is Kane but we have a prime example at Spurs of what happens when the rest of the team is flawed. We are not a player away from challenging.
Exactly this.

Signing Kane is a gamble: we are betting on him and Casemiro to have the longevity of Benzema and Modric. Otherwise by the time we get all the pieces in (if we ever do) we might have to look for their replacements instead of actually challenging.

I disagree.

If we'd scored a couple of goals in each of these games, the Shaw handball and De Gea gaff wouldn't have mattered.

And we all know Kane's style of play includes dropping deep and being involved in the build-up, so I think he would actually improve our control of the midfield.