Full Name: Harry Amass
Date of Birth: Mar 16, 2007
Nationality: England
189.png

Squad Number: #41
Position: Defender - Left-Back
Foot: Left
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2027​

Should be giving preseason games, if he's any good would get games this season as Shaw and Malacia can't stay fit for their lives.

High hopes for him. Hope he has a strong pre-season, and the opportunity is there for him to feature over the next few weeks with other left-backs unavailable.

Really showed how press resistant he is as many of us have praised. I think people need to realize what kind of fullback he is at the moment. He's almost like a 4th midfielder out there, except more press resistant. Won't dazzle you at the moment with amazing attack or defense bombing up and down the wing, but will advance play and be extremely helpful in possession. With this strong foundation of a skill, he can hopefully develop the other parts of his game. Right now he has a very strong floor.

Was neat and tidy. Nothing wrong.

I am not against him being given a shot as backup. I think young players often develop best when being thrown into the fire.

Rightfully relegated to the 2nd half team after last week's performance. Thought his replacement did better too. Still a WIP.

Rightfully relegated to the 2nd half team after last week's performance. Thought his replacement did better too. Still a WIP.

If you watched this match and thought that Murrey played better than Amass then I'd suggest you don't have a future as a football scout.

If you watched this match and thought that Murrey played better than Amass then I'd suggest you don't have a future as a football scout.
I was comparing his performance last week to Murrey's this week. I didn't watch the 2nd half. And no, I have no intention in being a football scout.

Edit: To be fair it was the 1st preseason game but Amass's decision making was erratic. Still young and learning obviously but he did have a lot of hype on here.

I was comparing his performance last week to Murrey's this week. I didn't watch the 2nd half. And no, I have no intention in being a football scout.

Amass was very good in the second half, significantly better than Murrey in the first.

He already so technically gifted. His close ball control in tight areas is really impressive. Followed him through the 18s and he stands out in most games as one of, if not the best player on the pitch. Hope he is in and around the first team squad this season, great option for our long term LB. I think we have a buy back option in Alvaro's deal with Benfica, and I'd like him back if he carries on developing his game as he's almost there.

Last edited:
Really showed how press resistant he is as many of us have praised. I think people need to realize what kind of fullback he is at the moment. He's almost like a 4th midfielder out there, except more press resistant. Won't dazzle you at the moment with amazing attack or defense bombing up and down the wing, but will advance play and be extremely helpful in possession. With this strong foundation of a skill, he can hopefully develop the other parts of his game. Right now he has a very strong floor.

Great take and I agree. He doesn't get on as much as Shaw or back as much as say Dalot, but he's technically so good for his age and the press doesn't phase him... He keeps the ball moving and can play through the lines, decisively. Doesn't seem to fanny about on the ball.

Looks good.
There is no substitute for good technique and this kid has got it.

Very good dribbling, bit weak in the air in one particular moment.

Crazy how much expectation we put on kids in pre-season games these days..
With Amass people wanted him chucked in during last season despite him being only 16 at the time. High expectations. They can be a weight around your shoulders. Give the lad time to develop at his own pace. If/when he’s ready then give him a chance

Much better today. In stark contrast to Oguneye on the other side who couldn't trap a bag of cement.
Exactly what I thought too. Felt bad for the latter who really was terrible, even with all the reasonable caveats and context.

Amass was the only interesting thing in the second half for me, hope he has a solid pre-season and gets a few games in the cup ties maybe in the coming season.

Yeah, look more composed and assured than Oguneye who looked naturally nervous.

I liked the look of the LB who started the game too. Looked like a solid all-rounder.

Much better this match; the most impressive of the kids IMO. Showed good press-resistance, passing and he also looked faster than I expected.

With the many comments on here last season questioning his pace if you hadn't seen him before you'd actually believe he was slow.

He's quick enough. Don't worry.

The defensive side needs work, but thankfully, the talent is obvious. Doesn’t require extensive mitigation and excuses, just watch him play football for 10 minutes and you can just see that he’s naturally good at it.

His first touch and ability in tight spaces is up there with Shaw and that’s saying something. Lacks the defensive awareness and physicality as you’d expect for someone of his age, but his talent is readily apparent. Hope he can get a few Europa games this season. If we get another fullback he would do well on loan to a top championship team who play actual football.

His first touch and ability in tight spaces is up there with Shaw and that’s saying something. Lacks the defensive awareness and physicality as you’d expect for someone of his age, but his talent is readily apparent. Hope he can get a few Europa games this season. If we get another fullback he would do well on loan to a top championship team who play actual football.
No I don't want him playing in England, anything lower than the PL and he'll just get physically pushed around. If he goes somewhere it should be like Germany/Spain/Netherlands somewhere he won't be targeted physically. The last thing we need is for him to get injured