Hansi Flick | Barcelona boss

Kinda funny in retrospect that he was Bayern's manager in that 8-2 game.

Seems strange to call it a risk when you look at his honours, but it feels like one. There was always a sense that his Bayern team kind of ran itself and Flick just kept them ticking over. But then people said that about Ancelotti before it became obvious he did a lot more than just that, so who knows.

Seems strange to call it a risk when you look at his honours, but it feels like one. There was always a sense that his Bayern team kind of ran itself and Flick just kept them ticking over. But then people said that about Ancelotti before it became obvious he did a lot more than just that, so who knows.
The difference of course is that Ancelotti managed successfully everywhere he went, Flick's only notable successful run as a manager was those about 50 games with Bayern before his team lost form a bit.

Not that i really want him as United manager, but why isn’t he amongst the conversation to take over here when Erik’s seat is currently under threat?

Not that i really want him as United manager, but why isn’t he amongst the conversation to take over here when Erik’s seat is currently under threat?
Because he just signed for Barca and was presented as their new manager today.

Yes of course. But i meant before he signed for Barca, my dear

He wasn’t on any of United’s shortlist
United is badly managed (but hopefully improving now). But it could be worse. It could be managed like Barca.

Around the dinner table, Flick was reported to hold onto the ketchup for a good 3-4 seconds before handing it over to his wife. This indicates that Barcelona will be aiming for possession-based football next season.

Yes of course. But i meant before he signed for Barca, my dear

He wasn’t on any of United’s shortlist
I don't think he was on anybody's shortlist but Barca's... That might tell you something.

8 minutes in the shower? This proves that he's not actually bald.

Concerning.

When you've heard his team talks in that DFB documentation he might be the first manager for whom a language barrier actually works to his advantage.

I wonder what made Barca hire him. This could go belly up really quickly.

I don't think 8 minutes is enough to wash your body and hair sufficiently. He may be neglecting to wash some parts of his body.
Face wash, exfoliating face scrub, body wash, shampoo, then conditioner should take about 8 minutes or less.

8 minutes and 31 seconds is more than enough time to...

Wait um nevermind

When you've heard his team talks in that DFB documentation he might be the first manager for whom a language barrier actually works to his advantage.

I wonder what made Barca hire him. This could go belly up really quickly.
I am truely baffled by this. But now I am curious, how Flick's "approach" will translate to Barca's players and - more importantly - to their philosophy.

Because PR and perception is one of the most important aspects of a managerial career in Football.

Flick seems like the guy who doesn't care about these aspects and prefers keeping a low profile.

There are coaches who haven't achieved anything close to Flick and still are way more talked about and popular on these online forums. It's all because of their PR team shaping the public perceptions.

Face wash, exfoliating face scrub, body wash, shampoo, then conditioner should take about 8 minutes or less.

Cool. Let's see Paul Allen's shower routine?

He might need a helping hand from Joachim Loew

Well, as long as he doesn't sniff it.......

I'm more concerned how they even got that information in the first place...Does this mean hotels are monitoring everyone's showers?

I know that there water usage monitoring devices but I have no idea if hotels use them.

I am truely baffled by this. But now I am curious, how Flick's "approach" will translate to Barca's players and - more importantly - to their philosophy.

I mean, we can't be entirely sure he's shit so I wouldn't bet my life on his failure but I really don't see him succeeding there. Can't wrap my head around this decision by Laporta. Incredible stuff.