Hannibal Mejbri | Joins Burnley

A real shame as do think he's a talent but its a decent fee in the end. The path for a youngster into our team is never easy and Mainoo being the bigger talent probably closed off the opportunity.

Intrigued to see what he might do with regular football.

Good transfer business. Supposedly 9.4 million where 5.4 million is fixed and 4 million addons. Including sell on clause and buy back clause.

Best of luck to the lad.

Shame he never made it at Utd, but he obviously just wasn't good enough. No harm in that, he should still have a good career.

Very best of luck to him.

I had big hopes for him, and feel we made a lot of errors in the last few seasons with his development. There was the raw but huge potential there for an energetic box to box player with good technique and vision. Real shame he's never been given a genuine opportunity to polish up that rawness.

Hope we've not damaged / held back his potential too much and that he gets to show the full array of it at Burnley. There's definitely a PL quality player in there. Hope he gets to achieve that.

Best of luck to the lad. You can't keep them all, someone should have told that to the fecking idiots we've had running the post-Fergie football operations until now.

Good luck to him. Shame it didn't work out, I remember being very excited we had signed one of the biggest talents in France that summer, and we had to pay a decent fee for him too. Ultimately he hasn't been able to translate his talen to top level football yet but he's young and has loads of time to get there. One I'll still keep an eye on.

Really thought he had high potential but shows the difference between youth level and premier league. Good luck to him and hope he has a great career.

Yep, I thought he was nailed on to become a United regular, probably could have done with a run of games, but it was obvious that ETH didn't rate him, so I wish him all the best, and I hope we have a buyback and sell on clause in the deal.

Best of luck to him. Burnley are getting a very talented player if they can get his career back on track.

At one point, he seemed a shoe in to make it here as he is obviously very talented. It’s a bit disappointing that he didn’t kick on after what was a good but short stint of cameos for the first team. He sometimes showed a lack of discipline which was exasperated in that game against Newcastle where it probably went downhill for him.

Didn't realise Utd bought him originally.

50% sell on + buy back is a pretty good deal for Utd though, could essentially end up becoming a glorified loan if he does well.

Wasn't he extremely highly rated when we signed him? I had high hopes for the kid but he's a bit all over the place

Good deal for Burnley I think

Agreed. I think given regular playing time in a consistent side he’s gonna grow into a solid player. Can see him becoming a fan favourite. I’m happy he stayed in the Prem as I’m looking forward to watching him

Very happy to see a buy-back clause.

Noticed he thanked fans, players, staff, but not the manager.
Not many players do outright thank the manager when they leave, largely because they are leaving because they aren’t getting played!

Good luck to the boy.

He should be looking at Andreas Pereira for quite a similar trajectory — very talented at youth level, didn’t work when given chances here, loans of varying success before settling down permanently elsewhere and ultimately clawing himself back to be a solid PL level player.

Not many players do outright thank the manager when they leave, largely because they are leaving because they aren’t getting played!

I think they're generally included in the count of everyone they thank.

All the best to him. A dominant team in the Championship who want to play good football feels like a much better stylistic fit than his previous loans so hopefully it works out well for him.

Hope he does well there. Will watch their games when they’re on tv

How many players have we sold are actually good enough to come back and play for us?

Good luck to him. Never really warmed to him as a player and happy with the fee.

Okay fee as his contract was expiring next year. Good luck to him, solid player and really liked his energy but he also looked even too eager to get the ball at times, hence those yellow cards. Good luck to him and hopefully he comes back at some point as it would mean he developed in good player.

Another sale made. Really good summer in many ways.